Honored Social Butterfly

Biden vs Trump Town Halls

Wow! What a difference!

Joe Biden looked and sounded presidential. He was very calm, authentic,  and personable. His answers were filled with an array of facts and interesting comments about his background and experience in the Senate. At the end, Joe stayed around and offered to talk with those who questioned him. It was a very impressive evening for Joe Biden which illustrates why Americans like and trust him.

One of the key points Joe Biden emphasized last night was his experience working with all members of Congress, which means Republicans. He is known for working across the aisle. Last night, Joe said he plans on bringing everybody together and doing his best to get both parties working for America again. He said America can no longer tolerate the divisiveness of Donald Trump.

Donald Trump was Donald Trump. America is tired of his anger, massive ego, non-stop lying, bullying, and verbal assaults on everyone. It was clear last night why Joe Biden has a significant lead in the polls.

Honored Social Butterfly

KidBoy2 wrote:

She was nasty, rude, and much more.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So anyone who challenges trump's lies is "nasty, rude and much more'?

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

The Trump town hall was everything we expect in a Trump production.  It has derision, incorrect information, constant interruptions by Trump.  In short, a continuation of the chaos a majority of American voters have come to hate. 

Honored Social Butterfly

It was great to see Joe Biden perform so well at the Town Hall. He was very impressive when answering the questions asked by the two guys that voted for Donald Trump in 2016. And despite Trump Cult members trying to change the reality of what happened, it was not about softball questions from the host. About 90% of the questions came from audience members, two of whom were TRUMP VOTERS. 

I thought most of the questions were very good and I was very  impressed with how much Joe Biden knew about various programs, the law, and how the Senate operates. I didn't realize he was that smart. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Joe answered questions which were asked of him...and trump tried to bully and avoid questions...that’s what took place!

Good for Savanah, stayed strong. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It was good to see Trump forced to answer questions.  I see some of the Trumpettes have been calling her a "pit bull inquisitor".  Awww was she too mean to little their Donnie snowflake? Quick, somebody get him a participation trophy and an ice cream. 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

I have already voted, so the dueling town halls were a moot point, but I did briefly tune in to Joe.  (I cannot listen to Donnie speak for too long, it's like fingernails on a blackboard.)  I switched over for a minute at one point.  Coincidentally, they were both talking about masks.  Lordy, the difference! 🙄  Joe's reality vs. Donnie's fantasy.

I did find something strange.  Obviously, IMPOOPUS scheduled a town hall at the same time as Biden on purpose.  (What'd he tell his supporters at a rally?  That he wouldn't give up a free hour of TV time?  Hah!)  IMPOOPUS was one hour; Biden was one and a half hour.  Tactical error?  It seems that once Donnie was done flailing, peeps would switch over to catch a much more sensible Joe for the final word.

JMO, but IMPOOPUS doesn't do well on this type of reality TV.

Honored Social Butterfly

CriticalThinking:  Joe Biden looked and sounded presidential. He was very calm, authentic, and personable. His answers were filled with an array of facts and interesting comments about his background and experience in the Senate. At the end, Joe stayed around and offered to talk with those who questioned him. It was a very impressive evening for Joe Biden which illustrates why Americans like and trust him.

You have it exactly correct. Biden was calm and gave excellent answers and obviously knows what he's talking about. In contrast, Trump was sweaty and belligerent and clearly just spouting whatever bs came to mind to get him through the performance. He actually said he didn't know if Democrats were part of a secret satanic cult of pedophiles or whether Joe Biden ordered the murder of Navy Seals (what the heck?!!!) That is clearly loony toons. Trump is dangerous to our national security and needs to go.

Trusted Contributor

Savannah Gutherie; Moderator or pit-bull Inquisitor? I used to like her, but now-Eeeww!       Joe Biden got nothing but soft-ball questions from his old buddy moderator. Sounding Presidentiial? sure if you like a President who answers everything with-"it all depends", or  "I'll get back to you later on that!" c'mon, Man!

Honored Social Butterfly

Savannah Gutherie; Moderator or pit-bull Inquisitor?

==============================================

She was nasty, rude, and much more.  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@IndyMo wrote:

Savannah Gutherie; Moderator or pit-bull Inquisitor? I used to like her, but now-Eeeww!       Joe Biden got nothing but soft-ball questions from his old buddy moderator. Sounding Presidentiial? sure if you like a President who answers everything with-"it all depends", or  "I'll get back to you later on that!" c'mon, Man!

I know right?

IMO, this was actually good for the Trump campaign.  The double standard was so stark and easy to spot everyone can see the protection provided to Biden only makes Trump look stronger.  I see it as a success. 

VIMTSTL
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@IndyMo wrote:

Aww, was Savannah mean to poor li'l Donnie?  He's the president.  If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.  Simple.

Honored Social Butterfly

Obviously IndyMo didn't watch the Joe Biden Town Hall. Almost all of the questions (and they were good ones) came from audience members (not the moderator). At least 2 of those audience questions came from a couple of Republicans who voted for Trump in 2016.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png