Honored Social Butterfly

Black Voter Approval for Trump Has Surged to Over 40 Percent

Rasmussen: Black Voter Approval for Trump Has Surged to Over 40 Percent

Despite the left’s recent efforts to paint Trump as a racist and blame him for police brutality and the riots, Rasmussen Reports says that approval for President Trump amongst likely black voters is now over 40 percent.

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 6.58.02 AM.png

Trump received 8 percent of the African American vote in 2016. In August 2019, black voter approval for Trump stood at 26 percent.

I am admittedly skeptical of Rasmussens 40 percent approval number, nevertheless, the increase of 14 points from a year ago suggests that Trump’s support from within the black community is increasing, despite the best efforts of the Democrats and the media to paint him as a racist. With the economy starting to recover, that approval is bound to increase.

VIMTSTL
Social Butterfly

Tom5678 wrote:
I hear you Ceetee!!! They HATED Obama because he was black, yet are jumping up and down that supposedly black voter approval for Trump is "surging." Too funny.

sunluver1943 wrote:

President Trump despite what ya'll say, really is a PROMISES MADE, PROMISES KEPT kind of President and THAT is why i will vote for him in 2020.  NOT because of the color of his skin!

myexper wrote:  (in blue)                 sunluver1943 wrote:  (in green)

Promises made promises kept?  Like; Mexico will pay for the wall  He wasn't a politician, (hopefully still not) and he didn't realize the battle he was going to have against the crazies.  What is important (to me) is, that it's getting built, like he promised.

He will remove and replace Obamacare in 2 hours  Again, he didn't realize the swamp he had to deal with in getting things done.  It has been made better, the best is still to come...

He will make coal come back and be the dominant fuel for the future   Don't remember the "facts" on this one.

He will not make any cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid and then created back to back budgets with massive cuts to all 3 programs  Wow, really?  I've not experienced the cutbacks.

So, what promises did Trump keep????  Promises kept (and more) See the following link:

https://thewashingtonsentinel.com/list-donald-trumps-319-kept-promises-and-successes/

This was posted in January of 2020, i believe.  There will be more to come...

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

Tom5678 wrote:
I hear you Ceetee!!! They HATED Obama because he was black, yet are jumping up and down that supposedly black voter approval for Trump is "surging." Too funny.

sunluver1943 wrote:

President Trump despite what ya'll say, really is a PROMISES MADE, PROMISES KEPT kind of President and THAT is why i will vote for him in 2020.  NOT because of the color of his skin!

myexper wrote:  (in blue)                 sunluver1943 wrote:  (in green)

Promises made promises kept?  Like; Mexico will pay for the wall  He wasn't a politician, (hopefully still not) and he didn't realize the battle he was going to have against the crazies.  What is important (to me) is, that it's getting built, like he promised.

An excuse for Trump's inability to get Mexico to pay for the wall .... Nothing to do with any "crazies".

And as the wall is being paid for by American taxpayers and can be scaled in less than 90 seconds (cut through in 4 minutes) the wall is NOT getting built "like he promised"!!!

He will remove and replace Obamacare in 2 hours  Again, he didn't realize the swamp he had to deal with in getting things done. 

Promises made ... promises excused!

It has been made better, the best is still to come...

Attempting to eliminate Obamacare with nothing to replace it hardly "made it better"!!!

He will make coal come back and be the dominant fuel for the future   Don't remember the "facts" on this one.

Another excuse!

He will not make any cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid and then created back to back budgets with massive cuts to all 3 programs  Wow, really?  I've not experienced the cutbacks.

Because Democrats were able to stop Trump's cuts!

So, what promises did Trump keep????  Promises kept (and more) See the following link:

https://thewashingtonsentinel.com/list-donald-trumps-319-kept-promises-and-successes/

A list created by Trump ...

His alternative facts "Sharpie" must have been worn out praising himself!!!

This was posted in January of 2020, i believe. 

A list created by Trump!

There will be more to come...

So we all need to get a bigger shovel!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

This was posted in January of 2020, i believe.  There will be more to come...

The byline in the Washington Sentinel article reads:

To close out 2019, President Donald Trump has released his list of the 319 kept promises and successes of his presidency thus far.

So let me get this straight, it's his own list that IMPOTUS released, right? 

Yeah, that's when you lost me.

A clearer picture might be found here at Politifact's Trump-O-Meter: Tracking President Donald Trump's campaign promises

Honored Social Butterfly

MsStretch wrote:

The byline in the Washington Sentinel article reads:

To close out 2019, President Donald Trump has released his list of the 319 kept promises and successes of his presidency thus far.

So let me get this straight, it's his own list that IMPOTUS released, right? 

myexper reply:

Yup .... kinda like when Trump had his minions nominate him for the Nobel Peace Prize!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Social Butterfly

MsStretch wrote:  The byline in the Washington Sentinel article reads:

To close out 2019, President Donald Trump has released his list of the 319 kept promises and successes of his presidency thus far.

So let me get this straight, it's his own list that IMPOTUS released, right? 

Yeah, that's when you lost me. 🤣  🤣   🤣 <<<<<<sunluver1943 response

Trump 2020!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Sunluver said: President Trump despite what ya'll say, really is a PROMISES MADE, PROMISES KEPT kind of President and THAT is why i will vote for him in 2020.  NOT because of the color of his skin!

You mean like the promise to make life better for blacks in America? Oh yeah........THAT is why, counter to the propaganda in the story, he has lost more ground with blacks , independents, and older Americans.  Gotta love how he is leaning in to Biden's left hook though. 

https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-approval-rating-has-declined-most-independents-older-americans-black... 

Social Butterfly

Richva wrote:

Sunluver said: President Trump despite what ya'll say, really is a PROMISES MADE, PROMISES KEPT kind of President and THAT is why i will vote for him in 2020.  NOT because of the color of his skin!

Richva wrote:  You mean like the promise to make life better for blacks in America? Oh yeah........THAT is why, counter to the propaganda in the story, he has lost more ground with blacks , independents, and older Americans.  Gotta love how he is leaning in to Biden's left hook though. 

https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-approval-rating-has-declined-most-independents-older-americans-black... 

Richva wrote:  You mean like the promise to make life better for blacks in America?

@Richva   I mean exactly what i said Rich, President Trump is a PROMISES MADE, PROMISES KEPT kind of President...despite what ya'll say. And that is why i will vote for him in 2020.  NOT because of the color of his skin!

Trump 2020!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Sunluver said:  I mean exactly what i said Rich, President Trump is a PROMISES MADE, PROMISES KEPT kind of President...despite what ya'll say. And that is why i will vote for him in 2020.  NOT because of the color of his skin!

Statistically, he has kept 18% of his campaign promises. The rest he has abandoned or are hung up in the courts.

• He did promise to have millions of covid 19 tests and nothing.
  • He promised drive through testing at Walmart etc. Missed that one too.
  • He promised to make Iran come to the negotiating table. Nope, just gave them back the atomic bomb.
  • He promised to get N. Korea to give up its nukes. Nope, just got embarrassed when they sent him home early.
  • He promised to fix the health care system and all he did was try to get rid of Obamacare (failed at that too)
  • He promised no one would gain from his tax plan as much as lower and middle income Americans. Nope failed that one
  • The Trump administration has targeted Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid after promising never to touch them
  • Trump promised to “rebuild our roads, bridges, tunnels, highways, airports, schools, and hospitals.”
  • After famously promising to “drain the swamp,” Trump brought in “staggering” numbers of corporate lobbyists and tapped them to oversee the very industries from which they came.
    Everything Trump touches, Fails!!!
Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

Sunluver said:  I mean exactly what i said Rich, President Trump is a PROMISES MADE, PROMISES KEPT kind of President...despite what ya'll say. And that is why i will vote for him in 2020.  NOT because of the color of his skin!

Richva wrote:  Statistically, he has kept 18% of his campaign promises. The rest he has abandoned or are hung up in the courts.

• He promised to make Iran come to the negotiating table. Nope, just gave them back the atomic bomb.
  • He promised to get N. Korea to give up its nukes. Nope, just got embarrassed when they sent him home early.
  • He promised to fix the health care system and all he did was try to get rid of Obamacare (failed at that too)
  • He promised no one would gain from his tax plan as much as lower and middle income Americans. Nope failed that one
  • The Trump administration has targeted Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid after promising never to touch them
  • Trump promised to “rebuild our roads, bridges, tunnels, highways, airports, schools, and hospitals.”
  • After famously promising to “drain the swamp,” Trump brought in “staggering” numbers of corporate lobbyists and tapped them to oversee the very industries from which they came.

THAT is YOUR story...  Unbelievable, except of course, to the Trump Haters.

Trump 2020!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Sunluver said: 

Richva wrote:  Statistically, he has kept 18% of his campaign promises. The rest he has abandoned or are hung up in the courts.

THAT is YOUR story...  Unbelievable, except of course, to the Trump Haters.

Oh.......are we being mean to your precious little snowflake by actually comparing what he said he would do with what he actually delivered?  

Honored Social Butterfly

Richva posted-Everything Trump touches, Fails!!!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Nope -They predicted 8 million job loss in May. Instead 2 million job gain . Sorry Dems .Thanks Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

America will be great once again when Trump is no longer President.
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

Rasmussen: Black Voter Approval for Trump Has Surged to Over 40 Percent

Here we go again, folks.

A little research on the author of @jimc91's post and what comes up?????

Surprise, surprise....... yet another FRINGE MEDIA OUTLET!!!!!

PJ MEDIA

Yes, the same PJ MEDIA that had a culture where a Jewish woman executive was called a JEWISH AMERICAN PRINCESS during a business discussion

Yes, the same PJ MEDIA that disseminated false stories about GOOGLE, about MUSLIMS, about CONGRESSWOMAN OMAR, and about the H1B1 VIRUS OF 2009 AND PRESIDENT OBAMA.

Yes folks, just a little research and once again, one of those FRINGE OUTLETS comes up again, be it PJ MEDIA, THE DAILY CALLER, or THE WASHINGTON TIMES.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91    I truly believe that this was a wishful dream of a  goal that has not been accomplished. so my comment is.

goodlol.jpg

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

I am admittedly skeptical of Rasmussens 40 percent approval number

This sentence says it all about Rasmussens. one of the most unreliable polls in existence, one can be certain that the results are disgustingly tilted. Nothing here to see.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Black Voices for Trump coalition praises President Trump's support for African Americans

Online video lauds Trump's 'inclusive economy', criminal justice reform

BY:  Jennifer Harper

A tweet from a state legislator in Georgia — an African American and a Democrat — asked a stark question on Friday following breaking news that U.S. employment had improved by record-breaking numbers despite coronavirus-related lockdowns of businesses and consumers.

“Why has my party become so anti-Trump [that] they’ve become pro-nothing? Why are they so actively rooting for America’s failure? Our unemployment rate is on the decline. This is something to celebrate, not diminish. Thank you @realDonaldTrump,” wrote Vernon Jones, referring to President Trump’s Twitter handle.

It follows a previous tweet from the lawmaker which had an additional message.

“I’m a Georgia state representative and lifelong Democrat. But in this election, I’ll be casting my vote for @realDonaldTrump. I didn’t leave the Democratic Party. The Party left me,” Mr. Jones wrote in April.

On Friday, he was part of an hour-long discussion on emerging trends organized by Black Voices for Trump, a coalition within Mr. Trump’s re-election campaign. Mr. Jones was joined in the online video by Paris Dennard, an adviser to the coalition, and Katrina Pierson, a senior adviser to the campaign.

“President Donald J. Trump has a solid record of accomplishments in the black community. His leadership and successful legislative agenda has done more to improve black lives and their communities than any other president since the Civil Rights and Voters Rights Act,” Mr. Jones said during the discussion, which can be viewed here.

He also weighed in on Mr. Trump’s presumptive nominee in the White House race.

“For 49 years, Joe Biden has been hiding in his basement, quarantined from blacks and the black agenda. Now he emerges with a mask on, wanting black votes. He hasn’t earned nor does he deserve the black vote,” Mr. Jones noted.

“President Trump has rapidly enacted criminal justice reform, increased funding for historically black colleges and universities, and delivered record economic growth for African Americans. Black voters are beginning to realize that the Democrat Party has never prioritized their interests, and I am confident that there will be historic African American support for President Trump in November,” Ms. Pierson said.

“For every black small business owner in America, help is coming — help is actually here,” Mr. Dennard said, noting that Mr. Trump’s policies had created an “inclusive” economy.

Other analysts are monitoring the complex developments.

Politico published a report on Friday titled “How young black voters could break Biden — and why Democrats are worried,” which cited surveys that suggested voting trends within the demographic remain fluid.

“Democrats have urged African Americans to channel their frustrations into voting. But for younger black voters, many of whom are protesting in dozens of American cities, that requires trust in a system that they believe has done little for them or their families. Joe Biden is struggling to connect with young voters, particularly those of color, according to public and private polling — a serious problem for the former vice president that started during the presidential primary,” wrote Elena Schneider and Laura Baron-Lopez, both political reporters for the news organization.

The voters appear undecided.

“They don’t want Trump to win, but the question is: Can you convince them that they want Biden to win? That difference — between not wanting Trump and wanting Biden — that’s the difference we’re seeking for turning out thousands of votes in states like Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin,” Democratic pollster Josh Ulibarri told Politico.

VIMTSTL
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png