You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Bill Cosby Charged - Where's BLM?

Message 21 of 45

@Richva wrote:

Yes, it seems the BLM movement really is about trying to protect the average black person and not just any **bleep** just because he is black. 

No they aren;t................

There are over 3500 Black people killed by other Blacks in the Black Communtiy every year - BLM never mentions them - never rallies for them - never advocates for them

There have been 6 Blacks killed by Police under questionable circumstances and BLM is all over that issue

Get it - 6 Black killed by Police over 3 years - BLM shuts down airports at Christmas 

Get it - More than 3500 Black killed by other Blacks in the Black Community evrey year and those murders aren't even on BLM radar

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 45

@bunny5580 wrote:

Mick, you have to remember that I have no history with the police so I don't have an inbuilt fear of them. Had I gone to the funerals of relatives and friends that were gunned down by them and justice turned a blind eye to it, I'd probably react differently. I've always lived in the same area and before my husband retired, he had a job where he would bump into law enforcement often so we know most of them, except the young, newer ones so my reactions to them would be entirely different then if they'd constantly harass me and the people I know.

Consider the 55 year old black woman who was recently shot. Her only offense was ODWB. (Opening Door While Black) Naturally, there are cops who aren't racist, control happy, and gun happy, but there are too many out there with those qualities.

There are thousands more Blacks killed by other Blacks in the Black Community every single year - way more than the handful of Blacks killed by Police in the last 3 years which are the catalyst of all this misdirected hype

So what about the families of all the thousands of Blacks that have been killed by other Blacks in the Black Community - apparently their Black Lives Do Not Matter only the Black Lives of a handful of Blacks killed by Police

Get it - 3500 Blacks Killed by Other Blacks in the Black Community every year - year in and year out - BLM does not recognize them

Get it - 6 Blacks killed by Police over a 3 year period - Black Lives Matters shuts down Ariports at Christmas

My major issue with BLM is their Hypocrisy - they obviously really care very little about Black Lives - because they ignore the thousands of Blacks murdered by other Blacks - a issue - they alone could probably be the most helpful with but they only care about creating chaos and disruption and more about their own notiriety as inviduals

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 45

I guess I missed where the police shot him. Could you point to the source that told you that Cosby was shot by the police?

The above was part of the "let's dump on Mick" parade. It, inadvertently I'm sure, pretty much defines the thinking of the supporters of the "movement" - black lives really don't matter, only those which give a reason to demonstrate, diminish the police, and get TV time.

That is why I prefer "All lives matter" as a rallying cry.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 45

I fail to see how anyone using anything even similar to 'rational thinking' could come to the conclusion that the Black Lives Matter movement could possibly have anything to do with Bill Cosby and the trouble he has gotten himself into.

I'd like to hear the explanation

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 45

Mick, you have to remember that I have no history with the police so I don't have an inbuilt fear of them. Had I gone to the funerals of relatives and friends that were gunned down by them and justice turned a blind eye to it, I'd probably react differently. I've always lived in the same area and before my husband retired, he had a job where he would bump into law enforcement often so we know most of them, except the young, newer ones so my reactions to them would be entirely different then if they'd constantly harass me and the people I know.

Consider the 55 year old black woman who was recently shot. Her only offense was ODWB. (Opening Door While Black) Naturally, there are cops who aren't racist, control happy, and gun happy, but there are too many out there with those qualities.

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 45

@Quackers wrote:

@loveabull wrote:

I really get ticked off by people mocking " Black Lives Matter". Let me see if I can break it down into simple terms. If the police shoot an unarmed child...yeah that's wrong. If the police allow someone in their custody to break their neck...yeah thats wrong. If a man uses his fame to rape any number of women and is arrogant enough to believe it might not someday blow up in his face...yeah thats wrong and justice needs to be served.

Attitudes about race always shows it's ugly face no matter how hard people try to throttle it down. It tells on itself every time. The constant mocking and whining about black lives matter is saying something........................hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It is indeed telling on itself.

With each and every post positions become more and more defined.

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 45

Yes, it seems the BLM movement really is about trying to protect the average black person and not just any **bleep** just because he is black. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 45

@loveabull wrote:

I really get ticked off by people mocking " Black Lives Matter". Let me see if I can break it down into simple terms. If the police shoot an unarmed child...yeah that's wrong. If the police allow someone in their custody to break their neck...yeah thats wrong. If a man uses his fame to rape any number of women and is arrogant enough to believe it might not someday blow up in his face...yeah thats wrong and justice needs to be served.

Attitudes about race always shows it's ugly face no matter how hard people try to throttle it down. It tells on itself every time. The constant mocking and whining about black lives matter is saying something........................hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 45

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 45

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Yeah - Black Lives Matter and the way some Black Live their lives really really matters to their victims

Where is BLM on this one - shouldn't they be protesting because he Police arrested another one of their innocent heroes?

Just one more example of how - the WAY some Blacks chose to live their lives really matters to their victime but not to the Black Lives Matters folks.

Bill Cosby has been charged with sexual assault in relation to a 2004 accusation in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.

This is the first criminal charge levied against Cosby since the allegations first arose. Cosby has steadfastly denied any wrongdoing.

The district attorney did not name the victim, but the accusations he announced parallel the allegations made by former Temple University employee Andrea Constand. She has said Cosby drugged and fondled her in January 2004.

Some unsealed documents from that civil suit revealed that Cosby has admitted to getting prescription Quaaludes to give to women he wanted to have sex with.

SOURCE - http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/30/us/bill-cosby-sexual-assault-investigation-pennsylvania/index.html

The 78-year-old Cosby has been dogged by allegations of sexual assault. More than 40 women have come forward to publicly accuse him of assaulting them over four decades, most saying he drugged them first.

I guess I missed where the police shot him. Could you point to the source that told you that Cosby was shot by the police?

Sure I will below but could you also provide evidence of how University of Missouri President Tim Wolfe & University of Missouri Chancellor Bowen Loftin coerced any Police Officers in the USA to kill Black People.....................

What does this mean - well it's fairly simple - apparently your claim and certainly the claim by other BLM supporters on this forum - is that BLM exists only to raise awareness of Police Brutality and Police Killings of Blacks

When I ask the question -  why isn't BLM concerned about the thousands of Blacks killed on average every year by other Blacks in the Black Communnity - I'm told - well - because BLM only exists to point out all the Police Violence and unecessary killings of Blacks

Ok so if we accept that premise - then the question is - why then did BLM matters not only get involved at the U of Missouri but be instrumental in the removal of both the President & Chancellor of the College?

The answer then is - well they are also involved in Racial Issues

Ok well then what could be more Racist than a Rich, Famous & Influentual Black TV & Movie Star Drugging Assaulting & Raping more than 40 White Woman?

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views