Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 7

@gordyfl wrote:

Towards the end of the Vietnam War I received a letter from the Draft Board telling me to report for my Army physical. The day of the physical I got on the bus and ran into my good friend from my school days. We sat next to each other on the bus.

My friend was the star quarterback on our high school football team. I played baseball with him. He was our only homerun hitter. He was a big guy. Strong. Athletic. Sometimes we'd pass his house after school and we'd see him bouncing and doing flips on his trampoline in his back yard. He was a super athlete.

On the bus he had with him a manila envelope. Inside the manila envelope he told me was a letter from a Congressman. His relatives had political connections. The Congressman explained why he was needed in the States and not away someplace in the military.

Inside that manila envelope was also a letter from his doctor stating that he had a bad wrist and he was also was suseptible to high blood pressure. The guy who could throw the football the length of the field had a bad wrist? That came as a surprise to me.

At the end of the day my friend told me he failed his physical. I know it had to be that manila envelope. I told him I passed my physical.

I'm sure Joe Biden showed up with one of those manila envelopes with a doctor's note. Trump probably had one of those manila envelopes too, for bone spurs.

What was ironic that day was the ones who were passing their physicals. One guy had scars on his wrists. He showed them to the doctor and told the doctor the scars was from his attempted suicide. He passed his physical. Another guy had needle marks in his arms. I assumed he passed, too. Those guys, like myself did not have one of those manila envelopes.

I heard that in his autobiography, Joe Biden gave no mention of growing up with asthma.

Joe Biden called a man in Iowa a "(darn) liar", "fat" and "too old to vote for me." The man was a self-identified Warren supporter.
Then the 77 year old Biden continued "You want to check my shape, let’s do push-ups together. Let’s run. Let’s do whatever you want to do.” (I hope Biden had his asthma inhaler with him.)

Trump & Biden -- Two peas in a pod.

biden trump vietnam draft.jpg

"Crazy Joe Biden is trying to act like a tough guy. Actually, he is weak, both mentally and physically, and yet he threatens me, for the second time, with physical assault. He doesn't know me, but he would go down fast and hard, crying all the way. Don't threaten people Joe! ," the president tweeted.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-biden-vietnam-deferments-tapper-857193

Right from Trump.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@gordyfl wrote:

Towards the end of the Vietnam War I received a letter from the Draft Board telling me to report for my Army physical. The day of the physical I got on the bus and ran into my good friend from my school days. We sat next to each other on the bus.

My friend was the star quarterback on our high school football team. I played baseball with him. He was our only homerun hitter. He was a big guy. Strong. Athletic. Sometimes we'd pass his house after school and we'd see him bouncing and doing flips on his trampoline in his back yard. He was a super athlete.

On the bus he had with him a manila envelope. Inside the manila envelope he told me was a letter from a Congressman. His relatives had political connections. The Congressman explained why he was needed in the States and not away someplace in the military.

Inside that manila envelope was also a letter from his doctor stating that he had a bad wrist and he was also was suseptible to high blood pressure. The guy who could throw the football the length of the field had a bad wrist? That came as a surprise to me. Maybe you hadn't realized humans are blessed with two wrists yet....ya think?

At the end of the day my friend told me he failed his physical. I know it had to be that manila envelope.  The envelope failed its' physical too?  I told him I passed my physical. Great!  

I'm sure Joe Biden showed up with one of those manila envelopes with a doctor's note. You're "SURE"???  Really? I'm sure the Bernie Bro's want to smear the guy who kicked their candidates behind in most of the states across the land; helping trump.   Trump probably had one of those manila envelopes too, for bone spurs. Maybe...

What was ironic that day was the ones who were passing their physicals. One guy had scars on his wrists. He showed them to the doctor and told the doctor the scars was from his attempted suicide. He passed his physical. Another guy had needle marks in his arms. I assumed he passed, too. "Assumed?" You do remember what they say about those who assume....Those guys, like myself did not have one of those manila envelopes.  That you saw...

I heard "heard? Better smear the guy...  Did it say that he sexual assaulted a woman on his staff?  It must have never happened, huh?  that in his autobiography, Joe Biden gave no mention of growing up with asthma. No, he didn't.  Maybe you shouldn't vote for him and write-in Bernie!!!  Didn't he apply for "conscientious objector status"?

Joe Biden called a man in Iowa a "(darn) liar", "fat" and "too old to vote for me." The man was a self-identified Warren supporter.  Then the 77 year old Biden continued "You want to check my shape, let’s do push-ups together. Let’s run. Let’s do whatever you want to do.” (I hope Biden had his asthma inhaler with him.)  So?  Testosterone can be a life-saver....

Trump & Biden -- Two peas in a pod.  trump could use your vote, Gordy!  Then you could beat Bernie and go 0 for the last 3..... 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

Inside that manila envelope was also a letter from his doctor stating that he had a bad wrist and he was also was suseptible to high blood pressure. The guy who could throw the football the length of the field had a bad wrist? That came as a surprise to me.

At the end of the day my friend told me he failed his physical. I know it had to be that manila envelope. I told him I passed my physical.

I'm sure Joe Biden showed up with one of those manila envelopes with a doctor's note. Trump probably had one of those manila envelopes too, for bone spurs.

What was ironic that day was the ones who were passing their physicals. One guy had scars on his wrists. He showed them to the doctor and told the doctor the scars was from his attempted suicide. He passed his physical. Another guy had needle marks in his arms. I assumed he passed, too. Those guys, like myself did not have one of those manila envelopes.

I heard that in his autobiography, Joe Biden gave no mention of growing up with asthma.

Joe Biden called a man in Iowa a "(darn) liar", "fat" and "too old to vote for me." The man was a self-identified Warren supporter.
Then the 77 year old Biden continued "You want to check my shape, let’s do push-ups together. Let’s run. Let’s do whatever you want to do.” (I hope Biden had his asthma inhaler with him.)

Trump & Biden -- Two peas in a pod.

biden trump vietnam draft.jpg

"Crazy Joe Biden is trying to act like a tough guy. Actually, he is weak, both mentally and physically, and yet he threatens me, for the second time, with physical assault. He doesn't know me, but he would go down fast and hard, crying all the way. Don't threaten people Joe! ," the president tweeted.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-biden-vietnam-deferments-tapper-857193

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7
I bet y'all abhor identity politics.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

A typical sour grape Saunders supporter

I'm not so sure he/she  is, I think he/she just plays one on TV

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

A typical sour grape Saunders supporter taking stabs at the candidate that more Democrats supported....they can't stand it.  They ignore the fact it speaks more about their candidate AND their supporters.

Keep it up!  We'll thank you if trump is elected again....then Dems will have another excuse, Saunders supporters are back-stabbers and are not team players, it's their way or the highway!  Maybe if they supported a candidate that had a chance to win instead of those who cater to the demographic least likely to vote; they may have a chance.

BTW....

"So can you join the military with Asthma?

In almost all cases, if you currently have asthma you will not be able to join the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard. If you have or were diagnosed with Asthma past the age of 13, you may still be able to enlist with a waiver. Before you officially enlist in any of the military branches, you will undergo what is known as a Pulmonary Function Test, or PFT.  This test will determine the extent of your asthma, and whether not it’s a disqualifying condition."

https://www.operationmilitarykids.org/can-i-join-the-military-with-asthma/

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Biden's Draft Record Looks Like Trump's

Message 7 of 7

Joe Biden’s Draft Record Looks a Lot Like Donald Trump’s.

He was 6 feet tall and had an athlete’s build. He played football in high school and was active in sports throughout college. He spent one summer as a lifeguard at a local pool.

But after he graduated college in the spring of 1968 and became eligible for the draft and —possibly — combat duty in Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that let him avoid military service.

No, not bone spurs. Asthma.

And his name was Joe Biden.

Just a few months before President Donald Trump received his now-infamous diagnosis of “bone spurs in the heels,” former high school football star Biden got the same 1-Y draft deferment for “asthma as a teenager.”

It was one of five deferments Biden received (the same number as notorious GOP “draft dodger” Dick Cheney) and allowed him to avoid being drafted at the height of the war.

https://www.insidesources.com/joe-bidens-draft-record-looks-a-lot-like-donald-trumps-do-democrats-ca...

Former Vice President Joe Biden was a star football player in high school....

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors