Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Black-clad antifa members attack

Message 11 of 145

@alferdpacker wrote:

Nixon's "southern strategy" made use of the southern backlash and deep white racist resentment against the Democratic Party and Lyndon Johnson for the signing of the Civi Rights Laws in the middle sixties.

Racism was a significant factor in millions of southern racists voting republican and getting Nixon elected.

Racism of a different sort was a significant factor in getting stupid people to vote for trump.

I dunno - that seems more like an opinion than a bulletin.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 145

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
Politico has a good story on the ANTIFA today as applies to domestic terrorism, the FBI and Homeland Security. It also notes some are joining the ANTIFA in turkey fighting ISIS. WOnder if the alt right is doing this?

You are asking the question on the WRONG forum.  I rather doubt that there is any support for "Alt Right" here or most anywhere.  You are talking about a small fraction of the nutty population as is Antifa.

But there are one or two here that fervently support and defend the Alt-Right KKK Neo-Nazis.

The one or two must be of the left persuasion since NONE on the right support any hate groups.  Remember, you guys started the KKK or did you forget?  You can call them Alt-right but they are most definitly leftists.

You are correct no one on the far right supports hate groups, you are part of the hate groups. The dems got rid of them, and they took you over. I covered this in detail in other posts.

You appear to be quite confused. If you do some checking (which you haven't), you would find out that the left is responsible for starting the KKK and the left has many fragmented hate groups including Antifa.  I covered that in detail in prior posts which you failed to comprehend. If you are part of the left, then you COULD be in one of those despised hate groups like the KKK or Antifa.  I hope I cleared that up for you.

Everything I posted is true fact including who started the KKK and where they went. If one would read a post before giving the standard reply given to them by FOX News or their local leader they would know that. As usual nothing new here just typical right wing answers.

History seems to disagree with your poor recollection of history.

Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and black Republican leaders. Though Congress passed legislation designed to curb Klan terrorism, the organization saw its primary goal–the reestablishment of white supremacy–fulfilled through Democratic victories in state legislatures across the South in the 1870s. After a period of decline, white Protestant nativist groups revived the Klan in the early 20th century, burning crosses and staging rallies, parades and marches denouncing immigrants, Catholics, Jews, blacks and organized labor. The civil rights movement of the 1960s also saw a surge of Ku Klux Klan activity, including bombings of black schools and churches and violence against black and white activists in the South.

For the first time, the Ku Klux Klan Act designated certain crimes committed by individuals as federal offenses, including conspiracies to deprive citizens of the right to hold office, serve on juries and enjoy the equal protection of the law. The act authorized the president to suspend the writ of habeas corpus and arrest accused individuals without charge, and to send federal forces to suppress Klan violence. This expansion of federal authority–which Ulysses S. Grant promptly used in 1871 to crush Klan activity in South Carolina and other areas of the South–outraged Democrats and even alarmed many Republicans. From the early 1870s onward, white supremacy gradually reasserted its hold on the South as support for Reconstruction waned; by the end of 1876, the entire South was under Democratic control once again.

http://www.history.com/topics/ku-klux-klan

Yep - that's pretty much how pre 1900, and early 1900s history was...

In the former confederate states, that pretty much continued up through the Jim Crow years.

However, when Supreme Court decisions started changing the racial/political landscape immeasdiately after WW2 - with decisions such as Morgan v Virginia, Shelly v Kramer, Sweatt v Painter, McLauren v Oklahoma State Regents, and finally culminating in the Brown v Board of Education series of decisions which effectively invalidated and overturned Plessy v Ferguson - and when Eisenhower used Federal Troops to support the lawful enrolment of black students at "Ol Miss", until a few years later when President Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Laws into effect...

As has been verified earlier - that's when the republican party started becopmomg a new home for racists and bigots - and has remained so the last 49 years...

The late sixties was the point at which Nixon's "southern strategy" got all those racists, bigots and others who disagreed with the Civil Rights Laws to vote for the crook Nixon.

The Republican party has been the party where all those un-Americans - currently known as "Alt-Right/KKK racists, white supremacists and Nazis", have found a place of refuge and welcome ever sinceshortly before the 1968 election...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 145

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
Politico has a good story on the ANTIFA today as applies to domestic terrorism, the FBI and Homeland Security. It also notes some are joining the ANTIFA in turkey fighting ISIS. WOnder if the alt right is doing this?

You are asking the question on the WRONG forum.  I rather doubt that there is any support for "Alt Right" here or most anywhere.  You are talking about a small fraction of the nutty population as is Antifa.

But there are one or two here that fervently support and defend the Alt-Right KKK Neo-Nazis.

The one or two must be of the left persuasion since NONE on the right support any hate groups.  Remember, you guys started the KKK or did you forget?  You can call them Alt-right but they are most definitly leftists.

You are correct no one on the far right supports hate groups, you are part of the hate groups. The dems got rid of them, and they took you over. I covered this in detail in other posts.

You appear to be quite confused. If you do some checking (which you haven't), you would find out that the left is responsible for starting the KKK and the left has many fragmented hate groups including Antifa.  I covered that in detail in prior posts which you failed to comprehend. If you are part of the left, then you COULD be in one of those despised hate groups like the KKK or Antifa.  I hope I cleared that up for you.

Everything I posted is true fact including who started the KKK and where they went. If one would read a post before giving the standard reply given to them by FOX News or their local leader they would know that. As usual nothing new here just typical right wing answers.

History seems to disagree with your poor recollection of history.

Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and black Republican leaders. Though Congress passed legislation designed to curb Klan terrorism, the organization saw its primary goal–the reestablishment of white supremacy–fulfilled through Democratic victories in state legislatures across the South in the 1870s. After a period of decline, white Protestant nativist groups revived the Klan in the early 20th century, burning crosses and staging rallies, parades and marches denouncing immigrants, Catholics, Jews, blacks and organized labor. The civil rights movement of the 1960s also saw a surge of Ku Klux Klan activity, including bombings of black schools and churches and violence against black and white activists in the South.

For the first time, the Ku Klux Klan Act designated certain crimes committed by individuals as federal offenses, including conspiracies to deprive citizens of the right to hold office, serve on juries and enjoy the equal protection of the law. The act authorized the president to suspend the writ of habeas corpus and arrest accused individuals without charge, and to send federal forces to suppress Klan violence. This expansion of federal authority–which Ulysses S. Grant promptly used in 1871 to crush Klan activity in South Carolina and other areas of the South–outraged Democrats and even alarmed many Republicans. From the early 1870s onward, white supremacy gradually reasserted its hold on the South as support for Reconstruction waned; by the end of 1876, the entire South was under Democratic control once again.

http://www.history.com/topics/ku-klux-klan

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 145

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Name the two who are "of the left persuasion" that support and defend the KKK, that is if you can. But we both know you can't, isn't that right?

"You guys" started the KKK?  You obviously struggle with knowing history or else you are trying to change it. Some southern 'Dixiecrats' were involved with the KKK. You forget to mention that all of those 'Dixiecrats' defected to the Republican Party after the Civil Rights Act was passed.

The Alt-Right is of today, not back then. If you disagree please show something from back then that was labeled 'Alt-Right'.

Nixon's "southern strategy" made use of the southern backlash and deep white racist resentment against the Democratic Party and Lyndon Johnson for the signing of the Civi Rights Laws in the middle sixties.

Racism was a significant factor in millions of southern racists voting republican and getting Nixon elected.

Racism of a different sort was a significant factor in getting stupid people to vote for trump.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 145

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Name the two who are "of the left persuasion" that support and defend the KKK, that is if you can. But we both know you can't, isn't that right?

"You guys" started the KKK?  You obviously struggle with knowing history or else you are trying to change it. Some southern 'Dixiecrats' were involved with the KKK. You forget to mention that all of those 'Dixiecrats' defected to the Republican Party after the Civil Rights Act was passed.

The Alt-Right is of today, not back then. If you disagree please show something from back then that was labeled 'Alt-Right'.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 145

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 145

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It is amazing - 8 years of Obama and no one gave a rat's patoot what the USC Trojans called their horse nor if some Asian dude named Lee did a football broadcast. Now, 7 months into Trump's Presidency and all these things become incredibly important.

I am tempted to say LOL or LMAO or Bwahahahah - but that would be too childish.

not the topic.

You apparently missed the post I was responding to - 

Were the statues and memorials you mention erected by and with the wholehearted approval of Jim Crow racists exclusively during the Jim Crow Era?

Any further thoughts on my being off topic?

No?

History doesn't record it being that way.

The vast majority of American Citizens don't see it that way either...

Thank you for your comments, MIseker's spokesperson.

Glad you notice some of us seem to speak for each other. The UNITE rally did, actually, unite some of us. Solidarity Forever.

Many of us progressives, liberals, and all tend to hold similar beliefs/opinions, and speak for each other whenever we feel the need.

That Solidarity stuff beats the hell out of that half-hearted right wing cabal of crooks and criminals...

Contrast that with some of the people who have recently separated from the trump abomination who have been taking cheap shots at him both before and after the "separation"...

There is no honor among thieves, republicans, conservatives, racists, bigots and assorted perverts - you know - those comprising the political right...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 145

@rk9152 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It is amazing - 8 years of Obama and no one gave a rat's patoot what the USC Trojans called their horse nor if some Asian dude named Lee did a football broadcast. Now, 7 months into Trump's Presidency and all these things become incredibly important.

I am tempted to say LOL or LMAO or Bwahahahah - but that would be too childish.

not the topic.

You apparently missed the post I was responding to - 

Were the statues and memorials you mention erected by and with the wholehearted approval of Jim Crow racists exclusively during the Jim Crow Era?

Any further thoughts on my being off topic?

No?

History doesn't record it being that way.

The vast majority of American Citizens don't see it that way either...

Thank you for your comments, MIseker's spokesperson.

Glad you notice some of us seem to speak for each other. The UNITE rally did, actually, unite some of us. Solidarity Forever.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 145

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

So - now if you proceed reveal the locations of all of the WMDs - and reveal the site of the mass burial of the "Bowling Green Massacre" - your posts will be considered factual and accurate...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 145

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors