Esteemed Social Butterfly

Bloomberg Tries To Buy 32,000 FL Votes

"Billionaire Michael Bloomberg has reportedly raised more than $16 million in an effort to help convicted felons in Florida register to vote. 

The Florida Rights Restoration Coalition estimated Bloomberg's fundraising push has already paid off monetary obligations for 32,000 felons, Axios reported."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/517522-bloomberg-pays-fines-for-32000-felons-in-florida-so-the...

"A Bloomberg memo first reported by the Washington Post read: “We know to win Florida we will need to persuade, motivate and add new votes to the Biden column. This means we need to explore all avenues for finding the needed votes when so many votes are already determined.”

“The data shows that in Florida, Black voters are a unique universe unlike any other voting bloc, where the Democratic support rate tends to be 90%-95%," the memo continued."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/matt-gaetz-election-bribery-probe-bloomberg-florida

Honored Social Butterfly

Bloomberg Tries To Buy 32,000 FL Votes

According to Republicans 

Preventing 32,000 people from voting is a good thing because they may vote for Democrats.

Paying the fines for those 32,000 people so they may vote for either party is a bad thing, because they may vote for Democrats. 

I wonder how many  of those 32.000 people will actually turn out to vote?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

May vote for Democrats?????????  Liberal thugs that were in jail are almost always Democrats!  Bloomberg knows this and that's the reason for his spending millions to get 32,000 votes (+ or minus - 10%).

Say no to Joe and BLM cult!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

WRONG! Maia thugs are in the White House. Trump has worked with LOTS of them. You really should read up about this.
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

We can only hope Jeff Bezos buys 1 million votes in Florida, and he is bright enough to do it.

Honored Social Butterfly

NOTHAPPENING:   May vote for Democrats?????????  Liberal thugs that were in jail are almost always Democrats!  Bloomberg knows this and that's the reason for his spending millions to get 32,000 votes (+ or minus - 10%).

That just another way of saying it's ok to disenfranchise people because they probably aren't going to vote the way you like. Am I right?

Honored Social Butterfly

That just another way of saying it's ok to disenfranchise people because they probably aren't going to vote the way you like. Am I right?

You are wrong (in my opinion).  Until those debts have been paid off (by the original owner of those debts to society), they aren't free to vote.  So Bloomy decides to pay off their debt cancelling one of their (the criminals) obligations! Maybe they should have been left in jail?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

NOT wrote in red, my re4ply in blue:

You are wrong (in my opinion).  Until those debts have been paid off (by the original owner of those debts to society), they aren't free to vote.  This means only POOR people will lose their right to vote, something Republicans support, but it's just a new version of the poll tax they used to keep poor people from voting before that was made illegal. Why no outrage over the fact only poor people go to jail because they cannot afford a bail bond? Oh, right, Republicans WROTE the laws that allow money to prevent jail time for those who have money, and put those without money IN jail solely for that reason, then being in jailo, they cannot work, so they lose their good jobs AND have a criminal conviction so they can never get another good job.

So Bloomy decides to pay off their debt cancelling one of their (the criminals) obligations! You fallaciously assume the law limits the legal means by which "the criminal" is allowed to obtain money. Will Republicans also ban "GoFundMe" sites? How about allowing bosses to simply not pay criminals their wages because the money might be used to pay their fines and restore their right to vote?

Maybe they should have been left in jail? Another Republican Dream - the restoration of DEBTOR'S PRISON! Keep them locked up until they can pay their debts.

Republicans NEVER look at the consequence of their actions, unless it inconveniences some rich people.

Honored Social Butterfly

This means only POOR people will lose their right to vote

No, only people who finish their time in jail (because they are a felon) and pay off their debts can vote.  Poor people may have a good reason to WORK to pay off their restitution!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It isn't illegal at all, it's just making them furious that their clever little plan to suppress voting isn't going to work. Good for Bloomberg.   BINGO!

And that what worries the far right schreechers here.   After all, it is / was his money, since when can't a wealthy person spend it on whatever they please.   Apparently the Far Right are also hypocrites.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Regular Social Butterfly

And some people say that the Republicans are desperate and running scared.  I think this proves, where the desperation lies. This ought to show biden supporters just how crooked him and his cohorts are. From the sounds of some of the responses being crooked is an asset, when it's on the dimms side anyway. 🙄

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Only 32,000?

Trump is used to buying votes in the Millions about  against Clinton paid directly to Wikileaks.

We still cant see Trumps campaign finances.

Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal  And he can and will ant it is legal. 

goodlol.jpg

no name
Regular Social Butterfly

Roxanna35 wrote:

@sunluvngal  And he can and will ant it is legal. 

goodlol.jpg

sunluvngal:

Very informative, i think ya'lls responses show what kind of people live in the biden cult and what's ok in their world. 🙄

BUT, that wasn't my point really.  Like i said, it's proves their desperation.  I have never put anything past bloomberg, soros, pelosi, schumer, hilary and that bunch. Their history has proven what they're willing to do. I believe they will do whatever it takes to TRY and win this election. That's why i think our government needs to investigate who's funding the riots...

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal 

Do you really think that Bloomberg has not researched the legality of this move. 
Or is trump just jealous that he doesn’t have the support to do this sort of charitable action!

Oh, that’s right, trump’s charitable foundation went up in flames because he was stealing from it!

Honored Social Butterfly

Paying for votes is illegal although the left may not think so since they break the laws every day rioting, looting, and destroying personal property.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/597

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

oh please ..what about the bum in the White House. OOps. Biden is NOT President yet. Hopefully he will be !!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

NOTHAPPENING:   Paying for votes is illegal although the left may not think so since they break the laws every day rioting, looting, and destroying personal property.

He isn't "paying for votes", he's paying off debts so they CAN vote if they wish. Who they vote for and if they vote at all is their business, but now they will be able to if they want to.

Honored Social Butterfly

It could be a loan to the ex- Felon and then the far-right screamers don't have a leg to stand on.    They don't know any of the details - they just scream and complain.     Are they that blind that they don't believe that an uber-wealthy man such as Bloomberg would have done some serious CYA.    Reminder:  Occupy paid off lots of people home loans - and nary a peep from the far-right.

FL AG is just whining, will he accept the cash - you betcha!   

For the record, I loan people a stamp who need one to mail a bill or mail in a Vote by Mail ballot - what is the difference?

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

So what, and good for Bloomberg...

Citizens already voted to give voting rights back, and then the repub legislature reversed the Citizens will

to create a pay to vote situation. 
So how is this action illegal? Just because desantis and trump don’t like it. 

Honored Social Butterfly

williamb:  

So what, and good for Bloomberg...

Citizens already voted to give voting rights back, and then the repub legislature reversed the Citizens will

to create a pay to vote situation. 
So how is this action illegal? 

It isn't illegal at all, it's just making them furious that their clever little plan to suppress voting isn't going to work. Good for Bloomberg.

Honored Social Butterfly

Whoever makes or offers to make an expenditure to any person, either to vote or withhold his vote, or to vote for or against any candidate; and

Whoever solicits, accepts, or receives any such expenditure in consideration of his vote or the withholding of his vote—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the violation was willful, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/597

Honored Social Butterfly

I hope Bloomy can stay out of jail!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

wish I could say the same for Trump, but I CAN'T, LOL!
Honored Social Butterfly

as I just posted to Not, going around the law is a lot better than breaking the law which is what TRump does...OOOPS!!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png