Reply
Bronze Conversationalist

Black men in this country treated like wild animals

Another racist cop kills a black man. When will the violence end?

 

We have so many racists in this country. Muslims are viewed as terrorists. Asian Americans are attacked for simply being... Asian. Black men continue to be hunted down by the police.

 

Yet, it is White MAGA supporters claiming to be victims? You would be surprised how many white people in this country believe they have been victims of racism. They are the ones bringing AR15's to protest and claim they are having their civil liberties and rights trampled on.

 

Talk about a bunch of pansies.

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 This thread, maybe?  In response to your question in another thread....

Honored Social Butterfly


@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Centristsin2010 This thread, maybe?  In response to your question in another thread....


Yes ma'am.  Thank you VERY, VERY much!  If I could give you dozens of Kudo's, I would. Your explanations are so wise and if I could I would nominate it for the "Posts of the Year"....they used to do that ya know!  AARP used to care what forum users think...😬


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010   I am so glad you noticed about "caring"

no name
0 Kudos
217 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

We are going to have to agree to disagree.  Shutting our eyes to color allows racism to continue.  Not the other way around. 

 

"Such incidents are examples of  racial “colorblindness” — the idea that ignoring or overlooking racial and ethnic differences promotes racial harmony.

Trainers and facilitators say colorblindness does just the opposite: folks who enjoy racial privilege are closing their eyes to the experiences of others.

“It benefits me not to pay attention,” says Benn, who is white. “I never have to question whether or not my race is being held in question when I apply for a job. It benefits me not to question that (because) it makes it look like I got here on my own.”

 

https://www.tolerance.org/magazine/fall-2009/colorblindness-the-new-racism

Honored Social Butterfly

It benefits me not to pay attention,” says Benn, who is white. “I never have to question whether or not my race is being held in question when I apply for a job. It benefits me not to question that (because) it makes it look like I got here on my own.”

 

To say that what is posted is not true is really being color blind. LOL  of course if if benefits certain people that will not change. We saw it in South  Africa with the whites and the native populations for years.
We don't have the advantage that South Africa had. the black population was a lot larger than the white populations.but,
If we all recognize that we do  have an endemic racism in the US why not really take a good luck at other societies that have had different races and that have been able to diminish or not have an endemic racist problem? why not learn from others? With all due respect that is what I have been calling Ethnocentricity 

no name
0 Kudos
305 Views
0
Report
Social Butterfly

AMERICAN SKIN (41 SHOTS) 

 

Bruce Springsteen

 

 


41 shots, and we'll take that ride
'Cross the bloody river to the other side
41 shots, cut through the night
You're kneeling over his body in the vestibule
Praying for his life

Is it a gun, is it a knife
Is it a wallet, this is your life
It ain't no secret (it ain't no secret)
It ain't no secret (it ain't no secret)
No secret my friend
You can get killed just for living in your American skin

 

AMERICAN SKIN (41 SHOTS) is a song written by Bruce Springsteen and released on his 2014 album High Hopes. The above lyrics are for Bruce Springsteen's album version of AMERICAN SKIN (41 SHOTS) as released on High Hopes.

The song is a scathing comment on the New York City police fatal shooting (with 41 shots) of the unarmed Bronx resident Amadou Diallo in February 1999.

 

 

 

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

I don't see how acknowledging someone's ethnicity or any other identifier is a bad thing or makes someone less American.   We are allowed to be different from one another and still be American. 

Honored Social Butterfly

I don't see how acknowledging someone's ethnicity or any other identifier is a bad thing or makes someone less American. We are allowed to be different from one another and still be American.

 

You may be right - the end is near!

0 Kudos
474 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

 don't see how acknowledging someone's ethnicity or any other identifier is a bad thing or makes someone less American.   We are allowed to be different from one another and still be American. 

 

I believe that you just made my point

no name
0 Kudos
471 Views
8
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

 don't see how acknowledging someone's ethnicity or any other identifier is a bad thing or makes someone less American.   We are allowed to be different from one another and still be American. 

 

I believe that you just made my point


Not really.  If I say someone is African American, that doesn't make them less American.  If we don't acknowledge differences, we try to erase them.  And if we erase them, we can never acknowledge the problems like racism.  If you don't see race, you can't see racism.   And that just maintains white supremacy.

 

Or gender.   White men are the distinct minority in this nation.   About 30% of the nation is white and male.   Yet, they make up most of Congress, most top jobs in government, private sector, most millionaires, etc.    If we don't see race, we can't see racism.  If we don't acknowledge it, we don't look deeper to see what's going on.  

Honored Social Butterfly

Not really.  If I say someone is African American, that doesn't make them less American.  If we don't acknowledge differences, we try to erase them.  And if we erase them, we can never acknowledge the problems like racism.  If you don't see race, you can't see racism.   And that just maintains white supremacy.

 

Or gender.   White men are the distinct minority in this nation.   About 30% of the nation is white and male.   Yet, they make up most of Congress, most top jobs in government, private sector, most millionaires, etc.    If we don't see race, we can't see racism.  If we don't acknowledge it, we don't look deeper to see what's going on.  

+

 

I will assume that you are white, therefore why aren't you call a White American just like the blacks are called African Americans. ? YOU are simply called American. why not give that distinction to people of other races ? why do you only distinguish other races and make them a hyphen? why not make a hyphen for  whites also?

no name
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

Not really.  If I say someone is African American, that doesn't make them less American.  If we don't acknowledge differences, we try to erase them.  And if we erase them, we can never acknowledge the problems like racism.  If you don't see race, you can't see racism.   And that just maintains white supremacy.

 

Or gender.   White men are the distinct minority in this nation.   About 30% of the nation is white and male.   Yet, they make up most of Congress, most top jobs in government, private sector, most millionaires, etc.    If we don't see race, we can't see racism.  If we don't acknowledge it, we don't look deeper to see what's going on.  

+

 

I will assume that you are white, therefore why aren't you call a White American just like the blacks are called African Americans. ? YOU are simply called American. why not give that distinction to people of other races ? why do you only distinguish other races and make them a hyphen? why not make a hyphen for  whites also?


You can call me white.  But generally, I'm "simply called American" to you and others because that's the default in our culture.  We define American culture by white settler standards.  What's appropriate to wear, what's appropriate to eat, what's appropriate to say, what's appropriate music or art or religion.  That is white privilege.  The things we are used to are what's considered proper and normal to us.  Anything else needs an adjective.  

 

And it will remain that way unless we get more comfortable with people being different.  

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly


@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Not really.  If I say someone is African American, that doesn't make them less American.  If we don't acknowledge differences, we try to erase them.  And if we erase them, we can never acknowledge the problems like racism.  If you don't see race, you can't see racism.   And that just maintains white supremacy.

 

Or gender.   White men are the distinct minority in this nation.   About 30% of the nation is white and male.   Yet, they make up most of Congress, most top jobs in government, private sector, most millionaires, etc.    If we don't see race, we can't see racism.  If we don't acknowledge it, we don't look deeper to see what's going on.  

+

 

I will assume that you are white, therefore why aren't you call a White American just like the blacks are called African Americans. ? YOU are simply called American. why not give that distinction to people of other races ? why do you only distinguish other races and make them a hyphen? why not make a hyphen for  whites also?


You can call me white.  But generally, I'm "simply called American" to you and others because that's the default in our culture.  We define American culture by white settler standards.  What's appropriate to wear, what's appropriate to eat, what's appropriate to say, what's appropriate music or art or religion.  That is white privilege.  The things we are used to are what's considered proper and normal to us.  Anything else needs an adjective.  

 

And it will remain that way unless we get more comfortable with people being different.

 

giphy (14).gif


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
203 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

You can call me white.  But generally, I'm "simply called American" to you and others because that's the default in our culture.  We define American culture by white settler standards.  What's appropriate to wear, what's appropriate to eat, what's appropriate to say, what's appropriate music or art or religion.  That is white privilege.  The things we are used to are what's considered proper and normal to us.  Anything else needs an adjective.  

 

And it will remain that way unless we get more comfortable with people being different.  

 

You have just posted the truth about racism in the USA. it is a culture that has forever engaged in seeing people by the color of their skins or their ethnicity. My question is why Americans  have not evolved?  Americans  have had over 200 years of not understanding that you cannot see people by their race. and yet, even to this date, Americans confuse race and ethnicity as if they were one and the same.Have you ever consider the notion that you many have been born in Japan and not be Asian?  So what would you say when you are asked? I am Japanese? or I am white?

 

no name
0 Kudos
414 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

You can call me white.  But generally, I'm "simply called American" to you and others because that's the default in our culture.  We define American culture by white settler standards.  What's appropriate to wear, what's appropriate to eat, what's appropriate to say, what's appropriate music or art or religion.  That is white privilege.  The things we are used to are what's considered proper and normal to us.  Anything else needs an adjective.  

 

And it will remain that way unless we get more comfortable with people being different.  

 

You have just posted the truth about racism in the USA. it is a culture that has forever engaged in seeing people by the color of their skins or their ethnicity. My question is why Americans  have not evolved?  Americans  have had over 200 years of not understanding that you cannot see people by their race. and yet, even to this date, Americans confuse race and ethnicity as if they were one and the same.Have you ever consider the notion that you many have been born in Japan and not be Asian?  So what would you say when you are asked? I am Japanese? or I am white?

 


Because white people benefit from the power structure.  They have no incentive to change it.  As long as money trumps ethics, that's how it will be.  

Honored Social Butterfly


@ManicProgressive wrote:

 

Because white people benefit from the power structure.  They have no incentive to change it.  As long as money trumps ethics, that's how it will be.

 

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!!!  No truer words have ever been posted on this forum!  It's the genesis of White Priviledge and confuses many White Americans. Far more on the Right than the left, CLEARLY!, but also just as clearly, not 100% of either...part of the right-brain/left-brain dynamic.

 

And I'm so pleased you explained it in a way that one poster could clearly understand.  Good for you both!


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
225 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

You have just posted the truth about racism in the USA. it is a culture that has forever engaged in seeing people by the color of their skins or their ethnicity. My question is why Americans  have not evolved?  Americans  have had over 200 years of not understanding that you cannot see people by their race. and yet, even to this date, Americans confuse race and ethnicity as if they were one and the same.Have you ever consider the notion that you many have been born in Japan and not be Asian?  So what would you say when you are asked? I am Japanese? or I am white?

 

Because white people benefit from the power structure.  They have no incentive to change it.  As long as money trumps ethics, that's how it will be.  

 

That could be true, but it is still an excuse. No seeing the need to see people as people. and not what they look like. What is the first thing that you see when you see a black man? do you see  a black man or do you see Mr. John Doe?  Why is it that when you see a White man you see first Mr. Jon Doe?

Is that such a novel concept?  Other countries and societies have done it.  why can't we?
All of what is happening today will pass. and we will see it again. because, is not just the money as you state, is the culture. which is a lot stronger that money. If Americans ever evolve to the state of seeing people as Mr John doe first before they see black Mr John Dow. until that happens, we will always see racism  in the US.

And your answer would be. "I was born in Japan but my parents are Americans. "  so that all will know that you are white.

no name
0 Kudos
342 Views
0
Report
Social Butterfly

The Cop must be a Sadist - he appeared to derive pleasure from inflicting pain and humiliation on the man.  

 

Honored Social Butterfly

In Trump's ALL WHITE REPUBLICAN PARTY, they're not the least bit concerned about the murder of another black man by the police. But they are very upset and worried about PROPERTY DAMAGE

 

In Trump World, logic is never used. They do not understand that nobody's justifying rioting and looting. They're telling America, unlike Trump's Cult members, decent Americans are far more concerned about the non-stop killing of black men by police then they are about property, rioting, and looting.

Regular Social Butterfly

Moscow45 wrote:

Another racist cop kills a black man. When will the violence end?

 

We have so many racists in this country. Muslims are viewed as terrorists. Asian Americans are attacked for simply being... Asian. Black men continue to be hunted down by the police.

 

Yet, it is White MAGA supporters claiming to be victims? You would be surprised how many white people in this country believe they have been victims of racism. They are the ones bringing AR15's to protest and claim they are having their civil liberties and rights trampled on.

 

Talk about a bunch of pansies.

 

@AristotleOfGreece   So is this post about black men being treated like wild animals or just another post against President Trump and his supporters?  What does "white MAGA supporters claiming to be victims" have to do with what happened to this person.  I am a Trump supporter, but i and a whole lot of other Trump supporters  sure do not support this type of treatment to anybody!  Black lives are not the only lives that matter.

 

I happen to believe that blacks are just as prejudiced, if not more so, than anybody.  Look at the rioters in Minnesota driving around saying KILL WHITES!    I hate what the blacks, or any of the minorities, have apparently had to live through, but that does not excuse the rioting, stealing and burning of businesses that went on. And it happens every time something like this happens. Why???  It changes nothing!

 

When will the violence end? Look at all the violence that erupted after this happened. Inexcusable!  Everybody needs to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.  Rioting,stealing and burning sure isn't being part of the solution.  


 

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
Bronze Conversationalist


@sunluvngal wrote:
Moscow45 wrote:

Another racist cop kills a black man. When will the violence end?

 

We have so many racists in this country. Muslims are viewed as terrorists. Asian Americans are attacked for simply being... Asian. Black men continue to be hunted down by the police.

 

Yet, it is White MAGA supporters claiming to be victims? You would be surprised how many white people in this country believe they have been victims of racism. They are the ones bringing AR15's to protest and claim they are having their civil liberties and rights trampled on.

 

Talk about a bunch of pansies.

 

@AristotleOfGreece   So is this post about black men being treated like wild animals or just another post against President Trump and his supporters?  What does "white MAGA supporters claiming to be victims" have to do with what happened to this person.  I am a Trump supporter, but i and a whole lot of other Trump supporters  sure do not support this type of treatment to anybody!  Black lives are not the only lives that matter.

 

I happen to believe that blacks are just as prejudiced, if not more so, than anybody.  Look at the rioters in Minnesota driving around saying KILL WHITES!    I hate what the blacks, or any of the minorities, have apparently had to live through, but that does not excuse the rioting, stealing and burning of businesses that went on. And it happens every time something like this happens. Why???  It changes nothing!

 

When will the violence end? Look at all the violence that erupted after this happened. Inexcusable!  Everybody needs to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.  Rioting,stealing and burning sure isn't being part of the solution.  


The racists pig need to pay. I am tired of whites looking out for other racist white cops. 


 

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
Regular Social Butterfly


@AristotleOfGreece wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:
Moscow45 wrote:

Another racist cop kills a black man. When will the violence end?

 

We have so many racists in this country. Muslims are viewed as terrorists. Asian Americans are attacked for simply being... Asian. Black men continue to be hunted down by the police.

 

Yet, it is White MAGA supporters claiming to be victims? You would be surprised how many white people in this country believe they have been victims of racism. They are the ones bringing AR15's to protest and claim they are having their civil liberties and rights trampled on.

 

Talk about a bunch of pansies.

 

@AristotleOfGreece   So is this post about black men being treated like wild animals or just another post against President Trump and his supporters?  What does "white MAGA supporters claiming to be victims" have to do with what happened to this person.  I am a Trump supporter, but i and a whole lot of other Trump supporters  sure do not support this type of treatment to anybody!  Black lives are not the only lives that matter.

 

I happen to believe that blacks are just as prejudiced, if not more so, than anybody.  Look at the rioters in Minnesota driving around saying KILL WHITES!    I hate what the blacks, or any of the minorities, have apparently had to live through, but that does not excuse the rioting, stealing and burning of businesses that went on. And it happens every time something like this happens. Why???  It changes nothing!

 

When will the violence end? Look at all the violence that erupted after this happened. Inexcusable!  Everybody needs to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.  Rioting,stealing and burning sure isn't being part of the solution.  


Moscow45 wrote: 

The racists pig need to pay. I am tired of whites looking out for other racist white cops. 

 

@AristotleOfGreece    And i'm tired of ya'll calling this nations police force "racists pigs"!! One bad cop or person does not equal the whole police force or the entire white people being racist!  It isn't a matter of "whites looking out for other racist white cops",  it's a matter  of decent people addressing the facts and not using yet another death to create hate and discontent!  It seems that YOU may be more racist than the people you accuse of being racist.  But that is typical of what goes on in this country.  i.e. The pot calling the kettle black.


 


 

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
482 Views
1
Report
Bronze Conversationalist


@sunluvngal wrote:

@AristotleOfGreece wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:
Moscow45 wrote:

Another racist cop kills a black man. When will the violence end?

 

We have so many racists in this country. Muslims are viewed as terrorists. Asian Americans are attacked for simply being... Asian. Black men continue to be hunted down by the police.

 

Yet, it is White MAGA supporters claiming to be victims? You would be surprised how many white people in this country believe they have been victims of racism. They are the ones bringing AR15's to protest and claim they are having their civil liberties and rights trampled on.

 

Talk about a bunch of pansies.

 

@AristotleOfGreece   So is this post about black men being treated like wild animals or just another post against President Trump and his supporters?  What does "white MAGA supporters claiming to be victims" have to do with what happened to this person.  I am a Trump supporter, but i and a whole lot of other Trump supporters  sure do not support this type of treatment to anybody!  Black lives are not the only lives that matter.

 

I happen to believe that blacks are just as prejudiced, if not more so, than anybody.  Look at the rioters in Minnesota driving around saying KILL WHITES!    I hate what the blacks, or any of the minorities, have apparently had to live through, but that does not excuse the rioting, stealing and burning of businesses that went on. And it happens every time something like this happens. Why???  It changes nothing!

 

When will the violence end? Look at all the violence that erupted after this happened. Inexcusable!  Everybody needs to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.  Rioting,stealing and burning sure isn't being part of the solution.  


Moscow45 wrote: 

The racists pig need to pay. I am tired of whites looking out for other racist white cops. 

 

@AristotleOfGreece    And i'm tired of ya'll calling this nations police force "racists pigs"!! One bad cop or person does not equal the whole police force or the entire white people being racist!  It isn't a matter of "whites looking out for other racist white cops",  it's a matter  of decent people addressing the facts and not using yet another death to create hate and discontent!  It seems that YOU may be more racist than the people you accuse of being racist.  But that is typical of what goes on in this country.  i.e. The pot calling the kettle black.


 


RIP George Floyd. The protest erupting because of the murder of George Floyd is great news because it gives a voice for people that usually feel marginalized, to let their voices be heard!

I am shocked at all supporters of Derek Chauvin, well I guess I am not that surprised. The supporters are racists and lack regard for human empathy. Derk Chauvin not only murdered Floyd, but he also did it with malice and evil intent. He is no different than a child rapist.

What Chauvin committed was an abhorrent crime. We are witnessing two main things IMO:

1. The public has an insatiable appetite to see justice served

2. How society processes shocking news stories. People are hurt, sad, angry, devastated all at the same time.

And if you are blaming the protesters, buy a **bleep** clue! If you are not angry about this murder, you do not understand real life in America.


“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
Honored Social Butterfly


@sunluvngal wrote:
  I hate what the blacks, or any of the minorities, have apparently had to live through, but that does not excuse the rioting, stealing and burning of businesses that went on. And it happens every time something like this happens. Why???  It changes nothing!

 

When will the violence end? Look at all the violence that erupted after this happened. Inexcusable!  Everybody needs to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.  Rioting,stealing and burning sure isn't being part of the solution.  


 


The picture in the highly circulated news article showed a white protester running out of the police precinct that was set on fire. It's not just Blacks protesting in violent ways, many white people are participating in it too, so why did you say "blacks and minorities"?  And no, violence doesn't happen "every time something like this happens", so why do you say that?

 

If "rioting and stealing isn't part of the solution" then why did those things have to happen to bring the Civil Rights Act into existence and get it passed into law?  Why did it take violence and an actual war to end slavery?  Why did it take violence to get women the right to vote? Why did it take violence and even deaths to give people the right to form unions and collectively bargain with their employers? Unfortunately, violence is sometimes the only thing that people will listen to to bring about necessary changes. Violent and inexcusable killings of blacks, disproportionate charges, and disproportionate sentences against them by our police forces and justice system needs to stop. Systematic racism in our police forces and justice system need to be addressed, it's a shame that most likely it will take violence to bring it about. 

 

I thought tRump was supposed to "make America great again"? Violence and racism has disproportionately increased under his watch, a simple and undeniable fact.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Regular Social Butterfly

         
        sunluver1943 wrote:
  I hate what the blacks, or any of the minorities, have apparently had to live through, but that does not excuse the rioting, stealing and burning of businesses that went on. And it happens every time something like this happens. Why???  It changes nothing!

 

When will the violence end? Look at all the violence that erupted after this happened. Inexcusable!  Everybody needs to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.  Rioting,stealing and burning sure isn't being part of the solution.  


 

 ChasKy53 wrote:


The picture in the highly circulated news article showed a white protester running out of the police precinct that was set on fire. It's not just Blacks protesting in violent ways, many white people are participating in it too, so why did you say "blacks and minorities"?

@ChasKy53 

Geez, do you actually read what is written before you respond?  THIS is what i actually said:  I hate what the blacks, or any of the minorities, have apparently had to live through,

 

I know there were white people involved in the disgusting destruction and the insanity that's been going on.  I said nothing about there being NO WHITES or that there was JUST BLACKS AND MINORITIES involved.  Ya'll are just in attack mode about anything and everything.  But PLEASE deal with the facts when you're quoting or accusing me of something. 

 

FYI:  I, as always, responded to the part i wanted to.  I'd be on here for weeks responding to every rediculous accusation that people throw out there, otherwise. 😚

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
424 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Moscow45 posted..

Yet, it is White MAGA supporters claiming to be victims? You would be surprised how many white people in this country believe they have been victims of racism. They are the ones bringing AR15's to protest and claim they are having their civil liberties and rights trampled on.

=================================================

"Yet, it is White MAGA supporters claiming to be victims?" Yes, many wearing a MAGA caps have been discriminated ....I have seen it many times in media coverage. Thanks for bringing that fact up.

Honored Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:
Moscow45 posted..

Yet, it is White MAGA supporters claiming to be victims? You would be surprised how many white people in this country believe they have been victims of racism. They are the ones bringing AR15's to protest and claim they are having their civil liberties and rights trampled on.

=================================================

"Yet, it is White MAGA supporters claiming to be victims?" Yes, many wearing a MAGA caps have been discriminated ....I have seen it many times in media coverage. Thanks for bringing that fact up.


ROFLMAO !!!!!!   Make America Gullible Again !!!!!


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Black men in this country treated like wild animals

==================================================
I say that only is not true but making such a statement as a fact is uncalled for.
Honored Social Butterfly


@AristotleOfGreece wrote:

Another racist cop kills a black man. When will the violence end?

 

We have so many racists in this country. Muslims are viewed as terrorists. Asian Americans are attacked for simply being... Asian. Black men continue to be hunted down by the police.

 

Yet, it is White MAGA supporters claiming to be victims? You would be surprised how many white people in this country believe they have been victims of racism. They are the ones bringing AR15's to protest and claim they are having their civil liberties and rights trampled on.

 

Talk about a bunch of pansies.


Yes, so let's do something about it.   Be anti-racist instead of just "not racist."   It is different and it matters.   Action vs. inaction.  

 

https://www.ibramxkendi.com/how-to-be-an-antiracist-1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png