Message 21 of 75

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

Your memes don't stand up to data.    And there is tons of data to show our society discriminates against black people in every facet of life, from the NICU to the grave.

Do you have data to support what you are saying, if so please share it.

I would submit, ALL people in America have the freedom to make their own choices.  Race does not determine one's ability to choose.

I look forward to seeing your support data disputing my statement.

The meme I posted makes that point.

Some of that discrimination is "affirmative action" (I guess) which GIVES preferences to blacks in colleges, job placement, and promotions.

No more than when you do any wrong for a few generations you are required to make approriate corrections.  If someone crashes your car, they are expected to pay for the damage. If they hurt you, they are expected to make up for lost income. 

In YOUR EXAMPLE, the person who did the "wrong doing" pays the penalty. With affirmative action, the person that did the deed is long gone from this planet and another innocent person is wronged discriminating against him/her.  Your example is thus invalid.

WOW! Great News! Racism no longer exists in America!! All the racists are DEAD!!

As you well know, racism exists in the black community as well as in the white community yet the left wants affirmative action to linger on. Affirmative action hurts blacks as well as whites. Whites get hurt by constant discrimination against them when blacks compete for salary, jobs, or college slots.  Blacks get hurt by affirmative action when they become successful doctors, lawyers, or other professions, they are looked down upon (by others) as attaining their status via affirmative action instead of their true talents.

The left wants to perpetuate this folly.

I went thru the height of affirmative action. Never affected me once. It just means you have to score higher. I didnt have a problem doing that.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Blacks vs. Police

Message 22 of 75

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

Your memes don't stand up to data.    And there is tons of data to show our society discriminates against black people in every facet of life, from the NICU to the grave.

I would submit, ALL people in America have the freedom to make their own choices.  Race does not determine one's ability to choose.

Some of that discrimination is "affirmative action" (I guess) which GIVES preferences to blacks in colleges, job placement, and promotions.

No more than when you do any wrong for a few generations you are required to make approriate corrections.  If someone crashes your car, they are expected to pay for the damage. If they hurt you, they are expected to make up for lost income. 

In YOUR EXAMPLE, the person who did the "wrong doing" pays the penalty. With affirmative action, the person that did the deed is long gone from this planet and another innocent person is wronged discriminating against him/her.  Your example is thus invalid.

WOW! Great News! Racism no longer exists in America!! All the racists are DEAD!!

As you well know, racism exists in the black community as well as in the white community yet the left wants affirmative action to linger on. Affirmative action hurts blacks as well as whites. Whites get hurt by constant discrimination against them when blacks compete for salary, jobs, or college slots.  Blacks get hurt by affirmative action when they become successful doctors, lawyers, or other professions, they are looked down upon (by others) as attaining their status via affirmative action instead of their true talents.

The left wants to perpetuate this folly.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 75

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Nerdy Mom posted...

The difference is one is government-sanctioned killing while the other will get the perpetrator thrown in jail.

===================================================

government-sanctioned killing?

That is new to me ... can you justify posting that with proof?

The police are government.  They are empowered to temporarily or permanently take away your freedom or your life, depending on the situation.  They can lawfully kill you under certain circumstances.  And since our culture gives great deference to the police officers, they are at times capable of killing with impunity.   

So why is that different from crime in Chicago?  If a civilian did exactly the same thing, killed someone by shooting him, the civilian would be charged with murder.    But a police officer?  Just doing his/her job. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 75
Nerdy Mom posted...

The difference is one is government-sanctioned killing while the other will get the perpetrator thrown in jail.

===================================================

government-sanctioned killing?

That is new to me ... can you justify posting that with proof?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 75

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

WOW! Great News! Racism no longer exists in America!! All the racists are DEAD!! No trace of a Jim Crow law anywhere on the books!! Everyone receives the same education from public schools, everyone gets the same treatment in the courts and police and of COURSE everyone is on the same color-blind ladder to the top!

Either that, or all those racist things STILL exist, which they do, so the redress of greivance is totally appropriate today, and the totally lame notion that the only discriminating done was SLAVERY is thus invalid.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 75

@MIseker wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

I "always" have data to support my claims.   Always.   

I am happy to share it all with you, when you post where Williams got his data on black crime in the 40s and 50s, which I've asked for twice. 

LOL!!

Didn't think so...

no one owes you a thing. You need to support your bogus, slanted topic, and you cant unless you get numbers from breitbart etc. As I said before, its police vs Blacks. The police are the ones doing the stalking. Tons of video proof. WIth body and dash cams we should be seeing the poor innocent picked on police in action. But, they dont have any evidence of being the victims in the situation.  If a cop kills a black man..for no apparent reason, the taxpayer pays off the family and no one goes to jail for murder. But if a black man shoots someone? especially a cop? most of these dont even get to court. 

So just where does a black police officer fit into that rant?

I invite you to prove Walter Williams numbers wrong.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 75

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

I am happy to share it all with you, when you post where Williams got his data on black crime in the 40s and 50s, which I've asked for twice. 

LOL!!

Didn't think so...

This response is really sad.   You aren't entitled to answers from someone without providing your own.   

Walter Williams wrote and researched the article that you seem to dispute.  So I have invited you to dispute it with your own research.  So go for it.

I did not write the article but I read alot of what he writes.  Please feel free to prove him wrong.

The stench of lying permeates his article.

He has a consitutional right to lie - after all - lying has been a time-honored republican tradition ever since Nixon's "southern strategy"...

Provide proof to a right winger who has repeated previously refused to acknowledge the truth?    LOL

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 75

@NerdyMom wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

LOL!!

Didn't think so...

This response is really sad.   You aren't entitled to answers from someone without providing your own.   

Walter Williams wrote and researched the article that you seem to dispute.  So I have invited you to dispute it with your own research.  So go for it.

I did not write the article but I read alot of what he writes.  Please feel free to prove him wrong.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 75

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

LOL!!

Didn't think so...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 75

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

LOL!!

Didn't think so...

no one owes you a thing. You need to support your bogus, slanted topic, and you cant unless you get numbers from breitbart etc. As I said before, its police vs Blacks. The police are the ones doing the stalking. Tons of video proof. WIth body and dash cams we should be seeing the poor innocent picked on police in action. But, they dont have any evidence of being the victims in the situation.  If a cop kills a black man..for no apparent reason, the taxpayer pays off the family and no one goes to jail for murder. But if a black man shoots someone? especially a cop? most of these dont even get to court. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors