Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Beto: Yes were are going to take your AR15 & AK47

Message 31 of 162

@GailL1 wrote:

Hopefully they will get somebody to write the details that knows what they are doing.

Do you really think that is possible?  It really isn't the gun but the additions available.

InHobUx.jpg.png

Well, they ARE referred to as "weapons systems".  It is a package deal. The gun and the ammunition plus any enhancements. Certainly, if the AR-15 design was changed such that the rate of fire was significantly slowed and it would only take .22 calibre ammunition, a case could be made for keeping it.  However, the current ammunition is designed to tumble and break up in the body.  The AR-15 is designed to fire bullets which travel much faster as well.  Plus, the AR-15 and the AK-47 are both capable  of extremely fast firing rates even as semi automatics.   In short, they really don't have any capablity except harming humans. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 162

@Richva wrote:

The idea that anyone should be able to possess an AR-15/AK-47 style war weapon is ridiculous. They were successfully banned before but the law had too many loopholes and was allowed to expire. So, the law we all know is coming will concentrate on ballistic capabilities, rate of fire, magazine capacity, and other technical descriptors. It will also not expire but have to be repealed. I can't wair.  

Hopefully they will get somebody to write the details that knows what they are doing.

Do you really think that is possible?  It really isn't the gun but the additions available.

InHobUx.jpg.png

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Beto: Yes were are going to take your AR15 & AK47

Message 33 of 162

You can safely bet all the money you have that right wingers will be playing Beto's comments in ads for years to come. I thought that was one of the dumbest comments I ever heard at a debate. I never thought much of Beto, and now, I think even less of him. 

He could have made his point by saying we're going to offer lucrative, voluntary buybacks for military assault weapons and everybody would be praising him. But he was more intent on creating a dramatic moment, which he thought would elevate his candidacy. Sorry Beto, it didn't work. You instead presented the GOP with a Christmas gift, which will prove to be the gift which keeps on giving for years.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 162

@jfpinlvn wrote:
Thank you, Beto.

Well, it was an obvious idea, supported by a majority of Americans, and its time has come.  

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 162
Thank you, Beto.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Beto: Yes were are going to take your AR47 & AK47

Message 36 of 162

@jimc91 wrote:

The intellectual dishonesty on display by the left in this forum is the reason why they are losing support of many moderate democrats and independents.  

.... A most disingenuous, insulting accusation jimc91.

"Intellectual dishonesty" is actually exhibited by those who continue to support Trump .... who has:

- Spewed over 12,000 lies in office,

- Defecated on our Constitution, 

- Spews racist and bigoted rhetoric,

- Professes entitlement to sexually assault women,

- Been accused by 24 women of doing to them what he feels he is entitled to do ..... sexually assault them,

- Bragged about his entitlement to watch teenage girls get undressed at his pageants,

- Had a woman sue him for repeated rape along with Epstein when she was a 14 year old sex slave of Trump's close friend ( Epstein),

- Praises ruthless Communist dictators and enemies of our country (treason)

- Believes our enemies over our own country's Intelligence Agencies (more treason)

- Cheated people out of their life savings with his fraudulent Trump University,

- Committed 10 obstruction of justice incidents,

- Committed fraudulent acts with his foundation rendering it's closing,

- Made himself the target of numerous incidents of bank fraud

- Attempted to take away health care from over 32 million Americans,

- Attempted massive cuts to Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security after promising no cuts,

- Removed numerous environmental regulations placing Americans at risk for deadly health problems,

- Enabled people with mental issues to purchase firearms,

...... And the list goes on

Their position is rediculous and void of logic and integrity.  IMO

Your "IMO" is baseless with absolutely no substantiation!

Supporting a president who is a sexual predator, child predator, pathological serial liar, exhibits criminal actions and treason ...... is "ridiculous and void of logic and integrity"!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 162

@MaVolta wrote:

@rker321 - There are only 3 countries in the world where gun ownership is a constitution right. Those countries are Mexico, Guatemala, and the US. However, Mexico and Guatemala are heavily restricted, while the US has few restrictions other than those found in blue states.

In other countries, owning a gun is considered a privilege rather than a right, and in most countries, health care is considered a right, rather than a privilege. In America, owning a gun is a right, while health care is considered a privilege. Beto is right about one thing . . . this is f'd up!

I don't know for sure, but I think the tipping point was when the NRA became highly politicized. Then in 2008, the SCOTUS weighed in.

You can read more about it here:

https://www.businessinsider.com/2nd-amendment-countries-constitutional-right-bear-arms-2017-10

So  no one in this country ever bother to evaluate the fact that there are more firearms in the hands of citizens than pleople and no one  thought that it could be a concern?  I understand rights but I do not understand when  rights are not evaluated for the safety of the citizens of that country. I am sure that many  rich Mexians do  not go hunting with AR47 if they are allowed in that country. here any

Joe,  Dick and Harry  can have 0ne.  no limits, no evaluation   Rights shoule never override reason and common sense.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 162

The idea that anyone should be able to possess an AR-15/AK-47 style war weapon is ridiculous. They were successfully banned before but the law had too many loopholes and was allowed to expire. So, the law we all know is coming will concentrate on ballistic capabilities, rate of fire, magazine capacity, and other technical descriptors. It will also not expire but have to be repealed. I can't wair.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 162

@rker321 - There are only 3 countries in the world where gun ownership is a constitution right. Those countries are Mexico, Guatemala, and the US. However, Mexico and Guatemala are heavily restricted, while the US has few restrictions other than those found in blue states.

In other countries, owning a gun is considered a privilege rather than a right, and in most countries, health care is considered a right, rather than a privilege. In America, owning a gun is a right, while health care is considered a privilege. Beto is right about one thing . . . this is f'd up!

I don't know for sure, but I think the tipping point was when the NRA became highly politicized. Then in 2008, the SCOTUS weighed in.

You can read more about it here:

https://www.businessinsider.com/2nd-amendment-countries-constitutional-right-bear-arms-2017-10

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 162

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Just the number of firearms in the hands of citizens is apparently something that does need to be evauated. but, how many countries have you seen in which the citizens have more firearmss than people?|
I have never seen the 2nd ammendment being expalined i n the manner that so many seem to think it means. and the excuses that it has provide to create a country in which  guns  are in greater number than people

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors