You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Biden Voted To Allow Bush To Start Iraq War

Message 1 of 6

@rk9152 wrote:

As did Hillary.

But for those ranting about "oil" I wonder did you peddle your three wheeler to Walmart to do your grocery shopping this week - or did you "destroy the planet" by driving your car.

Drove my electric car and, yes, I use my bicycle.  Here in New Mexico, we are closing coal fired plants ahead of the end of their useful life because solar is so much more efficient.  We plan on selling power to California too. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

As did Hillary.

But for those ranting about "oil" I wonder did you peddle your three wheeler to Walmart to do your grocery shopping this week - or did you "destroy the planet" by driving your car.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

He did and that vote will haunt him throughout the 2020 election.  However, I believe the decision was made for the right reasons at the time and done with proper deliberation.  

If my choice is the man who changes his mind when the opinions of the press change and a man who makes a deliberate decision which, later, turns out to be wrong. I will take the man with the deliberate but wrong decision every time. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@gordyfl wrote:

The Iraq War

"Of course it's about oil; we can't really deny that," said Gen. John Abizaid, former head of U.S. Central Command and Military Operations in Iraq, in 2007.

Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan agreed, writing in his memoir, "I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil."

Then-Senator and now Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the same in 2007: "People say we're not fighting for oil. Of course we are."

Yes, the Iraq War was a war for oil, and it was a war with winners: Big Oil.

Before the 2003 invasion, Iraq's domestic oil industry was fully nationalized and closed to Western oil companies. A decade of war later, it is largely privatized and utterly dominated by foreign firms.
From ExxonMobil and Chevron to BP and Shell, the West's largest oil companies have set up shop in Iraq.

So have a slew of American oil service companies, including Halliburton, the Texas-based firm Dick Cheney ran before becoming George W. Bush's running mate in 2000.

In 2000, Big Oil, including Exxon, Chevron, BP and Shell, spent more money to get fellow oilmen Bush and Cheney into office than they had spent on any previous election.

Joe Biden Praises Dick Cheney: “First of all, I actually like Dick Cheney, for real. I get on with him. I think he is a decent man…..”

Birds of a feather, flock together.

Birds of a Feather do Flock together

And if they are all from the same Political Species lets say the Democratic Leadership - like Clinton - Pelosi - Schumer - Feinstein - Hoyer - Biden - Durbin - etc

They work together to assure the Flock all flies in the same direction No Matter how ill-conceived

They all thought Clinton was a Shoo-in not becuase Clinton was Bulletproof - she wasn't but because they anticipated all the Democratic Voters would follow them off the Cliff - they obviuosly didn't

10% of Democrats who Voted for Obama - voted for Trump

22% of Democrats who Voted for Obama but had never been to College - Voted for Trump

The Economy is Booming

Most Retired People who depend on 401k's for their Income are doing well

WHY WOULD ANY OF THOSE DEMOCRATS WHO VOTED FOR TRUMP COME BACK FOR BIDEN - SAME MESSAGE AS CLINTON - TALK ABOUT BLACK AND MINORITIES - TAKE MONEY FROM WALL STREET

Once Again Democrats Are Going to Put up a Dinosaur as the Nominee who has nothing to offer Voters down at the Working Middle Class Level or the Low Income Retired Seniors Level

Democrats will tell you they are the Party that represents these people & once they could make a Good Argument that maybe they were - in the 20th Century

But it's reasonable to ask what have you done for us Lately?

Al they've done is shown a willingness to Run & Hide from Trump and holler complaints from a Safe Distance

I'd Love to see Biden try to Take Trump out behind the Wall and beat him up - Biden wouldn't Stand up for Anita Hill never mind get his hands or $3000 Suits dirty in a Street Fight - Trump would smother him physically just like he smothering the Democrats Poltically & Legally

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

The Iraq War

"Of course it's about oil; we can't really deny that," said Gen. John Abizaid, former head of U.S. Central Command and Military Operations in Iraq, in 2007.

Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan agreed, writing in his memoir, "I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil."

Then-Senator and now Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the same in 2007: "People say we're not fighting for oil. Of course we are."

Yes, the Iraq War was a war for oil, and it was a war with winners: Big Oil.

Before the 2003 invasion, Iraq's domestic oil industry was fully nationalized and closed to Western oil companies. A decade of war later, it is largely privatized and utterly dominated by foreign firms.
From ExxonMobil and Chevron to BP and Shell, the West's largest oil companies have set up shop in Iraq.

So have a slew of American oil service companies, including Halliburton, the Texas-based firm Dick Cheney ran before becoming George W. Bush's running mate in 2000.

In 2000, Big Oil, including Exxon, Chevron, BP and Shell, spent more money to get fellow oilmen Bush and Cheney into office than they had spent on any previous election.

Joe Biden Praises Dick Cheney: “First of all, I actually like Dick Cheney, for real. I get on with him. I think he is a decent man…..”

Birds of a feather, flock together.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Biden Voted To Allow Bush To Start Iraq War

Message 6 of 6

Exclusive poll: Biden's Iraq War vote already a liability in 2020 campaign

Biden Voted For The Iraq War - Because the same Big Money & Union Bosses Who are supporting him now - demanded he support the money making Iraq War

The directionless Iraq War has killed over 4,100 US soldiers and wounded or maimed more than 200,000 more and has delivered a devastating blow to our country's reputation and moral authority.

More than 40 percent of participants ages 18 to 29 said his record on the issue made them less likely to support him, a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll found.

It's Not Like Their Wasn't a Plethora of Material Available to Senators Refutting the Claims of the Bush Administration

Bernie Sanders was Vociferously raising concerns in 2002

These Senators Voted Against the Iraq War

* Daniel Akaka (D-Hawaii)
* Jeff Bingaman (D-New Mexico)
* Barbara Boxer (D-California)
* Robert Byrd (D-West Virginia)
* Lincoln Chaffee (R-Rhode Island)
* Kent Conrad (D-North Dakota)
* Jon Corzine (D-New Jersey)
* Mark Dayton (D-Minnesota)
* Dick Durbin (D-Illinois)
* Russ Feingold (D-Wisconsin)
* Bob Graham (D-Florida)
* Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii)
* Jim Jeffords (I-Vermont)
* Ted Kennedy (D-Massachusetts)
* Patrick Leahy (D-Vermont)
* Carl Levin (D-Michigan)
* Barbara Mikulski (D-Maryland)
* Patty Murray (D-Washington)
* Jack Reed (D-Rhode Island)
* Paul Sarbanes (D-Maryland)
* Debbie Stabenow (D-Michigan)
* The late Paul Wellstone (D-Minnesota)
* Ron Wyden (D-Oregon)

These 126 Democratic US House Representatives Voted Against the Iraq War

• Neil Abercrombie (D-Hawaii) Tom Allen (D-Maine) Joe Baca (D-California) Brian Baird (D-Washington) John Baldacci (D-Maine, now governor of Maine) Tammy Baldwin (D-Wisconsin) Gresham Barrett (R-South Carolina) Xavier Becerra (D-California) Earl Blumenauer (D-Oregon) David Bonior (D-Michigan, retired from office) Robert Brady (D-Pennsylvania) Corinne Brown (D-Florida) Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio)
  • Lois Capps (D-California) Michael Capuano (D-Massachusetts) Benjamin Cardin (D-Maryland) Julia Carson (D-Indiana) William Clay, Jr. (D-Missouri) Eva Clayton (D-North Carolina, retired from office) James Clyburn (D-South Carolina) Gary Condit (D-California, retired from office) John Conyers, Jr. (D-Michigan) Jerry Costello (D-Illinois) William Coyne (D-Pennsylvania, retired from office) Elijah Cummings (D-Maryland)
  • Susan Davis (D-California) Danny Davis (D-Illinois) Peter DeFazio (D-Oregon) Diana DeGette (D-Colorado) Bill Delahunt (D-Massachusetts) Rosa DeLauro (D-Connecticut) John Dingell (D-Michigan) Lloyd Doggett (D-Texas) Mike Doyle (D-Pennsylvania) John Duncan, Jr. (R-Tennessee)

• Anna Eshoo (D-California) Lane Evans (D-Illinois) Sam Farr (D-California) Chaka Fattah (D-Pennsylvania) Bob Filner (D-California) Barney Frank (D-Massachusetts) Charles Gonzalez (D-Texas) Luis Gutierrez (D-Illinois)
  • Alice Hastings (D-Florida) Earl Hilliard (D-Alabama, retired from office) Maurice Hinchey (D-New York) Ruben Hinojosa (D-Texas) Rush Holt (D-New Jersey) Mike Honda (D-California) Darlene Hooley (D-Oregon) John Hostettler (R-Indiana) Amo Houghton (R-New York, retired from office) Jay Inslee (D-Washington)
  • Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-Illinois) Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-Texas) Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-Texas) Stephanie Tubbs Jones (D-Ohio) Marcy Kaptur (D-Ohio) Dale Kildee (D-Michigan) Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick (D-Michigan) Jerry Kleczka (D-Wisconsin, retired from office) Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio)
  • John LaFalce (D-New York) James Langevin (D-Rhode Island) Rick Larsen (D-Washington) John Larson (D-Connecticut) Jim Leach (R-Iowa) Barbara Lee (D-California) Sandy Levin (D-Michigan) John Lewis (D-Georgia) Bill Lipinski (D-Illinois, retired from office) Zoe Lofgren (D-California)

• James Maloney (D-Connecticut, retired from office) The late Robert Matsui (D-California) Karen McCarthy (D-Missouri, retired from office) Betty McCollum (D-Minnesota) Jim McDermott-D-Washington) Jim McGovern (D-Massachusetts) Cynthia McKinney (D-Georgia) Carrie Meek (D-Florida, retired from office) Gregory Meeks (D-New York) Robert Menendez (D-New Jersey) Juanita Millender-McDonald (D-California) George Miller (D-California) Alan Mollohan (D-West Virginia) Jim Moran (D-Virginia) Connie Morella (D-Maryland)
  • Jerrold Nadler (D-New York) Grace Napolitano (D-California) Richard Neal (D-Massachusetts) Jim Oberstar (D-Minnesota) David Obey (D-Wisconsin) John Olver (D-Massachusetts) Major Owens (D-New York)
  • Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-New Jersey) Ed Pastor (D-Arizona) Ron Paul (R-Texas) Donald Payne (D-New Jersey) Nancy Pelosi (D-California) David Price (D-North Carolina) Nick Rahall (D-West Virginia) Charles Rangel (D-New York) Silvestre Reyes (D-Texas) Lynn Rivers (D-Michigan, retired from office) Ciro Rodriguez (D-Texas, retired from office) Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-California) Bobby Rush (D-Illinois)

• Martin Olav Sabo (D-Minnesota) Loretta Sanchez (D-California) Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont) Thomas Sawyer (D-Ohio) Jan Schakowsky (D-Illinois) Bobby Scott (D-Virginia) Jose Serrano (D-New York) Louise Slaughter (D-New York) Vic Snyder (D-Arkansas) Hilda Solis (D-California) Pete Stark (D-California) Ted Strickland (D-Ohio) Burt Stupak (Michigan)
  • Mike Thompson (D-California) Bennie Thompson (D-Mississippi) John Tierney (D-Massachusetts) Edolphus Towns (D-New York) Mark Udall (D-Colorado) Tom Udall (D-New Mexico)
  • Nydia Velaquez (D-New York) Pete Visclosky (D-Indiana) Maxine Waters (D-California) Diane Watson (D-California) Melvin Watt (D-North Carolina) Lynn Woolsey (D-California) David Wu (D-Oregon)

Source - https://www.thoughtco.com/2002-iraq-war-vote-3325446

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies