Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Bidens Bussing & Segregation Problem

Message 1 of 20

I am not a Biden fan ..... but if all he does is remove Trump from the Executive Office, he will be a hero!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

To me - The Goal of Incumbency is to gain the Majority and Keep it

Theoretically - If No One Died or Voluntarily Retired and a Party could Maintain their Incumbents after becoming the Majority - they would Rule forever

One more reason for keeping the POWER of Incumbency -

Assigned Committee heirarchy - they also have the control over which pieces of legislation can get 1st and best placement or even just moved along or get put on the bottom of the stack.

Where does the Constitutions Obvious Position on Incumbency figure in & speaking of the US Constitution how does it's Position on the US Presidency figure in according to your Wheel Chair Congressional Eutopia?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

@mickstuder wrote:

Theoretically - If No One Died or Voluntarily Retired and a Party could Maintain their Incumbents after becoming the Majority - they would Rule forever

One more reason for keeping the POWER of Incumbency -

Assigned Committee heirarchy - they also have the control over which pieces of legislation can get 1st and best placement or even just moved along or get put on the bottom of the stack.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder 

This might help with just numbers and % -

Govtrack - Statistics and Historical Comparison

Doesn't appear to be just incumbency that is the major problem anymore - more like when there is a majority-majority, including the office of the President and not a minority-majority.  the ones you mentioned -

Dodd-Frank - Obamacare - Trump Tax Cut

Those are the only 3 things Congress has accomplished that has impacted the lives of all Americans

ALL passed by Congresses in a majority party, including the President at the time - I call that ramrodding not legislating.  "For the People", I sure those in the other party would disagree.

This might also be of interest to you and you can track it  - Last updated around the end of March

GovTrack - What can GovTrack data tell us about the thirteen most recent and current Members of Cong...

A lot of those Incumbants have either no one running against them or nobody strong.  I would love to get rid of my Congressmen - Rep is Democrat/Senators are both Republican. - two of them are ill which is a wellknown fact.

You are right, they are not doing their job but I don't think it is incumbency that is the problem - there is no desire for compromise and no way to force some type of compromise since pork barrelling is pretty much gone now.

We are getting way off Topic here - But - This is one of those Classic Areas where Two different things can be True at the same time - Two different things can be the reason for the same Outcomes

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

@mickstuder 

This might help with just numbers and % -

Govtrack - Statistics and Historical Comparison

Doesn't appear to be just incumbency that is the major problem anymore - more like when there is a majority-majority, including the office of the President and not a minority-majority.  the ones you mentioned -

Those are the only 3 things Congress has accomplished that has impacted the lives of all Americans

ALL passed by Congresses in a majority party, including the President at the time - I call that ramrodding not legislating.  "For the People", I sure those in the other party would disagree.

This might also be of interest to you and you can track it  - Last updated around the end of March

GovTrack - What can GovTrack data tell us about the thirteen most recent and current Members of Cong...

A lot of those Incumbants have either no one running against them or nobody strong.  I would love to get rid of my Congressmen - Rep is Democrat/Senators are both Republican. - two of them are ill which is a wellknown fact.

You are right, they are not doing their job but I don't think it is incumbency that is the problem - there is no desire for compromise and no way to force some type of compromise since pork barrelling is pretty much gone now.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

That's not the point

Biden has a History - Biden has a Record - Biden Should be Held Responsible for both - talking the talk when you have a Recred of not Walking the Walk is what people should be judged upon

The Real Issue is How many other Candidates did Biden beat over the years who would have supported Integration from the Get-go and they probably lost because of it - because the Democratic Machine Protected Biden back then just like they are now - back then - The Democratic Machine De-emphasized these weaknesses of Bidens

There are several other Candidates who have had a much better Record on a lot of these issues & a much more Current Record

There is No Good Reason to Support Biden because of his Handsome Smile or his Democratic Parties Incumbent Machines Money - when there are so many other better choices

Boy, you are really unforgiving  - .

Of course I wouldn't vote for the ole "Space Invader" - but some of the others have been around a long time too and also carry some prior views/actions/ beliefs baggage - .

What's gonna be your measure for your support, mickstuder -

Age, background, how long they have been around the political machine - whether or not they have done anything at all, other than just talk.

Our legislative process is suppose to be one where the views of only one is not suppose to have too much weight in the whole; no matter who they are. 

Seems like to me when we got rid of most of the pork barreling, a lot of things just stopped in legislating and we are left with just the bickering, scrabbling - **bleep** for tat.

Related image

Congress has become Meaningless

Some Americans were impacted more negatively or positively than others with each one but there was evidence of some kind of Work Product from Congress

Incumbency is the Problem in my view

The facts are irrefutable - Americans think Congress is not doing their jobs - but then the Voters re-elect 90% of them

Nothing gets done - not because of anti-pork sentiments - its because every move by each individual Congress Person is a Political Calculation not a Constitutional or Budgetary consideration

Until we keep voting out all Incumbents every election cycle over & over & over until Big Money understands backing Incumbents is a waste of their money - nothing will ever change

Incumbents have No Time for legislating - they spend all their time running for re-election

Count the days Congress is in session & then count the number of pieces of Legislation that have completed the entire process

I'm not talking about voice votes for a Memorial or unanimous consent for a Proclamation - I'm talking about a piece of legislation that deals with the major issues having a negative impact on the lives of all Americans & the Country

Legislation that goes through the entire process from sponsoring to debate & the budget process & reconciliation

Healthcare & Drug Costs & Quality

Infrastructure

Immigration

National Security including Cyber Security

CRICKETS

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

@mickstuder wrote:

That's not the point

Biden has a History - Biden has a Record - Biden Should be Held Responsible for both - talking the talk when you have a Recred of not Walking the Walk is what people should be judged upon

The Real Issue is How many other Candidates did Biden beat over the years who would have supported Integration from the Get-go and they probably lost because of it - because the Democratic Machine Protected Biden back then just like they are now - back then - The Democratic Machine De-emphasized these weaknesses of Bidens

There are several other Candidates who have had a much better Record on a lot of these issues & a much more Current Record

There is No Good Reason to Support Biden because of his Handsome Smile or his Democratic Parties Incumbent Machines Money - when there are so many other better choices

Boy, you are really unforgiving  - .

Of course I wouldn't vote for the ole "Space Invader" - but some of the others have been around a long time too and also carry some prior views/actions/ beliefs baggage - .

What's gonna be your measure for your support, mickstuder -

Age, background, how long they have been around the political machine - whether or not they have done anything at all, other than just talk.

Our legislative process is suppose to be one where the views of only one is not suppose to have too much weight in the whole; no matter who they are. 

Seems like to me when we got rid of most of the pork barreling, a lot of things just stopped in legislating and we are left with just the bickering, scrabbling - **bleep** for tat.

Related image

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

@TracyofCotuit wrote:
I was from Cotuit but am a SoCal resident now and have been for 29 years.
I said I like Biden and I do, but I was trying to point out that what we thought as younger people, we most likely do not see in the same light today. So, perhaps the stand he took on busing all those years ago, he regrets today? I don't know. I do know that we need someone strong to stand up against Trump, who will not play the name calling game, who will stay focused and who will gain the necessary support to win the election.
btw: I also like Kamala Harris.

Thats all well & good except

Bussing wasn't simply a Transportation Issue

It was a Racist Issue - I lived through the Riots in Boston because the Whitey Elites did not want their Precious White Children to be forced to associate with Blacks

Biden was a White Supremacist - A Racist and his Policies Prove it

Fast Forward to Anita Hill - Biden was a Mysogynist & his treatment of Anita Hill prove it and his handling of the Thomas Hearing proved he was a White Apologist

Slow Down through his Entire Biden History until today - he likes Groping Woman

Again - if he was the only Game in Town against Trump - Voters might have to hold their Noses and Vote Biden over Trump like I was forced to do with Clinton

Right Now - we have almost 2 Dozen better alternatives than Biden and his Baggage which will be severely exploited by Trump

There is a Reason why Trump is concentrating on Biden - he wants Biden as his opponent - he couldn't handle Harris or Warren or possibly even Bennet as easily

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

@TracyofCotuit wrote:

I am not so foolish as to vote for anyone because of their smile.

good point but I will take a proved track record of competence as one criteria 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

I am not so foolish as to vote for anyone because of their smile.

Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors