Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Biden: If You Don't Vote for Me, 'You Ain't Black'

Message 11 of 66

@jimc91 wrote:

FOX Business' Charles Payne addresses former Vice President Joe Biden's recent comments during an appearance on the radio show the Breakfast Club.

Another day so we get a re post of the same story from the same far right source. Nothing ever changes with the enablers. One bit of new news. How about FL Judge ordering the State to allow something like 450,000 people to vote. The Reb. far right who control the State were blocking them in violation of the law. Lets hope all 450,000 vote in Nov. to end the Trump era.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 66

FOX Business' Charles Payne addresses former Vice President Joe Biden's recent comments during an appearance on the radio show the Breakfast Club.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 66

I don't know anything about Senator Scott, but I don't like people throwing the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act  of 1994  as proof of racism.  I was working in the Baltimore City Jail at the time, dealing with everyone who had just been arrested.  I lived in the city.  I saw that black people were just as upset with crime, perhaps more, and wanted heavy-handed, authoritarian punishment just the same.  Everyone was desperate to rid the streets of the threat to the overwhelming majority of law-abiding citizens who lived in the city.   

No loitering zone laws were passed.   Harsh sentences were meted out.  It didn't work.  We didn't know then what we know now.  We now know that things like harsher sentencing don't do anything to prevent crime.  But they tried the best they could with the data they had back then.  Sadly it did end up being systemically racist in application.     

It would be interesting to see if Biden and (hopefully) a Democratic Congress undo much of that act, like the provision that eliminated Pell grants for inmates.  Like undoing the enhanced crimes and sentencing.   But you know none of that would pass if either house is Republican. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 66

Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina, an influential African-American member of the GOP caucus, condemned the remarks in an interview with Fox News.

“That is the most arrogant, condescending comment I’ve heard in a long time, and that’s saying something,” Scott said.

“If you think about the numbers, 1.3 million African Americans voted for Trump. He’s saying to 1.3 African Americans, ‘you’re not black’? Who the heck does he think he is?”

biden gaffes black.png

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 66

Here’s what’s interesting: are we going to continue to give more coverage about Biden’s comments to African American voters, while letting trump off of the hook for the 100,000 dead per his responsibility of not dealing with the virus. How is this anywhere close to even...it’s not, don’t let trump off the hook...and it may get worse. 
Biden will learn and fix his problem. trump is nowhere close to fixing anything...put the spotlight where it needs to be, trained on trump!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 66

"If You Don't Vote for Me, 'You Ain't Black'"

That makes no sense.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 66

@jimc91 wrote:

Joe Biden: No More Coal Plants, We Need a ‘System to Transmit Coal and Wind Across the Country’

BY:  Penny Starr

Former Vice President and presumptive 2020 Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden said in an interview on CNBC’s Squawk Box on Friday that as president he would move away from domestic fossil fuel production and then went on to call for a nationwide system to distribute coal.

“I would gradually move out of the position of relying on oil and gas, excuse me, on coal,” Biden said. “No one is going to build another coal fired plant. Period. No matter what the law is.”

When host Joe Kernen asked Biden how he would preserve the high-paying jobs in the oil and gas industry, Biden did not directly answer the question. He said:

We should become the net exporter of the new technology by investing the $40 billion in — the $400 billion I’m proposing in research and development for new ways to absorb carbon. New ways, you know, [to] make sure that we have a system nationwide that can transmit coal and wind across the country.

But we’re not investing in those things Joe. We’re not investing in any of it. They all create jobs.

And by the way, they don’t wind does not cause cancer. Windmills.

In fact, the Trump administration’s Department of Interior just approved the largest solar project in U.S. history, Newsweek reported:

A large solar energy project in Nevada that is expected to generate enough electricity to power 260,000 homes has been green-lit by the federal government.

Upon its completion, around 2022, the Gemini Solar Project could be the eighth-biggest solar facility in the world. It has been described by officials from the Department of the Interior as being the “largest solar project in United States history.” The agency said the project will annually offset greenhouse emissions of about 83,000 cars, which is equivalent to roughly 384,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide.

A Gemini Solar Project record of decision—signed by the interior secretary David Bernhardt—approved Solar Partners XI, LLC to construct a facility about 30 miles northeast of Las Vegas.

“Despite the challenges of the coronavirus, we’re pleased to see that Nevada will soon be home to one of the biggest solar projects in the world,” Abigail Ross Hopper, president and CEO of the Solar Energy Industries Association, said in a statement.

Still trying, but nothing new. Some one correct me but was not the poster complaining in other threads about off topic. Now coal is black but to connect that to the subject is where the KKK would go or the White Nationalist. Now both are part of the Trump group I know for sure.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 66

Biden: If You Don't Vote for Me, 'You Ain't Black'

No doubt minorities will vote for Trump instead.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/01/17/sorry-conservatives-trump-isnt-going-get-surge-bl... 

Here’s what the facts really show: Trump’s job approval rating among blacks averages a mere 13.3 percent in three of the most recent polls that release breakdowns by race. Trump received an average of only 9 percent of the black vote against Joe Biden in surveys in four key swing states conducted by the New York Times and Siena College in November. And a recent Washington Post/Ipsos poll of blacks found Trump’s position to be even worse. This poll is the only recent public poll that interviewed only black voters, and thus has a lower margin of error for them than the other polls mentioned above. It found Trump had only a 7 percent job approval rating and gave him only 4 percent of the vote against Biden.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 66

Joe Biden: No More Coal Plants, We Need a ‘System to Transmit Coal and Wind Across the Country’

BY:  Penny Starr

Former Vice President and presumptive 2020 Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden said in an interview on CNBC’s Squawk Box on Friday that as president he would move away from domestic fossil fuel production and then went on to call for a nationwide system to distribute coal.

“I would gradually move out of the position of relying on oil and gas, excuse me, on coal,” Biden said. “No one is going to build another coal fired plant. Period. No matter what the law is.”

When host Joe Kernen asked Biden how he would preserve the high-paying jobs in the oil and gas industry, Biden did not directly answer the question. He said:

We should become the net exporter of the new technology by investing the $40 billion in — the $400 billion I’m proposing in research and development for new ways to absorb carbon. New ways, you know, [to] make sure that we have a system nationwide that can transmit coal and wind across the country.

But we’re not investing in those things Joe. We’re not investing in any of it. They all create jobs.

And by the way, they don’t wind does not cause cancer. Windmills.

In fact, the Trump administration’s Department of Interior just approved the largest solar project in U.S. history, Newsweek reported:

A large solar energy project in Nevada that is expected to generate enough electricity to power 260,000 homes has been green-lit by the federal government.

Upon its completion, around 2022, the Gemini Solar Project could be the eighth-biggest solar facility in the world. It has been described by officials from the Department of the Interior as being the “largest solar project in United States history.” The agency said the project will annually offset greenhouse emissions of about 83,000 cars, which is equivalent to roughly 384,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide.

A Gemini Solar Project record of decision—signed by the interior secretary David Bernhardt—approved Solar Partners XI, LLC to construct a facility about 30 miles northeast of Las Vegas.

“Despite the challenges of the coronavirus, we’re pleased to see that Nevada will soon be home to one of the biggest solar projects in the world,” Abigail Ross Hopper, president and CEO of the Solar Energy Industries Association, said in a statement.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 66

@jimc91 wrote:

‘Clearly A Joke’ Or Not, Biden’s ‘You Ain’t Black’ Comment Reeked Of Identity Politics

In the pages of the Washington Post Friday, writer Jonathan Capehart spent 650 words or so explaining why Biden’s viral comment from only a few hours prior was “clearly a joke.”

The remark Capehart addresses in his article, titled “Come on. Biden’s ‘you ain’t black’ comment was clearly a joke,” occurred on an episode of “The Breakfast Club,” wherein the former vice president and presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee closed out the show with the startling and cringey comment, “I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

“When heard in the context of the previous 17 minutes and 21 seconds, you know that Biden is joking around,” Capehart writes in Biden’s defense. “Perhaps he got a little too comfortable talking to a community with which he has a strong relationship that spans decades. Add to that being the vice president to the nation’s first black president and you know his affinity with black folks runs deep.”

Biden’s senior adviser Symone Sanders took the same line, insisting the former vice president’s comment was “in jest.”

Biden’s comment, which naturally exploded on Twitter, drew criticism from detractors who said Biden should stay locked away in his basement, away from the cameras. But they also garnered insane defenses from the likes of Nikole Hannah-Jones, who recently secured the Pulitzer Prize for her fallacy-laden 1619 Project for the New York Times.

Biden later apologized for his “cavalier” comments, rendering any defense of them as “clearly a joke” irrelevant.

But the problem with Biden’s remark was never its being too serious. Conservatives criticizing his comment weren’t concerned about the former vice president being “racist,” at least in the meaningless way today’s left uses the term.

Capehart’s reminder of Biden’s “being vice president to the nation’s first black president” or his “affinity with black folks” was unnecessary, for detractors didn’t take offense to Biden’s utterance out of a persuasion that he hates black people.

Rather, Biden’s remark confirms the Democrat’s unwillingness to see black voters as people, as individuals, rather than as a monolithic voting bloc.

According to progressives like Biden and Hannah-Jones, black people who don’t vote for Biden “ain’t black,” in the same way that women who voted for Donald Trump in 2016 “betrayed their gender.” Republicans are clearly far too sexist, too homophobic, too white, and too Christian to garner support from any woman, gay person, minority, or unbeliever. It’s absurd. People don’t vote with the color of their skin.

But despite Biden’s many gaffes, this wasn’t one. The former vice president didn’t misspeak. This commentary aligns with the same nonsense that escapes his mouth on a regular basis as part of his belief system, such as the idea that being black is synonymous with being poor and uneducated — a comment he tried to walk back quickly after realizing its implications.

Or his notion that choosing a VP from a higher perch in the intersectional hierarchy is morally superior to selecting someone based on their qualifications, character, or even likability. It’s why in the same “Breakfast Club” interview, he made sure to note for the record that he’s considering not just one, but “multiple” black women — two cheers for identity politics — to be his 2020 running mate. “I guarantee you, there are multiple black women being considered. Multiple,” he said.

The same Democrats who so desperately want to win back the portion of the electorate they lost to Donald Trump in 2016 are unwilling to see them as unique and individual voters, continuing ever to view them only as a caricatured group.

Counterpoint to Biden: If voters have a problem figuring out whether they’re for him or Trump, listening to a few more of his asinine interviews ought to clear things up.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It appears the dimms have selected the wrong candidate...

South Carolina Republican Sen. Tim Scott chastised Biden’s words as “the most arrogant, outrageous comment that I’ve heard in a very long time,” but also said he was unsurprised, given Biden’s hand in crafting the 1994 crime bill as a Delaware senator leading the Judiciary Committee.

Biden, Scott said, sponsored the legislation that “jailed more African-American males than any other legislation.”

Another day and another article on the same subject from a far right publication. Same pattern same nonsense, but it will go on for months now as Trump and the leaders think they have an issue, and the enablers as usual have not a clue. I hope all saw the article in today paper. The kids are still be held in cages on the border and being given the virus, and separated from their parents. The Fed. court has stepped in and a judge ordered them to stop it.  Now Dictator Trump tries to kill the kids. USA and Germany  one under Hitler one under trump do the same thing.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors