Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Border Crossings Hit 10-Year High (ILLEGAL)

Message 1 of 18

I am getting sick and tired of pointing out in this message board over and over again thruout the years. as to why we continue to have an illegal immigration problem and I guess both Republicans and Democrats for their own personal agendas refuse to deal with this issue.

1.- Deportation proceedings suck. this has become a business for American attorneys to get these cases and see that they delay and delay their completion for years.

Charge the laws in this respect and deport individuals that  come here as asylum seekers and don't  qualify and deport them within  an appropriate time and not years. 

2.- Follow up on Student and tourists visas.

3.- Follow up on H1b visas

3.-Penalize heavily employers that hire illegal workers.

4.- Complete a comprehensive immigration law that will change the ways that our very extinct  law does not.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 18

Do you ever get the feeling that news stories come and go faster than they used to? Ask anyone in the news business. It's real. The O.J. Simpson story lasted about a year. Now, it feels like there is an O.J. a week.

Maybe it's the effect of staring at screens all day, jumping from snippet to snippet. Our brains have been rewired to think only in the present tense. Or maybe there is a lot more news than there used to be. Some world historic crisis hits every four days, knocking the last world historic crisis from our collective consciousness forever.

Once upon a time people had a chance to digest their disasters. The Titanic, for example, sank in April of 1912. In 1982, the New York Times wrote a front page feature about Titanic survivors. Seventy years later, people still remembered the story. Can you remember what happened 70 days ago? How about 56 days ago? Think back to that cobweb-shrouded period in our history. It was January of 2019.

The federal government had just shut down. The president said we needed a border wall. The Democrats scoffed at him. They claimed the entire immigration crisis was "manufactured." The news media heartily weighed in on that debate. In case you can't remember whose side the media took, they called it, in clip after clip, a "manufactured crisis."

All together now: "manufactured crisis." Six syllables. Learn them, dear robots. Repeat them until they seem plausible. Move on, they will never remember you lied. And that's exactly what the news media did. It's what they always do.

But reality has an unpleasant habit of reinserting itself into these things. You can dismiss a crisis as manufactured, but that doesn't mean the crisis doesn't exist. In the last month, 76,000 illegal aliens crossed the U.S.-Mexico border -- the highest number in a decade. That's more than the entire population of San Francisco or Boston or Washington, D.C., every single year, coming by foot, over just one of our international borders. That is a crisis, manufactured or not.

How are the people in charge responding to this crisis? Well, they are still lying -- and not just lying, because that's never enough for them. They are lying and sneering at the same time, all with maximum self-righteousness. They are selling us a steaming load of BS and screaming at us for not believing it.

Young pioneer, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, is letting you know that if you want your border secured, you are a bad American. The good Americans are the ones trying to sneak into America.

"The president should not be asking for more money to an agency that has systematically violated human rights," she said on another cable news network. "The president should be really defending why we are funding such an agency at all. Those women and children trying to come here with nothing but the shirts on their back to create an opportunity and to provide for this nation are acting more in an American tradition than this president is right now."

Yes. They are the real Americans.

Well, Ocasio-Cortez expanded on this on Twitter. She denounced any Democrat who might be tempted to compromise in any way on immigration. Only open borders are morally acceptable. "Where was the concern last week when 26 Democrats voted for a G.O.P. amendment to expand I.C.E. powers rooted in the racist plus false trope that Latino immigrants are more dangerous than U.S.-born citizens?" she wrote. "The entire premise of a wall is not based in fact. It's based on a racist plus non- evidence based trope that immigrants are dangerous. Yet some Dems are willing to 'compromise' and spend billions on a trope because we have accepted some kind of racism as real politic in America."

Racist! White supremacist! Anyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi. How tired are you of screeching like this? How boring has it become?

SNIP

Everyone in Central America knows this. Why wouldn't they? Since 2000, the number of pending immigration court cases has gone from barely 100,000 to more than 800,000. About 22 million illegal immigrants already live in the United States. That's more people than the populations of 16 U.S. states combined. That is more than the entire New York City metropolitan area, just of people here illegally.

But remember, it's not a crisis. It's a guaranteed Democratic majority for the next 100 years -- and that's a good thing. Ask CNN.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-1-million-illegal-aliens-at-the-border-is-a-crisis-ma...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 18

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

My example is limited to comparing Obama with Trump. Trump cares, Obama didn't care. That's it.

So, in a way you are comparing two bads? well we all know that they don't make a right. don't we?

No, I am comparing one that made promises (Trump) and is attempting to complete those promises (GOOD) with Obama who was always doing BAD (raising taxes, killing pipelines, bowing to Muslim leaders, killing the space program, closing coal down in W Va, creating a problem program called Obamacare, driving a wedge between the races ("Travon Martin could be my son"), and the list goes on.....).

Here in the southwest, we know that the illegals come across and then immediately surrender to CBP in order to apply for sanctuary.  Instead of building a wall, Trump would be better off using the funds for CBP staff and resources as they are maxed out.  He does not want to talk about that.  Instead of a wall, he ought to put up signs "this way to the nearest CBP post". It would be cheaper and more effective. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-customs-agency-is-so-short-staffed-its-sen...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 18

@rker321 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

My example is limited to comparing Obama with Trump. Trump cares, Obama didn't care. That's it.

So, in a way you are comparing two bads? well we all know that they don't make a right. don't we?

No, I am comparing one that made promises (Trump) and is attempting to complete those promises (GOOD) with Obama who was always doing BAD (raising taxes, killing pipelines, bowing to Muslim leaders, killing the space program, closing coal down in W Va, creating a problem program called Obamacare, driving a wedge between the races ("Travon Martin could be my son"), and the list goes on.....).

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 18

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 18

@Panjandrum wrote:

NOTHAPPENING:   Obama didn't care about illegal aliens, Trump does!

For sure he does. We can tell by all the TLC shown to little children.

Are you referring to rolling out the red carpet for illegal aliens and their illegal tots?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 18

@Panjandrum wrote:

Richva:   When is Trump going to stop the problem at the source, like Obama used to do?

What...............if he takes care of the problem he loses red meat for the gullible base to go nuts about. They love stories of evil hordes of MS13, rapists and drug lords coming to get them.

But think of it this way - if he fixed the problem he'd have so much more "red meat" for everyone. Hey, they would probably build a wall with his name on it.

But - how did Obama stop the problem???

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 18

NOTHAPPENING:   Obama didn't care about illegal aliens, Trump does!

For sure he does. We can tell by all the TLC shown to little children.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 18

Richva:   When is Trump going to stop the problem at the source, like Obama used to do?

What...............if he takes care of the problem he loses red meat for the gullible base to go nuts about. They love stories of evil hordes of MS13, rapists and drug lords coming to get them.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 18

@rker321 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Obama didn't care about illegal aliens, Trump does!

And I do, and most Americans do also. We all care about this country and how things are handled. Yes illegal immigration is not the way. so please don't dump all into your conception of who we all are.

I never did although the statement I made was true - that Obama didn't care about illegal aliens!

So, Obama didn't care?  so?  Like I said your example is quite limited. don't y0u think?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors