Social Butterfly

Biden to Pick Woman for V.P.

Biden says he will pick woman to be his vice president

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/15/politics/joe-biden-woman-vice-president/index.html

Who should it be? I like Klobuchar.

Honored Social Butterfly

There are a whole bunch of younger millenials and now the Gen Z who aren't excited by Joe Biden at all.   He's old, he's moderate, he's just meh.   I think a progressive will energize those voters to come out.  I personally like Stacey Abrams, but would take anyone who energizes large numbers of voters.  

Honored Social Butterfly

"Age" isn't a factor to Progressives and the younger generation. Think Bernie. Think Biden. Think young man Buttigieg. 

Gender is not a factor to them either. Think Hillary. They like women like AOC, Tulsi, and to some extent, Elizabeth Warren. 

They know what they are for. They know what they are against.

Honored Social Butterfly

I like Amy, but the downside to choosing her is the Dems could possiby lose a critical Senate Seat. Anyway, my money is on Stacey Abrams from Georgia. In addition to attracting women and young people, she will probably ensure a large turnout of black voters.

Honored Social Butterfly

Probably will be. 

Honored Social Butterfly

He'll choose someone who is a military hawk and/or someone who would be kind to Wall Street. A corporate candidate. 

Esteemed Social Butterfly

How about Hillary? She didn't really say no.

“So, I never say never because I believe in serving my country. But it’s not going to happen,” she stressed.

https://hollywoodlife.com/2020/02/06/hillary-clinton-not-running-vice-president-2020-explains/

Honored Social Butterfly

Stacey Abrams.

Honored Social Butterfly

@LouLit01 wrote:

Biden says he will pick woman to be his vice president

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/15/politics/joe-biden-woman-vice-president/index.html

You may be on to something, Lou!  One, I agree with you, Amy K would be a great choice, so would Kamala Harris, but I'd love to see her as A.G. myself.  Amy K kinda let the cat out of the bag in an event two weeks ago, suggesting she was already asked.  We'll see....

I also expect trump will ask Nicki Haley to run with him...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Esteemed Social Butterfly

My first thought when he said it was Amy.

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

My first thought when he said it was Amy.

Me too.  But I think he would pull more voters by choosing a Progressive woman like Warren. Just my thoughts on it.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Me too.  But I think he would pull more voters by choosing a Progressive woman like Warren. Just my thoughts on it.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility. I've always thought she was trying to position herself as the party unity candidate. Some of the folks on MSNBC were speculating on her since Biden dropped her name in the debate. But Biden has also talked about the possibility of having an African American woman on the ticket.

All of the above mentioned women are probably on his short list. My only concern about Stacy Abrams is that she is not well known, and has only state house rep experience. Not sure she's the right candidate to assume the presidency should, God forbid, it become necessary. I'd like to see someone with more experience, like a Senator or Governor. They're going to have a big mess to clean up after all the damage done by Trump.

@Centristsin2010 -  I also like the idea of Kamala Harris for AG, if not VP.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

How about Susan Rice?  She endorsed Biden a while back. Former NSA for Obama, former Assistant Sec of State on African Affairs for Clinton. She has solid credentials.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png