Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Biden

Message 41 of 103

Well I like Baseball and apple pie.

The American Revolution (1776) laid the ground for the creation of our American Constitution.  Without the American Revolution there would be no American Constitution and no legal process to even impeach Trump.  Revolutions are good in my opinion.  Revolutions are American to the core. Just like baseball, hot dogs, and apple pie.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 103

@gordyfl wrote:

Somehow Joe Biden isn't the "public speaker' he once was, but I don't see what millenials want to call "gaffs" as being more than off the cuff remarks of someone my age who grew up in a vastly different America.

Doesn't mean he's out of touch with today's problems. Only means his memory is excellent, but his audience knows nothing of the actual "social history" of their country...

I don't think this is a millenial thing.

Joe Biden:

"There are three genders."

"Ohio or Iowa? Where am I?"

"New Hampshire or Vermont? Where am I?"

"Leave your record player on."

Biden's Verbal Blunders Make Trump Look Like Winston Churchill...

Well to each his own, and you have the right to think as you wish.and I completely disagree with you on everything that you have posted.
Biden may be old. he may not even have a smart phone or a computer of knows what Instagram is, but you know  what?  he will put back this country in a stable manner, he many not do anything else. and I don'g care. but what I want is a person that will not create a revolution, I have had enough with Trump and will provide this country  with peace and security. Revolutions are for another time otherwise we will have the Clown for four more years.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 103

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

It might be good if some reality set in, rather than we can do what we always have done. The path you are on will give Trump a chance to win and take this country to where Germany went with its Dictator Hitler. Trump must not be allowed to set what the main items are in this election, and no one talks about that. This evening Bernie was on TV giving his talking points on all the new great programs he will bring when elected. Not one mention of Trump until Chris asked him about Trump. TV this evening showed an Iowa meeting held by Biden. Person asked question about Bidens son, and did Biden do the same thing as Trump with his dealings there. (Right from FOX news.) Biden took him on and there was a back and forth which Biden showed emotion as he should have. (Trump has hung this lie on Biden and sadly it will go on until all running take on Trump and set what the Campaign main items are which should be all about Trump.) Fact is Bernie is not going to get any of his programs in the next 4 years  period. Biden has been stuck with the Trump lie and the question is can he get rid of it. So far no, even though his TV add about Trump and NATO got play and for one night we heard about that not Bidens son. I will say again the Dems need to control what the Campaign is about and it should be Trump period. Get out of the rabbit hole and into the real world.

Just prior to the 2016 election, many here looking at the same crystal ball you are looking at said that trump couldn't win, said that Hillary was winning the election. So much for crystal balls.

Telling someone to "get out of the rabbit hole" is so friendly, I'll have to remember that one.

I disagree that Biden is the "one that can beat tRump". We will just have to disagree ........ that's all. 

I happen to agree with you on Biden and given  you my reasons which in part come from being in contact with him. The polls were telling us Hillery could win, and they were wrong. Polls are only as good as the people who design them, and no one is 100% correct all the time. The polls were taken on programs like always and did not reflect what Trump was doing to control what subjects made up the campaign part of the election. A Mob Boss does not use the same methods you and I would so we learn from mistakes. One mistake was allowing Trump to control what was talked about on a day to day basis in the campaign. That is why in 2020 the Dems have to take control of that which so far the people who want to run against Trump have not done. Trump Ukraine mess he created trying to get campaign talking points on Biden. Trump did not even want an investigation, just the announcement of one as that would give him his talking point. Sadly he got his talking point just look at TV today and the Biden Iowa Campaign rally where it came up. It has been allover TV this evening. Trump won on that point so far. The Dems must get control of that area, and stop the way we normally see a campaign run. It is not to late to do that now.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 103

@john258 wrote:

It might be good if some reality set in, rather than we can do what we always have done. The path you are on will give Trump a chance to win and take this country to where Germany went with its Dictator Hitler. Trump must not be allowed to set what the main items are in this election, and no one talks about that. This evening Bernie was on TV giving his talking points on all the new great programs he will bring when elected. Not one mention of Trump until Chris asked him about Trump. TV this evening showed an Iowa meeting held by Biden. Person asked question about Bidens son, and did Biden do the same thing as Trump with his dealings there. (Right from FOX news.) Biden took him on and there was a back and forth which Biden showed emotion as he should have. (Trump has hung this lie on Biden and sadly it will go on until all running take on Trump and set what the Campaign main items are which should be all about Trump.) Fact is Bernie is not going to get any of his programs in the next 4 years  period. Biden has been stuck with the Trump lie and the question is can he get rid of it. So far no, even though his TV add about Trump and NATO got play and for one night we heard about that not Bidens son. I will say again the Dems need to control what the Campaign is about and it should be Trump period. Get out of the rabbit hole and into the real world.

Just prior to the 2016 election, many here looking at the same crystal ball you are looking at said that trump couldn't win, said that Hillary was winning the election. So much for crystal balls.

Telling someone to "get out of the rabbit hole" is so friendly, I'll have to remember that one.

I disagree that Biden is the "one that can beat tRump". We will just have to disagree ........ that's all. 

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 103

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 103

Somehow Joe Biden isn't the "public speaker' he once was, but I don't see what millenials want to call "gaffs" as being more than off the cuff remarks of someone my age who grew up in a vastly different America.

Doesn't mean he's out of touch with today's problems. Only means his memory is excellent, but his audience knows nothing of the actual "social history" of their country...

I don't think this is a millenial thing.

Joe Biden:

"There are three genders."

"Ohio or Iowa? Where am I?"

"New Hampshire or Vermont? Where am I?"

"Leave your record player on."

Biden's Verbal Blunders Make Trump Look Like Winston Churchill...

biden gaffes oops.jpg

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Biden

Message 47 of 103

CT said, "Bernie is an ego maniac. Watch him at the next debate, he's always raising his hand and hogging the microphone."

Gordy said, "In a debate Bernie won't let Trump control the stage"

So what? Hillary won all 3 debates discussing issues and policies, but Trump is president. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 103

@Tom5678 wrote:

correct OS. Getting Moscow Mitch a new job should be just as big a priority as getting rid of Trump. Was reading the other day the House has put forward something like 350 bills to Moscow Mitch, not a single one is being taken up. Mitch needs to go as bad as Trump. Prison in my opinion would work for both.

Right you are Tom56 - allowing GOPers to continue to block all reasonable legislation and fill our court system with Nazis like Kavanaugh makes no sense whatsoever. There's already 6 of tRump's top advisors serving hard time FOR DOING HIS BIDDING, so sending donny to the house of many doors will be a snap once he's exprugated from office, and Moscow Mitch never did anything but politics and made millions - gotta be dozens of criminal offenses involved.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 103

correct OS. Getting Moscow Mitch a new job should be just as big a priority as getting rid of Trump. Was reading the other day the House has put forward something like 350 bills to Moscow Mitch, not a single one is being taken up. Mitch needs to go as bad as Trump. Prison in my opinion would work for both.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 103

What is best for the country is NO tRump and no Moscow Mitch.

Doesn't mean he's out of touch with today's problems. Only means his memory is excellent, but his audience knows nothing of the actual "social history" of their country way back to the 1960's when everybody took group showers after gym class, and kids sat on their grandpa's lap and got a loving pat on their little fannies WITHOUT mom and dad calling the cops to arrest gramps for sexual assault.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors