Reply
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Biden’s many errors are tokens of serious mental incapacity

315 Views
Message 1 of 45

Hello everyone, this thread has gone off topic.

 

Please return to the topic, and remember to post according to the community guidelines.

 

https://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Biden’s many errors are tokens of serious mental incapacity

365 Views
Message 2 of 45

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Polls taken recently show Biden would win over Trump but lets look at how most polls are taken.  First of all they represent a sample population numbering typically 1000 people. They are either taken in a city environment where it's easy to get the sample (but a biased sample since a city is where the left typically live) or the phone taking a small sample of people from different areas.  I have never talked to a person taking a poll yet I like many people I know, don't answer the phone unless it's from someone I know (from caller-id) because of all the robo-calls.  I'm guessing (just a guess) that many more Democrats answer their phone when it rings regardless of the caller.


You do realize that each poll taken has its own set of who they want to talk to, and how many. They use a system of selecting who to call by zip codes and every zip code is part of a national demographic group which experts have put together. I use the zip code demographics when I talk about what the experts have told us about who makes up the Trump supporting groups. They use this method to get a fair sample size to fit what they are poling about. That size would be small when polling on Trump since they know what the answers will be from his supporters. They use a larger size from other groups since that is what will tell them how Trump is doing or not doing. I get calls all the time from them. By the way you do know robo calls are a gift from the far right.


If you understood my previous post, you would understand why pollsters can't get polling data from Trump supporters!


I understand your previous post, and I understand polling and the answer I gave you was in line with that. What I can tell you is the points you raised were raised years ago, and solved years ago by the people doing the polling. It is imnportant to keep current on what is going on with a subject.


If you understood my previous post and you do understand polling, just how do you get any representation (during polling) from conservative views?  You do understand that most conservatives DON'T live in the city and MOST don't answer the phone when they don't know the person calling.

 

Just what magic are you aware of?


No magic just have used polls over the years for quite a few projects, and understand how they work. I would suggest you might spend some time learning about the subject like I did before I used them.


The polls used to work when ALL people answered the telephone (pre robo calls) but you can't get to conservatives via telephone or city polls ANYMORE!

 

So your knowledge is antiquated!


What you say is not true now nor has it ever been true. There has always been a factor for unanswered calls built into every tel survey.


The factor you speak of is hold your hand up in the air and pick a number out (of the air) for Conservative votes because I don't know any Conservatives that answer random (poll workers) phone calls.  So your polls NOW don't work.  If you still think they do, you are going to be disappointed at the next election results and maybe you will wake up to the fact that polls are invalid for the reason I stated.


I gave you facts which neither you nor I can change period. One of the reason we have Trump is that his supporters refuse to accept facts. We even saw this with the virus. Most of his supporters did not think it was real per what Trump said, and now that Trump says it is real they are having trouble accepting that so you see Devin N and other far right Trumpers in Congress hindering the efforts to handle this problem. Experts proved correct again.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Biden’s many errors are tokens of serious mental incapacity

372 Views
Message 3 of 45

@Richva wrote: 

 

Oh yeah, I am not counting on the polls. I am counting on Trump. 

 

"Our thoughts and prayers...."


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Biden’s many errors are tokens of serious mental incapacity

402 Views
Message 4 of 45

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Good, since you're counting on Trump, be patient since he will be here for 4+ years!


He may very well be but, if so, I doubt America will be after 4 more years of Trump.  "Everyone out to the pub!!!"

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Biden’s many errors are tokens of serious mental incapacity

422 Views
Message 5 of 45

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:The factor you speak of is hold your hand up in the air and pick a number out (of the air) for Conservative votes because I don't know any Conservatives that answer random (poll workers) phone calls.  So your polls NOW don't work.  If you still think they do, you are going to be disappointed at the next election results and maybe you will wake up to the fact that polls are invalid for the reason I stated.

The polls may be invalid. They only report how a person feels at a single point in time.  On the other hand, I can see all kinds of political ads between now and the election featuring Turmp stating "I take no responsibility" and "There will be, like, 15 cases, and then it will die down" and "Come April and warmer weather, this will all go away like a miracle".   

 

On the other hand, Trump will be able to air Biden calling for the army to start erecting field hospitals and accept the WHO offer of millions of testing kits (which Trump rejected). 

 

Oh yeah, I am not counting on the polls. I am counting on Trump. 


Good, since you're counting on Trump, be patient since he will be here for 4+ years!

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Biden’s many errors are tokens of serious mental incapacity

430 Views
Message 6 of 45

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:The factor you speak of is hold your hand up in the air and pick a number out (of the air) for Conservative votes because I don't know any Conservatives that answer random (poll workers) phone calls.  So your polls NOW don't work.  If you still think they do, you are going to be disappointed at the next election results and maybe you will wake up to the fact that polls are invalid for the reason I stated.

The polls may be invalid. They only report how a person feels at a single point in time.  On the other hand, I can see all kinds of political ads between now and the election featuring Turmp stating "I take no responsibility" and "There will be, like, 15 cases, and then it will die down" and "Come April and warmer weather, this will all go away like a miracle".   

 

On the other hand, Trump will be able to air Biden calling for the army to start erecting field hospitals and accept the WHO offer of millions of testing kits (which Trump rejected). 

 

Oh yeah, I am not counting on the polls. I am counting on Trump. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Biden’s many errors are tokens of serious mental incapacity

441 Views
Message 7 of 45

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Polls taken recently show Biden would win over Trump but lets look at how most polls are taken.  First of all they represent a sample population numbering typically 1000 people. They are either taken in a city environment where it's easy to get the sample (but a biased sample since a city is where the left typically live) or the phone taking a small sample of people from different areas.  I have never talked to a person taking a poll yet I like many people I know, don't answer the phone unless it's from someone I know (from caller-id) because of all the robo-calls.  I'm guessing (just a guess) that many more Democrats answer their phone when it rings regardless of the caller.


You do realize that each poll taken has its own set of who they want to talk to, and how many. They use a system of selecting who to call by zip codes and every zip code is part of a national demographic group which experts have put together. I use the zip code demographics when I talk about what the experts have told us about who makes up the Trump supporting groups. They use this method to get a fair sample size to fit what they are poling about. That size would be small when polling on Trump since they know what the answers will be from his supporters. They use a larger size from other groups since that is what will tell them how Trump is doing or not doing. I get calls all the time from them. By the way you do know robo calls are a gift from the far right.


If you understood my previous post, you would understand why pollsters can't get polling data from Trump supporters!


I understand your previous post, and I understand polling and the answer I gave you was in line with that. What I can tell you is the points you raised were raised years ago, and solved years ago by the people doing the polling. It is imnportant to keep current on what is going on with a subject.


If you understood my previous post and you do understand polling, just how do you get any representation (during polling) from conservative views?  You do understand that most conservatives DON'T live in the city and MOST don't answer the phone when they don't know the person calling.

 

Just what magic are you aware of?


No magic just have used polls over the years for quite a few projects, and understand how they work. I would suggest you might spend some time learning about the subject like I did before I used them.


The polls used to work when ALL people answered the telephone (pre robo calls) but you can't get to conservatives via telephone or city polls ANYMORE!

 

So your knowledge is antiquated!


What you say is not true now nor has it ever been true. There has always been a factor for unanswered calls built into every tel survey.


The factor you speak of is hold your hand up in the air and pick a number out (of the air) for Conservative votes because I don't know any Conservatives that answer random (poll workers) phone calls.  So your polls NOW don't work.  If you still think they do, you are going to be disappointed at the next election results and maybe you will wake up to the fact that polls are invalid for the reason I stated.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Biden’s many errors are tokens of serious mental incapacity

519 Views
Message 8 of 45

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Polls taken recently show Biden would win over Trump but lets look at how most polls are taken.  First of all they represent a sample population numbering typically 1000 people. They are either taken in a city environment where it's easy to get the sample (but a biased sample since a city is where the left typically live) or the phone taking a small sample of people from different areas.  I have never talked to a person taking a poll yet I like many people I know, don't answer the phone unless it's from someone I know (from caller-id) because of all the robo-calls.  I'm guessing (just a guess) that many more Democrats answer their phone when it rings regardless of the caller.


You do realize that each poll taken has its own set of who they want to talk to, and how many. They use a system of selecting who to call by zip codes and every zip code is part of a national demographic group which experts have put together. I use the zip code demographics when I talk about what the experts have told us about who makes up the Trump supporting groups. They use this method to get a fair sample size to fit what they are poling about. That size would be small when polling on Trump since they know what the answers will be from his supporters. They use a larger size from other groups since that is what will tell them how Trump is doing or not doing. I get calls all the time from them. By the way you do know robo calls are a gift from the far right.


If you understood my previous post, you would understand why pollsters can't get polling data from Trump supporters!


I understand your previous post, and I understand polling and the answer I gave you was in line with that. What I can tell you is the points you raised were raised years ago, and solved years ago by the people doing the polling. It is imnportant to keep current on what is going on with a subject.


If you understood my previous post and you do understand polling, just how do you get any representation (during polling) from conservative views?  You do understand that most conservatives DON'T live in the city and MOST don't answer the phone when they don't know the person calling.

 

Just what magic are you aware of?


No magic just have used polls over the years for quite a few projects, and understand how they work. I would suggest you might spend some time learning about the subject like I did before I used them.


The polls used to work when ALL people answered the telephone (pre robo calls) but you can't get to conservatives via telephone or city polls ANYMORE!

 

So your knowledge is antiquated!


What you say is not true now nor has it ever been true. There has always been a factor for unanswered calls built into every tel survey.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Re: Biden’s many errors are tokens of serious mental incapacity

530 Views
Message 9 of 45

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The polls used to work when ALL people answered the telephone (pre robo calls) but you can't get to conservatives via telephone or city polls ANYMORE!

So your knowledge is antiquated!  I'm sorry NOT but I believe it is you that is antiquated.  It happens.

jim - Joe Biden will not win the 2020 Presidential election...Plain and simple.

Is that @ .20 a word?

 

Cent wrote - Good polls are VERY accurate, that's why so many politicians, companies, etc. use them.

 

Your link to FiveThirtyEight,'s “How Popular” graphic, I look regularly.  I appreciate it as a work-of-art for its soothing atmosphere of encouragement.  See LINKtrump has more than 10% difference between disapproval and approval 

 

The best pols are like the 538 poll which uses many reliable polls, statistically accurate polls, and utilizes their findings.

That is true due to the “many” in the mix. Their daily findings tell the truthful saga of - dt vs US.  Ignauration Day ~45.5% liked him. That number has not been reached again.

We won't be dependent upon Person #1 much longer.  We'll be fine.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Biden’s many errors are tokens of serious mental incapacity

553 Views
Message 10 of 45

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The polls used to work when ALL people answered the telephone (pre robo calls) but you can't get to conservatives via telephone or city polls ANYMORE!

 

So your knowledge is antiquated!


Polls have to have about 800 participants to be statistically meaningful but I go by the "brother in law" poll. My two conservative brothers in law are beginning to call Trump a moron and one registered as an independent. I think that poll is meaningful.  I am also hearing jokes about Trump's incopmetence at the bar in the golf club.  Also meaningful. 

Report Inappropriate Content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!

Top Authors