Biden’s staying power has everything to do with beating Trump

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Biden’s staying power has everything to do with beating Trump

Message 1 of 32

That doesn't mean I don't agree on some of the other candidate's policies. Just like I might not agree with all of Bernie's policies.

Edit note: I would like to see something like a Sanders/Tulsi ticket. Just to bring more outside the progressive into the platform.

A Bernie Sanders / Tulsi Gabbard Ticket would look something like this...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 32

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Biden’s staying power has everything to do with beating Trump

Message 3 of 32

As I've stated before, any candidate will be 25 times better than Trump. Since he's a symbol of tyranny and evil, the number one criteria for any candidate is the following. 

Who has the best chance of defeating Trump in the 12 Battleground States?  I didn't say who might beat him or who could beat him, that's a chance we cannot afford to take. We must select the individual with the best odds of winning.

Nothing is more important than eliminating Trump before he destroys our democracy and the "Rule of Law". If you don't agree with the above, you may as well sign up the Trump campaign.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 32

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Although beating Trump is Biden's Ace in the Hole, he has a lot more going for him. If only people would stop choosing a president on his debating skills, and look at more important aspects of what the man can offer to those who are opposed to Comrade Trump. 

• As we've mentioned many times, Joe Biden is liked and admired in blue collar America.
  • Joe Biden can glavanize black voters, something Warren and Sanders will never be able to do. 
  • Why do people forget that foreign affairs is a critical skill for presidents? Joe Biden is recognized for being extremely knowledgable and skilled when it comes to foreign affairs.
  • Joe Biden can do what most Americans want in their politicians, he can work with Republicans
  • Finally, Joe Biden is in touch wth mainstream America..

If Biden becomes the Democratic nominee for president I'll jump on the Biden bandwagon and support him for all I'm worth. I don't have anything against Biden other than he bores me to tears and I honestly do not see him defeating some of the more charismatic candidates.

Interesting how so many of us can disagree without resorting to temper tantrums and ad hominem attacks given the example set by the leader of the free world.

“What’s a high crime? How about if an important person hurts somebody of low means? It’s not very scholarly. But I think it’s the truth. — Lindsey Graham
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 32

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The "Caesar's Wife" contingent of the Democratic party ....

Still, I agree with you.  BUT, he could have insisted on the investigation if my memory serves my right.  It's a challenge paving the way to the "right way" and some talent will fall by the way side....Franken took one for the team....I look forward to the day when principal overcomes politics on the right.....I'm not holding my breath though.  Franken is a loss for sure....talented...there will be others.....big party.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 32

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The "Caesar's Wife" contingent of the Democratic party shot themselves in many vital places when they joined the witch hunt of Al Franken and chased him out of the Senate for doing something ribald WHEN HE WAS A COMEDIAN TOURING FOR THE USO!

In Senate hearings, Franken had proved himself to be one of the most effective critics of the Trump Administration. His tough questioning of Jeff Sessions , Trump’s nominee for Attorney General, had led Sessions to recuse himself from the investigation into Russian influence in the 2016 election, and prompted the appointment of Robert Mueller as special counsel. Without Al, tRump's rampant criminal behavior would STILL be concealed from public view.

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand led the Pickett's Charge of the Dems because she knew Franken was the most viable candidate to remove tRump in 2020, and she wanted to be the one topping our ticket. Donor disgust for her hatchet job has cost her financial support and she can now join O'Rourke as the biggest flops of the primary process.

Not much chance of UNslandering Al, but the Dem leadership might give it a try.

He's incredibly smart, has a fantastic debate style and is a sensible liberal whose only crime was being UN-PC way before he became Political.

DEMOCRATS - STOP EATING YOUR YOUNG!

Hey Scout.....good commentary and thoughts, though I must take exception to your comment that ...."Al's only crime was being UN-PC way before he became Political.  He sure was known to play some "butt grabbing" in his photo sessions....with SEVEN other accusers.  I too was critical of his behavior though I was a rapid supporter of his here in Minnesota.  He is bright, hard working and has good political sense.  However, his sophomoric "humor" was his downfall.  Je should have requested an investigation, but the climate at the time didn't serve him effectively.  He deserved better....butt....

His most vocal accuser was looking to get him out of the way of HER political ambitions, PERIOD. the Dems should NEVER have let that happen.

He DID request an investigation, his fellow Democrats refused to support his request.

ALL of his accusers said he kissed or hugged them "when they didn't want to be" - Point being there WERE times when they would NOT have objected, so just how bad was it?

I do NOT recall anything that sounded like the tRump-level sexual assaults, and those juvinile photos were after a VERY long day when everyone including Al was seriously sleep deprived AND THERE WAS NO "TOUCHING" - just sophmoric miming.

As for the "butt grabbing" recall it was more "butt PATTING". Not cool, but considering the social mores of the time, not in the least unusual. He was pilloried for behaving like he was at a frat party, which is not too far a stretch from a USO show.

Again, we wasted a tremendous asset for the sake of idelogical purity - same BS that got tRump elected! May never be able to unring that bell, but for God's sake STOP DOING IT! There is NO RATIONAL ALTERNATIVE TO THE DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE  at any level- the GOPers purged ALL their rational candidates when Gingrich was running the show. Listen to the Republicans defending tRump if you want proof their caucus is devoid of reason.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 32

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 32

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 32

Interesting how fickle Democrats are....just two weeks ago you were an avid Bernie supporter.  No?

What caused you to bail on ole Bernie so quickly?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 32

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors