Bill Nye blames powerful hurricanes on climate change

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Bill Nye blames powerful hurricanes on climate change

Message 11 of 15

@jimc91 wrote:

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/09/10/bill-nye-blames-powerful-hurricanes-on-climate-change-then-a...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Bill Nye is too funny...

No. He's not funny. He's serious.

What's funny is that THE BLAZE is a resource headed by a mentally incapacitated GLENN BECK who has all the following on his resume:

(1) Drug Addict

(2) Alcoholic

(3) Suicidal

(4) ADHD

He has, through other means such as self diagnosis or through spurious "medical" outlets, also attested to the following "illnesses":

(1) Eye problems where he can't focus

(2) Autoimmune Disorders

(3) Adrenal Fatigue (whatever that is)

Legitimate medical experts had labelled his "illnesses" as arising from pseudoscience.

Glenn Beck is a space cadet and any information from a media outlet headed by him must be treated as just the flotsam and jetsam that arises from the mind of someone that isn't all there, so to speak.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

@MIseker wrote:
the way i heard it ( shaky memory) warmer water warms the atmosphere creating a cyclonic movement. the bigger the disparity the larger the cyclone...and irma is historically huge..as in diameter. same basic principle for tornadoes etc.
Why so big, so many this year? I think climate change effects it..thats about all i will say as im no " climate" scientist.

SO..first you disparage Nye, and classify him with me as a scientist..enough science knowledge to run a kid show.

and you accept some people that tweeted against the kidshow guy?
the 3 % of scientist that deny change are your ammo? Okee.

So...let's see...without getting into any further detail than necessary, there would be two basic sources of heat on this old earth.  One from the Sun dumping heat from outside in to.air, water, rock, sand, dirt...whatever....on or above the surface. The other, the molten iron core down there pumping heat up to the same surface.  Themal transfer, volcanic activity, hot springs etc.

Both can and do change temperature overall or in specific areas on the composite or earth AND its atmosphere.  I expect even the 3% would agree with that...it's one of those 'self-evident thingys'. Being non-rational, the other deniers might not 'get it' even IF the 3% does. 

So...it now seems both surface temperature AND atmospheric temperatures are changing..... differently from place to place on the earth's surface...it's getting hotter, but not uniformly.  Some places might even be getting colder. 

NOTHING stays the same when any components is changed.  Doesn't 'act' the same, doesn't 'work' the same AND the consequnces are different.  Another of those 'self-evident thingys', so it is.

So then,..heat can be entrained in.the "atmosphere". Trapped.  Could come from the sun, could come from the ground/water surfaces of the earth....really the only two that count all that much.  

IF the heat can not and does not escape into space outside the 'atmosphere', the 'atmosphere' gets hotter. AND so do the earth's surfaces under it EVEN IF nothing has changed in what the Earth's Core puts out.  That's happening.  It has happened periodically since the earth was formed.  There's a difference now, though,

Man and his chemical/gas/carbon/methane contributions have changed the atmosphere so the heat no longer escapes as it did.  Man and ALL of the non-natural consequences of his existence has been added into the equation.  The equation no longer is in 'balance'.  This time around, Man did it.  IF Man doesn't fix it, Man will go away.  Nature doesn't screw around.  Got that jim?  You can't credit or blame God for this one.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

@MIseker wrote:
the way i heard it ( shaky memory) warmer water warms the atmosphere creating a cyclonic movement. the bigger the disparity the larger the cyclone...and irma is historically huge..as in diameter. same basic principle for tornadoes etc.
Why so big, so many this year? I think climate change effects it..thats about all i will say as im no " climate" scientist.

SO..first you disparage Nye, and classify him with me as a scientist..enough science knowledge to run a kid show.

Basic grade school science - warmer water (has more heat content) evaporates more readily/faster - warmer air holds more of that evaporated water that already contains more heat (energy)- hint - so we get more evaporated water with more heat (energy) content - hint - net result stronger storms containing more water and more energy.

A simple cause and effect sequence that any sixth grader - but not a republican/conservative/trump supporter - can easily comprehend.

republicans/conservatives/trump supporters better get that loser Ken Ham to pray for them...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Bill Nye blames powerful hurricanes on climate change

Message 15 of 15

Bill Nye blames powerful hurricanes on climate change — then a real scientist shuts him down

With two major hurricanes striking the United States in just two weeks, many liberals and climate change alarmists have pointed to man-made climate change as the reason such powerful storms are striking the U.S. so closely.

One of those alarmists is television host Bill Nye, of course.

Everything is climate change

Over the last several years, Nye, the former host of a 1990’s children’s television show, has become a leading crusader in warning against man-made climate change, denouncing anything other than his own version of science and truth.

To Nye, any anomalous weather is a sign of climate change. So with record-setting Hurricane Irma coming on the heals of record-setting Hurricane Harvey, Nye was quick to connect the dots and conclude climate change.

“It’s the strength that is almost certainly associated with global warming,” Nye told Dan Rather last week. “As the world gets warmer and there’s more heat energy in the atmosphere, you expect storms to get stronger. You also expect ocean currents to not flow the way they always have. That will make some places cooler and some warmer.”

“The problem…is that these hurricanes are very powerful,” Nye said. “We’re all gonna pay for Harvey, we’re all gonna pay for Irma one way or another. So…anyway, the more heat energy in the atmosphere strengthens the storms — as you would expect.”

The PhD meteorologist responds

Dr. Ryan Maue, a climate scientist known for his work with tropics, weather models and climate research shut Nye down on Twitter.

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 10.08.41 AM.png

When someone questioned Maue, he doubled down on his point that Nye was just plain wrong in his comments.

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 10.08.27 AM.png

What other scientists say

University of Washington atmospheric scientist Cliff Mass also put the brakes on the climate change theory in an extensive blog post last month about Hurricane Harvey.

“Hurricane Harvey developed in an environment in which temperatures were near normal in the atmosphere and slightly above normal in the Gulf,” he wrote. “The clear implication: global warming could not have contributed very much to the storm.”

“There is no evidence that global warming is influencing Texas coastal precipitation in the long term and little evidence that warmer than normal temperatures had any real impact on the precipitation intensity from this storm,” he explained.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/09/10/bill-nye-blames-powerful-hurricanes-on-climate-change-then-a...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Bill Nye is too funny...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors