AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Beto is in for 2020

Message 1 of 10

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
didn't have to "check" she put it out there a couple of months ago....

Who cares who Oprah supports?

Probably the same type of people who care who the conservative talking heads support.  Same situation, different political spectrum.  Remember, Trump shut down the government because Limbaugh and Hannity did not approve of the deal he agreed to.  These people have power beyond their immediate area. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@Tom5678 wrote:

Who cares who Oprah supports?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

All these folks want to be in position for when the Mueller report and then Trump's tax returns are released.  If they wait until after those events, they will be accused of taking advantage of a sinking president.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@Tom5678 wrote:
William, I agree. He reminds me VERY much of Obama in some ways, plus in his positions as well. Oprah likes him, I Know that.

Is this a leftist thing - checking who Oprah supports?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10
William, I agree. He reminds me VERY much of Obama in some ways, plus in his positions as well. Oprah likes him, I Know that.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

I would like to see how Beto develops his campaign. I like his positions, as far as what he has said so far, more to come I’m sure. But I really like the way that he relates to people. As several have mentioned, he has the “It” factor. 

We will see. He could be a real factor. 

Country over party

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10
I like him a lot. He is now in a very crowded field, with more coming it sounds like. So will need to stand out.
He would be in my top 5 list though.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

Beto is off an running today in Iowa, a state he visited just a few months ago. 

One of Beto's strengths is that he is a listener. During the Texas campaign, he visited every county and held numerous town halls to hear what was on voters' minds, and answer questions. He is young, energetic, and enthusiastic and people just naturally react to that in a positive way. 

His policy positions are well known here in Texas and he will be rolling those on the campaign trail. As a life-long border resident, he has a great understanding of what is needed in terms of border security and immigration reform. He is also making climate change a top priority, and wants every American to have a guarantee of high quality health care. 

He believes in people over corporations, and will not accept money from PACs and special interest groups. He will have grass roots fundraising as he did in Texas. 

I'm glad he's in there. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Beto is in for 2020

Message 10 of 10

It's official, Beto is in for 2020. The announcement was released this morning from his home town of El Paso.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/03/13/beto-orourke-2020-president-announce/

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors