Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

Message 31 of 55

@Cirice wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

No, just another attempt to interrupt a non-political discussion.

If it's supposed to be a non-political discussion, then why did you post it in the politics forum?

Have you noticed that the label for this forum is Politics, Current Events?  Posts here refers to both, but it is the so-called Liberal crowd who makes anything political. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 55

@Cirice wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

If it's supposed to be a non-political discussion, then why did you post it in the politics forum?

Maybe trying to get away with posts with content that mis-identifies a political and partisan disingenuity?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 55

@Soosie wrote:
@Tex.......Thanks for posting about this young man. I think he is much more of a man than some. I wonder what happens to some who become bitter and are only happy if they try to spread their bitterness and unhappiness. Nice to see a young man like this

Look within.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

https://fox17.com/news/local/wheelchair-bound-boy-holds-himself-up-to-stand-for-the-national-anthem-...

Video at Link...

COOKEVILLE, Tenn. - A boy in a wheelchair's stand for the U.S. flag is warming hearts across middle Tennessee.

Leah Norris told FOX 17 News she captured the special moment during the demolition derby at the Putnam County Fair on Sunday night.

Norris said when the "Star-Spangled Banner" was being performed by Jenny Leigh, it wasn't what she heard but rather what she saw that brought tears to her eyes.

A boy, with braces on both legs, was struggling to stand for the national anthem. The boy, identified as Avery Price, is seen hanging onto his father for support and the man pats his son's back with encouragement.

Price, 10 years old, has a condition that makes it difficult for him to use his legs — but that didn’t stop him from exercising free speech when the anthem played.

Facebook user shared the video, commenting that someone needs to "show this to the NFL," amid controversy over players kneeling before the flag.

Good for him 😊

And then the cons had to go and suck all the joy out of the moment by politicizing the boy's accomplishment.

You know, kneeling during the anthem is also a form of free speech.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 55

@Snoopy48 wrote:

I commented on the last paragraph of what you posted. By including that paragraph the original author attacked those who were using their free speech rights to bring attention to the unequal treatment of African-Americans by the legal community who is supposed to treat everyone equally.

It wasn't the original author who said that about the football players but another facebook user.  Apparently you are still looking for an excuse to interrupt a discussion and obfuscate the theme of the post.  No, just another attempt to interrupt a non-political discussion.

More trolling and carrying the discussion way off topic...   And still opting to be argumentative. 

Bye.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

I made a comment based on the post you made. If you did not agree with your post why did you post it?

May I suggest you read the last paragraph of the story you posted.

Again, why are you attempting to make an issue of what was supposed to be a human interest story?  That seems to be a liberal trait.

I commented on the last paragraph of what you posted. By including that paragraph the original author attacked those who were using their free speech rights to bring attention to the unequal treatment of African-Americans by the legal community who is supposed to treat everyone equally.

Do you really think that spewing the word 'liberal' makes your opinion more important?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 55

@Snoopy48 wrote:

I made a comment based on the post you made. If you did not agree with your post why did you post it?

Again, why are you attempting to make an issue of what was supposed to be a human interest story?  That seems to be a liberal trait.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Snoopy48  shined light on something that wasn't supposed to be observed and commented upon...

So the "have a good day" gets used...

Yes he did...on the character of liberals here.  Like attempting to change the topic to another poster. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Apparently some have either forgot or never learned the values that they should have learned over three-quarters of s century ago.

Your problem, I've kept mine.  Have a good day.

You mean that you were taught that the only ones allowed free speech were those who agreed with you? 

Not necessarily, but it appears that there are some who make light of others.  And is now attempting to engage in an argument.

Now, have a good day. 

It sure appears that some chose to start a topic to make light of some people who they do not agree with exercising their Constitutional rights. 

Kudos
Views