Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Biden

Message 11 of 103

@LouD17624 wrote:

@JeanetteR120979 wrote:

Biden vs Trump?  I do not agree.

Just my opinion: Bernie is the working class candidate and his popularity in swing states is undeniable.  Bernie is the most electable nominee.  Bernie beats Trump.

Bernie is unelectable. He's 78-years-old and just had a heart attack. Bernie's a good guy, and I like him, but can he stand a full campaign season then 4 years in the Oval Office trying to undue Trump's treason while fighting the Trump cultists? I don't see it. 

People on this site keep saying we can't take any chances; we must beat Trump. I agree, and Bernie is a huge risk. 

I haven't picked a candidate yet. It's too soon. Not a single primary has been run.

At this point, I think Biden is a bigger risk against Trump than Sanders. As I said before, Biden probably would have won had he run in 2016. Now I think it's too late for Biden.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 103

If you have an interest, here is a video posted  -- the Full interview: Bernie Sanders meets with the Register's editorial board (12.6.19).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiQosAg1O6o

We are all capable of making our own decisions.  Please share other candidate videos, so we can see [for ourselves] the pro’s and con’s of all the candidates.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 103

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Actions speak louder ....... blah blah blah

Don't feel sorry for me John, feel sorry for yourself.

It's unrealistic for the Democratic candidates in the Primary to only talk about trump. They have to talk about their platforms and what they want to do, what they propose, it's simply how primaries work. Right now they are running against each other for the nomination, a simple reality. People vote and the majority chooses who the candidate will be. In the general election the Dem candidate will surely be debating with and going after tRump. If you want them to all talk and complain about trump for the rest of the Primary then perhaps you should write to them to impress and  coach them with all with all of your expertise.

Well you show I have a lot more expertise  on this subject.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 103

@john258 wrote:

Actions speak louder ....... blah blah blah

Don't feel sorry for me John, feel sorry for yourself.

It's unrealistic for the Democratic candidates in the Primary to only talk about trump. They have to talk about their platforms and what they want to do, what they propose, it's simply how primaries work. Right now they are running against each other for the nomination, a simple reality. People vote and the majority chooses who the candidate will be. In the general election the Dem candidate will surely be debating with and going after tRump. If you want them to all talk and complain about trump for the rest of the Primary then perhaps you should write to them to impress and  coach them with all with all of your expertise.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 103

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

No this election is about Trump and who best can replace him. The Trump supporters want it to be about what you are talking about. It looks like you are obsessing over allowing Trump to win, and that shows who is playing into Trumps hands. During the primary the candidates should be telling us how they will defeat Trump not each other then we choose who we think can do that job the best., and if there are enough people joining you he will win, and become full Dicator like Hitler.

The Presidential election is no doubt a lot about defeating  tRump.  tRump supporters want everything to be about trump.  I only want those who vote in the Democratic Primary to be able to vote for the primary candidate of their own choosing without being insulted or attacked over it.

I am not the one "obsessing over allowing tRump to win", but you most certainly are.

"Choosing who can do that job best" (defeating tRump) is an individual decision. Anyone voting in the Democratic Primary has the right to their own choice without being attacked or ridiculed.

My response to your   "and if there are enough people joining you he will win, and become full Dictator like Hitler"   is that it is simply another denigrating and insulting statement based on your own opinion.

No sadly you want everything to be about Bernie just like Trump supporters want for him. They even are cancelling the primary elections so he will have no opposition . Ask yourself are you doing the same with Bernie. If you think people voting in the Dem Primary will choose the best person to defeat Trump  why do you attack any one who you think says something about Bernie you do not like.? Follow your post which requires silence. Your second para makes no sense and could come from one of the Trump enablers as they follow blindly. The main subject of the primary and general election is Trump period and all should support the person who runs against him. Now join that effort on defeating Trump and stop trying to elect Bernie. That is the far right approach as they work for Trump.

So sadly you want everything to be about Biden just like tRump supporters want for him. They are cancelling the primary elections so he will have no opposition. Ask yourself if you are doing the same with Biden.

If you think people voting in the Dem Primary will choose the best person to defeat tRump then why to you attack anyone who you think says something about Biden that you don't like?

Follow your own post which requires silence. Your comment about my second paragraph and trump enablers following blindly makes no sense. 

The "main subject" of any primary is for those who vote in it to vote for the candidate of their own choice, the majority vote chooses the candidate. The general election is the one about tRump and the Democratic Candidate chosen in the Primary.

I have never told anyone here who to vote for, I believe that everyone should cast their vote in the primary for the candidate of their choice.  Yet, you tell me who to vote for. That's kind of like being a dictator and more like "the far right approach as they work for tRump".

Actions speak louder than words. You have said I support biden and am pushing him and that is not true except in your eyes as you by words want all to support Bernie. I have never told you who to vote for as I know who you will vote for by your words.  What I have told you and others is that so far the Dems running for office have not gone after Trump, and unless they take Trump out they all loose. f have said if I were Trump my top choices to run against based on what they have done would be Warren, Bernie, Biden. I really feel sorry for you as in your blind push for Bernie you do the same thing the Trump enablers do. Never use facts, but make it all up. That is how Dems loose, and Trumps becomes full dictator. You do not ignore Trump during the primary and think for the general you can pick that up. You can not, and when Trump controls the subjects covered it gives him the chance to win. Trump is one of a kind and sadly many do not know how to handle him including you and many other Dems. If Trump does win he can thank all of you as this will be the 2nd time he will have beaten you. We have Trump because the dems did not control the subjects during the run up. I feel sorry for you, but sorrier for the country.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 103

@john258 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

No this election is about Trump and who best can replace him. The Trump supporters want it to be about what you are talking about. It looks like you are obsessing over allowing Trump to win, and that shows who is playing into Trumps hands. During the primary the candidates should be telling us how they will defeat Trump not each other then we choose who we think can do that job the best., and if there are enough people joining you he will win, and become full Dicator like Hitler.

The Presidential election is no doubt a lot about defeating  tRump.  tRump supporters want everything to be about trump.  I only want those who vote in the Democratic Primary to be able to vote for the primary candidate of their own choosing without being insulted or attacked over it.

I am not the one "obsessing over allowing tRump to win", but you most certainly are.

"Choosing who can do that job best" (defeating tRump) is an individual decision. Anyone voting in the Democratic Primary has the right to their own choice without being attacked or ridiculed.

My response to your   "and if there are enough people joining you he will win, and become full Dictator like Hitler"   is that it is simply another denigrating and insulting statement based on your own opinion.

No sadly you want everything to be about Bernie just like Trump supporters want for him. They even are cancelling the primary elections so he will have no opposition . Ask yourself are you doing the same with Bernie. If you think people voting in the Dem Primary will choose the best person to defeat Trump  why do you attack any one who you think says something about Bernie you do not like.? Follow your post which requires silence. Your second para makes no sense and could come from one of the Trump enablers as they follow blindly. The main subject of the primary and general election is Trump period and all should support the person who runs against him. Now join that effort on defeating Trump and stop trying to elect Bernie. That is the far right approach as they work for Trump.

So sadly you want everything to be about Biden just like tRump supporters want for him. They are cancelling the primary elections so he will have no opposition. Ask yourself if you are doing the same with Biden.

If you think people voting in the Dem Primary will choose the best person to defeat tRump then why to you attack anyone who you think says something about Biden that you don't like?

Follow your own post which requires silence. Your comment about my second paragraph and trump enablers following blindly makes no sense. 

The "main subject" of any primary is for those who vote in it to vote for the candidate of their own choice, the majority vote chooses the candidate. The general election is the one about tRump and the Democratic Candidate chosen in the Primary.

I have never told anyone here who to vote for, I believe that everyone should cast their vote in the primary for the candidate of their choice.  Yet, you tell me who to vote for. That's kind of like being a dictator and more like "the far right approach as they work for tRump".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 103

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Right.

Let the primaries run their course. Let Trump be the one insulting and mocking people. Stick to the issues. When a Dem nominee is chosen will be a better time to chose how and how much to use oppo ads and research. In other words, let's have an election.

“What’s a high crime? How about if an important person hurts somebody of low means? It’s not very scholarly. But I think it’s the truth. — Lindsey Graham
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 103

Can you imagine what the right will do to SANDERS ?

Sanders would've beat Trump in 2016 — just ask Trump pollsters.

The Hill 

Democratic leaders would be wise to consider why so many polls throughout 2016 showed that Sen. Bernie Sanders would have decisively defeated Donald Trump in a general election contest.

Democrats should fully understand why Sanders ran so far ahead of Trump in polling — usually by double digits — and markedly stronger than Clinton in match-up polling against Trump.

As reported recently in The Hill, Trump’s own pollster, Tony Fabrizio, stated flatly at a recent Harvard University Institute of Politics event that Sanders would have beaten Trump. He said:

Sanders would have run stronger than Clinton with lower-educated and lower-income white voters. 

The real working-class hero candidate was always Sanders, not Trump, who has always been a crony capitalist pretending to be a populist.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/358599-sanders-wouldve-beat-trump-in-2016-just-ask-trump-pollst...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 103

Biden sounding more and more like Trump. Mock someone. Then deny it.

Joe Biden claims he said ‘facts’ not ‘fat’ to Iowa voter: Listen to the tape yourself.

12/6/19

Joe Biden and his campaign are strongly denying that he called a retired Iowa farmer “fat” after the man challenged him about Hunter Biden.

Audio of the confrontation with Merle Gorman reveals the former vice president clearly saying, “Look, fat.”

Look, what “facts” are you going to believe, the ones you hear with your own ears or from Joe Biden’s spin room?

Video of the confrontation clearly reveals otherwise.

And he challenged Gorman to do push-ups or go running with him after suggesting that the farmer led a “sedentary” lifestyle in contrast to Biden himself.

“But look, fat, look. Here’s the deal,” Biden told Gorman.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/joe-biden-claims-he-did-not-call-iowa-voter-fat.html

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 103

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors