Biden/Harris ticket?

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Biden/Harris ticket?

Message 1 of 12

As I stated previously in this thread, Kamala Harris ran a terrible campaign. When she initially announced her candidacy, she immediately shot up in the polls and then it was all downhill for her. Even in South Carolina, where there's a large block of black voters, she had no traction whatsoever. It was clear to any objective person, it was time for her to get out. 

But Kamala is a bright, incredible woman, so I think she would make a great VP choice for whomever gets the nomination. As for a Biden/Harris ticket, I think that would be a very strong one which could easily take down Trump.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Biden/Harris ticket?

Message 2 of 12

I think it was more than money. Harris, who's a very smart, vibrant woman, ran a horrerndous campaign. She started out in the first debate attacking Joe Biden on a 40 plus year old issue, school busing. Are you serious Kamala? That antagonized a lot of voters.

However, Kamala shot up in the polls right after that debate. It wasn't until after the second debate when Tulsi Gabbard went after her and her record as Prosecutor. After that debate she began sinking in the polls until she hit single digits, then lower single digits.

tulsi kamala debate 1.jpg

Kamala was popular among billionaires.

She had received donations from 46 billionaires and their spouses, more than any other candidate.

By the close of the latest fundraising period, on September 30, 2019, Kamala Harris, Joe Biden and Cory Booker each counted at least 40 billionaires or spouses of billionaires among their backers.

But the maximum anyone can give directly to a presidential campaign is $2,800 for the primaries, and $2,800 for the general election. (Not counting the unlimited amount a donor can give to a PAC or Super PAC).
She raised $36 million which is not bad, but donations were slowing down. She wouldn't have enough money to carry her through the campaign season.

https://theintercept.com/2019/12/06/kamala-harris-bloomberg-billionaire-buckley-valeo-supreme-court/

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"If so he would pick up Black and Women votes."

Biden already has a large chunk of the black vote. But I agree, a lot of women might swing over if Harris is the VP candidate. There are several reasons why I think this would be a powerful ticket.

As for why Harris dropped out, I'll address that in another post. But for now, let's recognize the fact that she ran a horrible campaign.

Probably, so. she did. but on the other hand. the Democrats are known for being emotional with their votes. and I was thinking that it would be a great ticket to put a woman and also a person of the black race.

no name
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

2-08-2019 08:54 AM CriticalThinking
"If so he would pick up Black and Women votes."
Biden already has a large chunk of the black vote. But I agree, a lot of women might swing over if Harris is the VP candidate. There are several reasons why I think this would be a powerful ticket.
As for why Harris dropped out, I'll address that in another post. But for now, let's recognize the fact that she ran a horrible campaign.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 

It's all about the $ donations who drops out or stays isn't it ?  .  

It pains me to say this but if Biden is nominated I think he better pick a charasmatic young MAN as a VP....(not a woman)  ..who is a great communicator to pick up the slack where Joe is weak.    I  want the democrats to WIN....... .   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

I would agree on a Biden / Harris ticket. 
They were my first pick being together when the candidates started declaring. 
We'll see, Biden will have to win the candidates race first in order for that to happen. 
I will be supportive of any Dem ticket. Just hope that we pick someone who can beat trump...that's the first priority!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

Harris never connected with the Black community, In my opinion.  Blacks in California don't care for her one bit and she failed to connect with Blacks on a national level.   Best to her.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Biden/Harris ticket?

Message 7 of 12

Although I agree with gruffstuff, I think it was more than money. Harris, who's a very smart, vibrant woman, ran a horrerndous campaign. She started out in the first debate attacking Joe Biden on a 40 plus year old issue, school busing. Are you serious Kamala? That antagonized a lot of voters. 

Then she couldn't make up her mind if she was for or against MFA.

I think her biggest problem was she could never decide if she wanted to be a mainstream candidate or pander to the left wing of the party. Voters do not like indecisiveness. 

In South Carolina, the only Democratic primary state where there were black voters, she was losing big time to Joe Biden. 

In the end, Harris had no choice because she was going nowhere. But a Biden / Harris ticket could be a big winner. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

Did Harris drop in the hope that Biden would choose her as his running mate?   If so he would pick up Black and Women votes.

I think Harris dropped out due to money, I'm sure she would do the VP slot if Biden offered it. It would make Biden more appealing IMO, he's old, she is not. Could be a good team. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

@JANMB wrote:

I always vote for the party-line = Democratic Party.   .

Let's be real....Biden at 77  shows his age.     A    recent Iowa poll showed that just 2% of young likely caucus-goers in the state back his bid, compared to 30% of seniors.   

Pete is too inexperienced. 

I was surprised that Kamela Harris didn't get more support ...I really liked her, smart, unafraid.   

Liz Warren is a live-wire  was born in a working class family,   got married with children,   got educated,  a law professor and then senator.    What is there NOT to like ?  

Do we have to agree on everything a candidate says as  we need to  go with the bigger picture.    Maybe anyone can beat T RUMP now but with that charmed life he's lived I really am worried about who can beat him.    

Thank you for posting some sanity and open mindedness. I have my choices but in the end I'll vote Democratic. tRump won because so many backed Bernie and refused to vote for Hillary after she won the primary. I liked Harris, I like Bernie, I like Warren.  It's early to think about "tickets", there's a long way to go in this primary and much can happen.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Biden/Harris ticket?

Message 10 of 12

"If so he would pick up Black and Women votes."

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors