Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Billions in pipeline projects stalled

Thirteen billion dollars and 23,000 in construction jobs are held up because the administration has not submitted nominations to  fill vacancies at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. FERC oversees interstate pipelines, liquefied natural gas exports and wholesale electricity markets. It was crippled when the administration demoted the chair and he quit. Since July 1, four of the agency’s five seats have been vacant.  

 

It is not Trump's policies which hurt America, it is his continued inability to focus on daily tasks such as staffing. This administration's inability to manage, much less govern, is hurthing our nation. Incompetence is no way to MAGA. 

 

 

 

 

 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/05/trump-energy-commission-pipeline-projects-delayed-241347

Trusted Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

Thirteen billion dollars and 23,000 in construction jobs are held up because the administration has not submitted nominations to  fill vacancies at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. FERC oversees interstate pipelines, liquefied natural gas exports and wholesale electricity markets. It was crippled when the administration demoted the chair and he quit. Since July 1, four of the agency’s five seats have been vacant.  

 

It is not Trump's policies which hurt America, it is his continued inability to focus on daily tasks such as staffing. This administration's inability to manage, much less govern, is hurthing our nation. Incompetence is no way to MAGA. 

 

 

 

 

 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/05/trump-energy-commission-pipeline-projects-delayed-241347


I have to disagree with you on this one Rich.  The inability to govern IS a major problem of this administration and in normal circumstances that sort of thing does hurt our Nation..... presuming the 'governing' we would in fact get is in fact beneficial.  That is not a valid presumption. 

 

Secondly, Trump's policies, or lack thereof, clearly harm the United States immeasurably.  That is an observable fact. I see no need to elaborate...I know you know that.  You just 'misspoke'.

 

When it comes to placing blame for damage to the United States, whatever the question, whatever the topic, the answer must inevitably be "All Of The Above".  

Honored Social Butterfly

 Remember Donnies promise that all pipelines in US will be made of US Steel?    Yet another lie!

 Those who stand to profit most are the same people who have already purchased the pipe....from manufacturer's outside the USA.  

 

DeSmog has uncovered that 40 percent of the steel created so far was manufactured in Canada by a subsidiaryof Evraz, a company 31-percent owned by Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich, who is a close ally of Putin and a Trump family friend. Evraz has also actively lobbied against provisions which would mandate that Keystone XL’s steel be made in the U.S.

 

But don't worry, Donald exempted both XL and NAPL - because....   (follow the money)

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

Pipelines are great when built and operated safely, but that's never been the case in the USA. All those rivers where the fish don't go would've been fine IF the Government had required double-wall construction for lines passing under bodies of water, but that costs money, Republicans love money, so instead of making the pipeline compnay spend the money "up front" to avoid disaster, Republicans pass laws that provide Government funds to pretend to clean up the mess AFTER the disaster.

 

Seems the UK and the EU have decided that come 2040, there will be no "fossil-fuel" vehicles on their roads, which has spurred automakers to greater effort in developing electric cars. Here we have Republicans, so instead we have the GOPers in and out of Congress moaning over why the pipelines are stalled.

 

Folks, we INVENTED the modern electric car, and with just a little Government support we can have affordable ECs with plentiful recharging stations in a couple years, and all our Semi's could be running on NG in no more than 5 years. But EXXON doesn't want that, so GOPers will make sure we don't get it.

Honored Social Butterfly

GOPers will make sure we don't get it.

 

Americans will get electric cars and trucks, even if that have to buy electric cars and trucks made in other countries. Like Americans buy solar panels made in other countries now.

 

Unless of course Trump and the GOP builds a wall around the US to keep them out and or kills solar power/electric cars in the US, I don't put that past them, but I don't think the American people will stand for it.

0 Kudos
359 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Who needs stinking drinking water - hydrofrack baby , hydrofrack !!! Thank God , my Governor in NY has common sense to ban such reckless behavior !!! We respect our farms , our spring  & drinking water , vineyards , lakes , etc......... Sorry Big Oil & Gas beat it !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

84 posted...

Who needs stinking drinking water - hydrofrack baby , hydrofrack !!! Thank God , my Governor in NY has common sense to ban such reckless behavior !!! We respect our farms , our spring & drinking water , vineyards , lakes , etc......... Sorry Big Oil & Gas beat it !!!

============================================

I am glad that we have laws that keep us safe.

I also am glad that I have natural gas to heat my home...it comes through pipe lines.

Some are against progress...like new highways, airports. etc. which one could say we do not need because they increase pollution.
0 Kudos
308 Views
8
Report
Recognized Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:
84 posted...

Who needs stinking drinking water - hydrofrack baby , hydrofrack !!! Thank God , my Governor in NY has common sense to ban such reckless behavior !!! We respect our farms , our spring & drinking water , vineyards , lakes , etc......... Sorry Big Oil & Gas beat it !!!

============================================

I am glad that we have laws that keep us safe.

I also am glad that I have natural gas to heat my home...it comes through pipe lines.

Some are against progress...like new highways, airports. etc. which one could say we do not need because they increase pollution.

Only if onlyTrump would follow those laws.  Lucky for us those laws were in place before Trump became President.

You didn't mention coal?  Giving up on coal since Montana coal miners are becoming wind turbine specialist?  Wyoming quitting the coal business.  Soon you won't need pipes to heat your home.

You won't need gas for cars either.  And it will be clean.  That is what I call Progress. 

Almost forgot your President is on  a 17 day vacation.  I thought he was on vacation since he was elected?  Because he didn't do anything.   Obamacare is  still there, no wall, North Korea still a threat.  He's been on vacation, he's only letting you know now.

Honored Social Butterfly

Billions in pipeline projects stalled

When that happened under the Obama administration many on this board thought it was a good thing.
0 Kudos
311 Views
6
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:
Billions in pipeline projects stalled

When that happened under the Obama administration many on this board thought it was a good thing.

Only the Keystone Pipeline. The Obama administration fully staffed the boards and positions necessary to keep jobs going.  The current administration cannot find people and won't hire them until Trump personally approves. A huge bottleneck. 

 

I would point out that the Keystone pipeline will probably never be built because of economic reasons.  Looks like the "left" was right. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Rich posted..

I would point out that the Keystone pipeline will probably never be built because of economic reasons. Looks like the "left" was right.

==================================================

You say the left was right. Your opinion....and the XL is being built and it will save us all money.
Honored Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:
Rich posted..

I would point out that the Keystone pipeline will probably never be built because of economic reasons. Looks like the "left" was right.

==================================================

You say the left was right. Your opinion....and the XL is being built and it will save us all money.

So, can you show any kind of documentation that it will "save us money"?  Of course you can't, because it won't. I challenge you to prove differently, just once.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


Richva wrote: 

I would point out that the Keystone pipeline will probably never be built because of economic reasons.  Looks like the "left" was right. 


You pulled your money out of the market because of Trump (bad move) and now you will prove yourself wrong again when the Keystone gets completed.  Looks like the left likes being WRONG!

0 Kudos
395 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Richva wrote: 

I would point out that the Keystone pipeline will probably never be built because of economic reasons.  Looks like the "left" was right. 


You pulled your money out of the market because of Trump (bad move) and now you will prove yourself wrong again when the Keystone gets completed.  Looks like the left likes being WRONG!


I sure looked into pullng my money out of the market but my broker talked me out of it.  We are six months into the Trump presidency and he has pushed the market promising easy interest rates and some tax cuts. He could not focus on repealing Obamacare which would have freed up tax money to fund tax cuts. Now he has to repeal things everybody expects like the tax exemption on company health care (income) and the home mortgage deduction to fund tax cuts. Not going to happen with this administration. 

 

Just like staffing. He does not pay attention to the nuts and bolts. Then, he is enraged when the legislative car falls apart.

0 Kudos
351 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Y'all becoming charter members of the b***ch and moan club.

You hate the pipeline but bash the delay
you hate the wall but bash the delay
you hate everything and hate the delay

The pipeline will be completed.
the wall will be built
delays will continue so y'all have sumptin' to feed on.

You left out jobs, health care, taxes, immigration. Y'all are slippin'.


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
398 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Billions in pipeline projects stalled
---------------------------------------------------------------------

That is not good news but I bet all the posters that are against pipelines are happy.
Honored Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:
Billions in pipeline projects stalled
---------------------------------------------------------------------

That is not good news but I bet all the posters that are against pipelines are happy.

Sarcasm???  I don't support the pipeline and never will but I am not happy that we have an idiot President that is too incompetent to fill the necessary positions in different government agencies.

 

Are you happy that Trump is so incompetent that key positions don't get filled?

 

What a joke it is that people support such an incompetent jerk as president and won't even answer simple postings about it.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:
Billions in pipeline projects stalled
---------------------------------------------------------------------

That is not good news but I bet all the posters that are against pipelines are happy.

lol, this made me chuckle, because yes, it makes me happy.   They want to build a natural gas pipeline under the Potomac River, which is my drinking water.   

 

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Natural-Gas-Pipeline-Would-Run-Under-Potomac-River-CO-Canal-...

Honored Social Butterfly

Many leaders cannot handle these types of mundane tasks.  But they assign them to staff who can.   I've been wondering for awhile, now, why these things aren't getting done.  

 

It seems there is so much chaos in the White House that everyone is triaging each day's catastrophe, and nobody can catch a breath to even assess what is needed for the nuts and bolts of real governing.  

Honored Social Butterfly

NerdyMom:  Many leaders cannot handle these types of mundane tasks.  But they assign them to staff who can.   I've been wondering for awhile, now, why these things aren't getting done.  

 

 

The negligence may be intentional in implementing Bannon's deconstruction of the administrative state fetish. Just ignore it and let it fall apart through neglect. Not sure what he thinks the benefits will be when everything is dysfunctional.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

Thirteen billion dollars and 23,000 in construction jobs are held up because the administration has not submitted nominations to  fill vacancies at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. FERC oversees interstate pipelines, liquefied natural gas exports and wholesale electricity markets. It was crippled when the administration demoted the chair and he quit. Since July 1, four of the agency’s five seats have been vacant.  

 

It is not Trump's policies which hurt America, it is his continued inability to focus on daily tasks such as staffing. This administration's inability to manage, much less govern, is hurthing our nation. Incompetence is no way to MAGA. 

 

 

 

 

 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/05/trump-energy-commission-pipeline-projects-delayed-241347


What did you expect? The enfant terrible  Der Trumper FAILED to make money as "the house" in a huge casino, owes his fortune to defrauding his investors and shafting his suppliers and employees and could not even handle the actual duties of the post his classmates elected him to in Highschool. Just like Hitler, Lemontop perfers to stand before adoring throngs to actually performing the duties of his office, and like Wolfie before him, those throngs cheer even harder because of this.

 

So Hillary Haters, still think there's no difference?

Honored Social Butterfly

 

So Hillary Haters, still think there's no difference?

 

I watched Al Gore on television last night, and I couldn't help think how different, how much better off our country would have been if the SCOTUS had not appointed Bush as President in 2000.

 

I already feel that way about this election, we would have been so much better off with Clinton as President, love her, hate her, be indifferent about her, but she wasn't an incompetent **bleep** as Trump is.

0 Kudos
361 Views
0
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png