Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
239
Views

Re: Blacks vs. Police

239 Views
Message 11 of 75

So Pence spent all that money, just to fly to a football game so he could pretend it was about the flag and not the unequal treatment they were protesting.  

 

Well, I guess it could have been military jets like Trump's cabinet use. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
239
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
236
Views

Re: Blacks vs. Police

236 Views
Message 12 of 75


@MIseker wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

 

Sure, the minority person qualified for assistance, and had to gain more proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English - because many clients they encountered were monolingual English speakers - the minority employee had yet to earn a high school diploma accepted here - but the fact that over three quarters of minority employee's job performance was superior - prior to learning English and getting a high school diploma - had considerable meaning and value to my business.

 


So you give preference to less qualified blacks over whites. Fair answer.

 

and here I thought he said...but the fact that over three quarters of minority employee's job performance was superior - prior to learning English and getting a high school diploma - had considerable meaning and value to my business.


 


Speaks volumes about reading comprehension...

 

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
236
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
235
Views

Re: Blacks vs. Police

235 Views
Message 13 of 75

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

 

Sure, the minority person qualified for assistance, and had to gain more proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English - because many clients they encountered were monolingual English speakers - the minority employee had yet to earn a high school diploma accepted here - but the fact that over three quarters of minority employee's job performance was superior - prior to learning English and getting a high school diploma - had considerable meaning and value to my business.

 


So you give preference to less qualified blacks over whites. Fair answer.

 

and here I thought he said...but the fact that over three quarters of minority employee's job performance was superior - prior to learning English and getting a high school diploma - had considerable meaning and value to my business.


 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
235
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
237
Views

Re: Blacks vs. Police

237 Views
Message 14 of 75

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

 

Sure, the minority person qualified for assistance, and had to gain more proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English - because many clients they encountered were monolingual English speakers - the minority employee had yet to earn a high school diploma accepted here - but the fact that over three quarters of minority employee's job performance was superior - prior to learning English and getting a high school diploma - had considerable meaning and value to my business.

 


So you give preference to less qualified blacks over whites. Fair answer.


No that's not true - as is most of the content of your posts.

 

There are fewer than one percent black people here - I mostly gave preference to more highly qualified people regardless of skin color or cultural background.

 

Gas drilling has decreased 90% due to a republican/conservative blunder in attempting to put gas lines in roadless and wilderness areas resulting in pipelines being at at capacity - precluding profit from additional drilling, proprtionately reducing the number of dim-witted RWNJs and racists causing problems in the region.

 

Now that I've retired, the privately held corporation has an even more outspoken and radically progressive group of people making hiring decisions (all employees have become partners/owners, and have a greater stake in the success of the corporation) - but never fear - the most qualfied applicant is hired, and we are pleased to offer linguistic assistance to applicants to ensure we can determine who is most qualified and will be of the most value as an employee...

 

Whenever I encounter someone who believes Obama was born in Kenya, is a Muslim or is proud of the fact that they voted for and support trump, I stop talking to that person, and leave their presence as quickly as reasonable feasible.

Wouldn't want to be seen in the presence of or interacting with one of those low life scum...

 

 

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
237
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
248
Views

Re: Blacks vs. Police

248 Views
Message 15 of 75

@alferdpacker wrote:

 

Sure, the minority person qualified for assistance, and had to gain more proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English - because many clients they encountered were monolingual English speakers - the minority employee had yet to earn a high school diploma accepted here - but the fact that over three quarters of minority employee's job performance was superior - prior to learning English and getting a high school diploma - had considerable meaning and value to my business.

 


So you give preference to less qualified blacks over whites. Fair answer.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
248
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
245
Views

Re: Blacks vs. Police

245 Views
Message 16 of 75

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 

 


It didn't affect you BECAUSE you were smart enough to score higher.  What about the guy/gal who wasn't as smart as you and got turned down for a promotion, job, or raise just because they were white? It's not fair and should end NOW.


It not because they are "white", it's because they couldn't score high enough. Could you?


Yes, could you??????????????????????????? Affirmative action (for the leftists) is when jobs, promotions, raises, or slots for universities are given to underachievers for being non white.

 

It's discrimination against whites for the leftists who are just learning this!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
245
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
252
Views

Re: Blacks vs. Police

252 Views
Message 17 of 75

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

Your memes don't stand up to data.    And there is tons of data to show our society discriminates against black people in every facet of life, from the NICU to the grave.


Do you have data to support what you are saying, if so please share it.

 

 I would submit, ALL people in America have the freedom to make their own choices.  Race does not determine one's ability to choose.

 

I look forward to seeing your support data disputing my statement.

 

The meme I posted makes that point.

 

 

 

 


Some of that discrimination is "affirmative action" (I guess) which GIVES preferences to blacks in colleges, job placement, and promotions.


No more than when you do any wrong for a few generations you are required to make approriate corrections.  If someone crashes your car, they are expected to pay for the damage. If they hurt you, they are expected to make up for lost income. 

 

 


In YOUR EXAMPLE, the person who did the "wrong doing" pays the penalty. With affirmative action, the person that did the deed is long gone from this planet and another innocent person is wronged discriminating against him/her.  Your example is thus invalid.


WOW! Great News! Racism no longer exists in America!! All the racists are DEAD!!


As you well know, racism exists in the black community as well as in the white community yet the left wants affirmative action to linger on. Affirmative action hurts blacks as well as whites. Whites get hurt by constant discrimination against them when blacks compete for salary, jobs, or college slots.  Blacks get hurt by affirmative action when they become successful doctors, lawyers, or other professions, they are looked down upon (by others) as attaining their status via affirmative action instead of their true talents.

 

The left wants to perpetuate this folly.


I went thru the height of affirmative action. Never affected me once. It just means you have to score higher. I didnt have a problem doing that.

 


It didn't affect you BECAUSE you were smart enough to score higher.  What about the guy/gal who wasn't as smart as you and got turned down for a promotion, job, or raise just because they were white? It's not fair and should end NOW.


They ended up being disgruntled trump voters who still believe entirely in error that they were turned down for racial reasons when the fact is that they were less qualified and had a worse work history than the person that got the job.

 

I've heard that bogus whine numerous times when I hired a better qualified minority person instead of a less qualified white person.  

 

Sure, the minority person qualified for assistance, and had to gain more proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English - because many clients they encountered were monolingual English speakers - the minority employee had yet to earn a high school diploma accepted here - but the fact that over three quarters of minority employee's job performance was superior - prior to learning English and getting a high school diploma - had considerable meaning and value to my business.

 

Now that I have retired, I have fewer issues of that sort to deal with.

Whenever I encounter someone who believes Obama was born in Kenya, is a Muslim or is proud of the fact that they voted for and support trump, I stop talking to that person, and leave their presence as quickly as reasonable feasible.

Wouldn't want to be seen in the presence of or interacting with one of those...

 

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
252
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
247
Views

Re: Blacks vs. Police

247 Views
Message 18 of 75

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 

 


It didn't affect you BECAUSE you were smart enough to score higher.  What about the guy/gal who wasn't as smart as you and got turned down for a promotion, job, or raise just because they were white? It's not fair and should end NOW.


It not because they are "white", it's because they couldn't score high enough. Could you?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
247
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
249
Views

Re: Blacks vs. Police

249 Views
Message 19 of 75

Following WWII, a group of rich white men decided to promote a more just society by moving blacks into more supervisory and managerial positions. But the incredible backlash from the Civil Rights movement AGAINST blacks caused the program to be abandoned because it was, simply put, causing to much labor strife and that was costing too much money (profits).

 

The Torch passed to the Federal Government, and after attempting to counter centuries of discrimination in education and the workplace, We the People decided to try Affirmative Action. The idea was to demonstrate that promoting capable minorities into better schools and jobs would prove they could do the job and counter the bigoted notions of racial inferiority that were used to justify NOT providing equal opportunity for all Americans.

 

So after half a century, how's that Affirmative Action thingie making life tough for white guys?

 

It's NOT.

 

In 2016, whites were 62.3% of the workforce, but held 86% of the Executive positions, 77% of Manager/Supervisor slots and were 72% of the Professionals, a job totally tied to getting admitted to the professional school involved.

 

Didn't have an adverse impact on guys either. Men were just 52% of the workforce, but filled 70% of the Executive and 61% of Mgr/Supv posts.

 

So where do GOPers get the stats that show the terrible toll being taken on white guys by Affirmative Action? Stats? They don' need no stinkin' stats.

This is just one more LIE propagated by Republicans to to feed the bigotry of their lofo base.

 

Along those lines, the Justice (sic) Department of Der Trumper has launched investigations into charges Harvard and U of NC at Chappel Hill used RACE to determine admissions. Republicans have started identical witch-hunts in the past, and have NEVER been able to prove RACE was the deciding factor in admissions.

 

No matter, this is the sort of Red Meat demigogs like Lemontop LOVE to feed their mindless supporters to drive them into frenzies of cheering that "finally someone is going to STOP the unfairness" no matter that there's no credible evidence it exists, Trumpettes are all CERTAIN they'd have gotten into better schools and climbed higher on the employment ladder IF ONLY some minority didn't get THEIR school or promotion. Remember folks, these people also believe President Obama was born in Kenya.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
249
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
246
Views

Re: Blacks vs. Police

246 Views
Message 20 of 75

@MIseker wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

Your memes don't stand up to data.    And there is tons of data to show our society discriminates against black people in every facet of life, from the NICU to the grave.


Do you have data to support what you are saying, if so please share it.

 

 I would submit, ALL people in America have the freedom to make their own choices.  Race does not determine one's ability to choose.

 

I look forward to seeing your support data disputing my statement.

 

The meme I posted makes that point.

 

 

 

 


Some of that discrimination is "affirmative action" (I guess) which GIVES preferences to blacks in colleges, job placement, and promotions.


No more than when you do any wrong for a few generations you are required to make approriate corrections.  If someone crashes your car, they are expected to pay for the damage. If they hurt you, they are expected to make up for lost income. 

 

 


In YOUR EXAMPLE, the person who did the "wrong doing" pays the penalty. With affirmative action, the person that did the deed is long gone from this planet and another innocent person is wronged discriminating against him/her.  Your example is thus invalid.


WOW! Great News! Racism no longer exists in America!! All the racists are DEAD!!


As you well know, racism exists in the black community as well as in the white community yet the left wants affirmative action to linger on. Affirmative action hurts blacks as well as whites. Whites get hurt by constant discrimination against them when blacks compete for salary, jobs, or college slots.  Blacks get hurt by affirmative action when they become successful doctors, lawyers, or other professions, they are looked down upon (by others) as attaining their status via affirmative action instead of their true talents.

 

The left wants to perpetuate this folly.


I went thru the height of affirmative action. Never affected me once. It just means you have to score higher. I didnt have a problem doing that.

 


It didn't affect you BECAUSE you were smart enough to score higher.  What about the guy/gal who wasn't as smart as you and got turned down for a promotion, job, or raise just because they were white? It's not fair and should end NOW.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
246
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.


jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors