With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Bill Cosby Charged - Where's BLM?

Message 1 of 45

@Snoopy48 wrote:

I have not watched anything on MSNBC for over 5 years. If you know exactly what they want and what they stand for why are you posting lies about them? 

Lies - maybe you could elaborate on what things I've posted that you know for a fact to be lies.....................................

I'll ask you again - what do you think they stand for? And what do they want?

There is a long confusing road in between standing up against Police Violence against Blacks and getting White College Presidents fired and blocking Public Airports at Christmas

Apparenlty you are one of the lucky ones who has the official BLM Cipher so please - enlighten us?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 45

@mickstuder wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I guess I missed where the police shot him. Could you point to the source that told you that Cosby was shot by the police?

The above was part of the "let's dump on Mick" parade. It, inadvertently I'm sure, pretty much defines the thinking of the supporters of the "movement" - black lives really don't matter, only those which give a reason to demonstrate, diminish the police, and get TV time.

That is why I prefer "All lives matter" as a rallying cry.

I see that you also know nothing about the purpose behind Black Lives Matter and just felt the need to dump on someone.

Okay well tell us then - what is their purpose - what do they want?

You have posted enough about them lately shouldn't you have figured out what they want before your rants?

I know exactly what they want and what they stand for......................you think you know but cannot articulate it because MSNBC hasn't provided you with a narrative you can live with yet

I have not watched anything on MSNBC for over 5 years. If you know exactly what they want and what they stand for why are you posting lies about them? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 45

@Richva wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

1. To reconstitute a dishonest & devisive Historical Chronicle whereby Americans feel like we have made no progress at all on Black & White Race Relations in America and to bring us backwards in time to a place where those claims has some validity and to recreate the unrest and distrust of a ancient time

2. To create a sense in all Americans that there is some kind of National Conspiracy against Blacks by Police

3. To create a sense in all Americans that there is some National Epidemic of Police Brutality perpetrated by Police against Blacks

We don;t need this kind of agitation in America today - it's dishonest - their claims are untrue and their agenda is not positive and neither arw their means

I would agree that there is no conspiracy but certainly a prevalent approach to policing the black communities that does not happen in white communities.  When you see your neighbor's children arrested or shot on a regular basis, it is difficult to identify the cause but you certainly can (and they are) protest the affects. 

This came about because the black community felt the police and other government agencies needed to be reminded that Black Lives (do) Matter (along with the white ones).

Ok but this issue is not one-sided - any discussion to be considered honest & credible - must also include the thousands and thousands of Black lives who are snuffed out by other Blacks in the Black Community every single year

No Mother should have to look at her children everyday and wonders if she lets them go out her door will she ever see them alive again

The problem is - if out of a thousand killed in the Black Community - 995 are killed by other Blacks from the same community and 5 are killed by cops - focusing on just the cops is not going to make anyone safer..............but the Cops are the only focus of BLM............................

It's easy to see how the Black Community and others can be fooled into beleiving - The Cops are responsible for all the killing in the Black Community - there is a lot of killing in the Black Community but the facts do not support this theory of Cops being responsible for most of it and only Cop Directed solutions will produce no real measurable improvement - but just like WMD in Iraq - once the Slogan has been implanted in the Nations Consciousness by groups like BLM with help from the media - reality is lost

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 45

@mickstuder wrote:

1. To reconstitute a dishonest & devisive Historical Chronicle whereby Americans feel like we have made no progress at all on Black & White Race Relations in America and to bring us backwards in time to a place where those claims has some validity and to recreate the unrest and distrust of a ancient time

2. To create a sense in all Americans that there is some kind of National Conspiracy against Blacks by Police

3. To create a sense in all Americans that there is some National Epidemic of Police Brutality perpetrated by Police against Blacks

We don;t need this kind of agitation in America today - it's dishonest - their claims are untrue and their agenda is not positive and neither arw their means

I would agree that there is no conspiracy but certainly a prevalent approach to policing the black communities that does not happen in white communities.  When you see your neighbor's children arrested or shot on a regular basis, it is difficult to identify the cause but you certainly can (and they are) protest the affects. 

This came about because the black community felt the police and other government agencies needed to be reminded that Black Lives (do) Matter (along with the white ones).

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 45

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

I know exactly what they want and what they stand for......................you think you know but cannot articulate it because MSNBC hasn't provided you with a narrative you can live with yet

Oh, then you do know what they want and what they stand for? Please tell us what you think and say that it is (and provide your source).  Or can't you "articulate it" ?

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 45

@mickstuder wrote:

Oh, then you do know what they want and what they stand for? Please tell us what you think and say that it is (and provide your source).  Or can't you "articulate it" ?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 45

@cat2015 wrote:

Mick, so you consider Bill Cosby an "innocent hero?"

Figures.

Why are you so obsessed with race? What is it about BLM that threatens you?

You are definitely part of the problem.

I've repeatedly made it clear what my position is - Race is not a issue with me at all - I worked on the Edward Brooke campaign back in the sixties - ever heard of him - do you know what a White Guy working on a Black Politicians campaign meant in the sixties in Boston Ma?

In other words I was as a White guy advocating for fairness and equal opportunity for Blacks back when it really meant something in a volatile period in a Major city in this country in the midst of a major civil rights battle and before it was a in vogue undertaking like it is now with all the White Elites

I voted for Obama twice......................and except for Ross Perot I always vote Democrat - ever heard of Democrats - their candidates are hardly anti-black

My Dog in this current fight has always been about a National Organization attempting to bring awareness to the Black Experience in America by dishonestly purporting that there is some National Conspiracy against Blacks by Law Enforcement and there is a National Epidemic of Police Violence against Blacks...................

No one of you - not you - not Cent - not BLM can show any credible evidence of either claim and yet you still are marching in the dark banging the drum to a tune you don't know the words too

When asked for the proof - all we get from them and you folks is arbitrary incidents that include - EVERY - person of every race ever invloved in some kind of Police Violence - WHY IS That?

Simple - because if you posted the number of how many just Blacks were killed by Police - it would defeat your own argument

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 45

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I guess I missed where the police shot him. Could you point to the source that told you that Cosby was shot by the police?

The above was part of the "let's dump on Mick" parade. It, inadvertently I'm sure, pretty much defines the thinking of the supporters of the "movement" - black lives really don't matter, only those which give a reason to demonstrate, diminish the police, and get TV time.

That is why I prefer "All lives matter" as a rallying cry.

I see that you also know nothing about the purpose behind Black Lives Matter and just felt the need to dump on someone.

Okay well tell us then - what is their purpose - what do they want?

You have posted enough about them lately shouldn't you have figured out what they want before your rants?

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 45

Mick, so you consider Bill Cosby an "innocent hero?"

Figures.

Why are you so obsessed with race? What is it about BLM that threatens you?

You are definitely part of the problem.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 45

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

MI - since you have double posted this, I suppose it would be only fair to, once again, point out that it refers to "young black men killed by police" but not "young black men killed by young black men" which is a much, much larger number.

Once again pointing out the hypocrisy of the "movement" and it's supporters.

I missed the story where Cosby shot an unarmed teen in the back 14 times. Could you show me the link?

Did you miss the part where he surreptitiously drugged and then forcibly raped 50 White Woman - this thread is about where are the BLM folks when it comes to how Prominent Black Men in the Black Community live their Black Live that Matter - this is just one more example of how a Black Life Mattered to the 50 White Female Victims.....................................

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views