Honored Social Butterfly

Bolton's Book: Trump Behaved Bizarrely

From Bolton's Book:

Trump came on the line at perhaps 7:20 (I was slowly passing the Roosevelt Bridge across the Potomac) to say he decided to call the (Iranian) strikes off because they were not "proportionate."

"A hundred fifty to one," he said, and I thought he was referring to the number of missiles we might fire compared to the one Iranian missile that had brought down the Global Hawk.

Instead, Trump said he was told by someone unnamed there might be a hundred fifty Iranian casualties.

"Too many body bags," said Trump, which he was not willing to risk for an unmanned drone -- "Not proportionate," he said again.

Pompeo tried to reason with him, but he wasn't having it. Saying we could always strike later, Trump cut the discussion off, repeating he didn't want to have a lot of body bags on television.
I tried to change his mind, but I got nowhere. I was nearing the White House and would come to the Oval when I arrived.

In my government experience, this was the most irrational thing I ever witnessed any president do. It called to mind Kelly's question to me: What would happen if we got into a real crisis with Trump as president? Well, we now had one, and Trump had behaved bizarrely, just as Kelly feared.

bolton book 1 A.jpg

bolton book 2 A.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trump didn't want to attack Iran and have a hundred fifty dead people because Iran had shot down an unmanned US drone.

Trump said it's not proportionate. He can't do that. Bolton described that as “the most irrational” thing he’d ever seen any President do.

Later on Trump did kill Qasem Soleimani who was an Iranian major general in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

So John Bolton turns against Trump because Trump is not hawkish enough. Not enough body bags for John Bolton. That's why he's mad at Trump.

So, as bad as Trump is, there are plenty of people on the right who are even worse on policies and on the issues (eg. "John Bolton").

Honored Social Butterfly

They are both disgusting.  And Bolton has been itching for a war against Iran for decades....

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, Bolton was itching for a war with Iran. As I remember, Trump put him in charge of the overthrow of Venezuela. I don't know what happened with that one. I'm sure Venezuela is in his book.

I was reading the book in Walmart. Very detailed book with a lot of pages. I didn't buy it. The thought of giving Bolton my money didn't feel right to me.

Next time I go to Walmart I'll read the chapter on Venezuela. 

I thought Trump was nuts when he brought in John Bolton to his Cabinet.

Before that Trump said he didn't want him because he didn't like looking at his mustache 

I was actually relieved when he fired him.

A scary thought - "President John Bolton."

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@gordyfl wrote:

Yes, Bolton was itching for a war with Iran. As I remember, Trump put him in charge of the overthrow of Venezuela. I don't know what happened with that one. I'm sure Venezuela is in his book.

I was reading the book in Walmart. Very detailed book with a lot of pages. I didn't buy it. The thought of giving Bolton my money didn't feel right to me.

Next time I go to Walmart I'll read the chapter on Venezuela. 

I thought Trump was nuts when he brought in John Bolton to his Cabinet.

Before that Trump said he didn't want him because he didn't like looking at his mustache 

I was actually relieved when he fired him.

A scary thought - "President John Bolton."

Here is something for you to check out the next time you are reading Boltons book.

See if you can find the section where they edited out Bolton briefing Trump on the Russian program of paying a bounty on American service members serving in AFG.

Latest reports out say that happened so Russia was paying to have our service people killed all through 2019.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Here is something for you to check out the next time you are reading Boltons book.

See if you can find the section where they edited out Bolton briefing Trump on the Russian program of paying a bounty on American service members serving in AFG.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went back to Walmart to check a chapter on Venezuela in Bolton's book. All copies were gone. Sold out.

I guess there are many Democrats who do their shopping in Walmart.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

bolton this means war.jpg

bolton sharpie.jpg

bolton warcraft.jpg

bolton book.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The Toad acted like the Toad has acted since his 6th birthday, and with the same intellect and emotional control.

The reason he tilts forward when he stands is it's only his overfilled diaper that keeps him standing at all - like those kids' inflatable punching dummies with sand in the bottom.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

oh he doesn't just "act" bizarrely, he IS bizarre, IMO. And unfit for command as well Bolton has pointed out.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png