Honored Social Butterfly

Biden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

As the regressives have been pointing out, this is a singular honor and indicates a high standard of achievement.  I trust they will be lining up to congratulate Biden after all the noise they made when Trump was nominated. 

Joe Biden has been nominated for the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize two weeks away from the next presidential debate.

A member of Parliament in the United Kingdom, Chris Bryant, told the Evening Standard he nominated Biden for not resorting to violent solutions and using positive speech.

“When others have resorted to violent solutions, he has argued that the best force is the force of argument," Bryant told the Standard. "Because guns can stop a heart but well-placed words can change many hearts, and many hearts can change a world.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-virus-spreads-across-gop-ranks-some-republicans-say-party... 

Honored Social Butterfly

Anyone who could put up with tRump's constant butting in and yelling at the debate without whipping tRump's behind deserves a 'peace prize" !  ROFLMAO !!!!!

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

That's gonna rattle Trump ......!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

That's gonna rattle Trump ......!!!

Shoot!  Sent him to the hospital.  It was so traumatic for trump they had to fly him there in a helicopter....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Why shouldn't Biden get nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize - he's done nothing for 47 years! That qualifies him for the prize and money.  After all, this means nothing since Obama got one for being elected the first black President.

Say no to Sleepy Joe and BLM cult!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Why shouldn't Biden get nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize - he's done nothing for 47 years! That qualifies him for the prize and money.  After all, this means nothing since Obama got one for being elected the first black President.

Are you saying simply being nominated is worthless?  I would agree with you. Now, about Trump's nomination. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Are you saying simply being nominated is worthless?  I would agree with you. Now, about Trump's nomination. 

Trump's nomination is just as worthless as Obama's nomination!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:
@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump's nomination is just as worthless as Obama's nomination!

So we are agreed that any moron can get nominated for the Nobel Peace prize?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I agree - Obama got one didn't he?

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I agree - Obama got one didn't he?

Obama won the Nobel Prize.  His NOMINATION  was not worth a bucket of warm (spit) as Lyndon Johnson once described the vice presidency. Winning is everything.  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Obama won the Nobel Prize.  His NOMINATION  was not worth a bucket of warm (spit) as Lyndon Johnson once described the vice presidency. Winning is everything.

Obama won for being the first black President.  Who cares what the racist LBJ said?

Say no to Joe and BLM cult!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Obama won for being the first black President.  Who cares what the racist LBJ said?

Say no to Joe and BLM cult!

Do you even read your own posts before calling someone else racist? "Obama won because he was black" is the definition of racism.  Note, not a personal attack.  This is an analysis of your statement. It makes a judgement based solely on race. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Obama won because he was black" is the definition of racism. 

LBJ and most Democrats are racist.  What part of what I said was racist - the facts?  The reason why Obama won the Nobel was he was the first President to be black.  I said that for the second time.  Let that sink in.  Tell me why Obama got the Nobel?

Say no to Sleepy Joe and racist Democrats!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Obama actually WON the Nobel Peace Prize and wasn't just nominated.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

BIG DIFFERENCE!
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Simply being nominated IS worthless.  Being selected is almost worthless EXCEPT for the monetary award!  Obama's nomination made the award useless!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Simply being nominated IS worthless.  Being selected is almost worthless EXCEPT for the monetary award!  Obama's nomination made the award useless!

And Trump being selected as president rather than elected by the voters just about did the same thing to the electoral process. I am glad we agree Trump's nomination to the prize was worthless.  That was the point I was trying to make.  You would be surprised how many people think it was some kind of achievement. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png