Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Beto: Yes were are going to take your AR47 & AK47

Message 101 of 162

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kind of like those of us who can't get pregnant forcing our views on those who can?

Speak for yourself.

I do question of how banning firearms can be carried out against the millions of RESPONSIBLE firearm owners; I understand there are 5 to 10 million  AR-15 style rifles in the country with a total of up to 300 million firearms owned by America.  Or how are laws going to be passed heavily restricting them?

Not "heavily" Tex. Only those that were designed for mass killing military use  ..... like the AR15!

Is the Second Amendment going to be done away with (the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed)? 

No Tex.

Congress can ban such guns from civilian use without violating the Constitution.

Would anyone think that a Congress would pass restrictive laws doing so? 

I would hope that Congress will ban military grade mass killing weapons from civilian use .... as would ANY responsible American who values human life above the need to own weapons designed for mass killing!!!

Would anyone think that even a state government would do so? 

Yup .... I would hope that state governments  ban military grade mass killing weapons from civilian use if Congress refuses to do so ...... and they absolutely can without violating ANY American's Constitutional rights!

Again from my perspective this is still a case of those who doesn't own firearms, or has no problem with them, attempting to force their views on those who has no problem with them.  Much as in other areas of our lives.

You don't need to "own firearms" to realize that weapons designed for military mass killing don't belong in the hands of civilians!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 102 of 162

@TxGrandpa2 

You keep claiming it, but who specifically wants to repeal the second amendment and take everyone’s guns away?

And wouldn’t “responsible” gun owners support background checks. 

Or is this just an nra talking point?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 162

@rker321 wrote:

I guess I didn't explain myself correctly, what I wan to know is why a responsible gun owner would need and the uses of owning those  kinds of firearms, for what purpose? what would they use it for? 

Why don't you ask someone who owns them?  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 162
Beto: Yes were are going to take your AR47 & AK47

And how can do that? Go house to house ...sounds like what happened in Germany in the 1930's.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 162

@Richva wrote:

Kind of like those of us who can't get pregnant forcing our views on those who can?

Speak for yourself.

I do question of how banning firearms can be carried out against the millions of RESPONSIBLE firearm owners; I understand there are 5 to 10 million  AR-15 style rifles in the country with a total of up to 300 million firearms owned by America.  Or how are laws going to be passed heavily restricting them?  

Is the Second Amendment going to be done away with (the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed)?  Would anyone think that a Congress would pass restrictive laws doing so?  Would anyone think that even a state government would do so?  

Again from my perspective this is still a case of those who doesn't own firearms, or has no problem with them, attempting to force their views on those who has no problem with them.  Much as in other areas of our lives.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 162

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Do you object to owning an AR-15 or any type of firearm by responsible owners because of the actions of a very few?

Before I answer your question I would like to ask you, to what purpose a responsible owner has for owning any of such guns? They collect them? They hunt with them? they shoot with them? The purpose is impoftant. so what is their purpose?

That has no bearing on the question I asked about RESPONSIBLE owners.  I would think that being a RESPONSIBLE owner it would be in line with applicable laws within a constitutional framework.

I guess I didn't explain myself correctly, what I wan to know is why a responsible gun owner would need and the uses of owning those  kinds of firearms, for what purpose? what would they use it for? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 162

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

Contrary to your fallacious "views" Tex, banning civilian ownership of weapons like the AR15 and AK47 does NOT deny anyone of ANY constitutional rights!

Did I say anything about banning AR-15s?  My comment was my perspective that those who don't own any as attempting to force views on others.

But pardner, at least you did have an opportunity to use your much overused 'fallacious' comment.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 162

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

Contrary to your fallacious "views" Tex, banning civilian ownership of weapons like the AR15 and AK47 does NOT deny anyone of ANY constitutional rights!

Did I say anything about banning AR-15s? 

You most certainly and clearly implied it Tex!

I used the AR15 as an example of the firearms you were addressing.

My comment was my perspective that those who don't own any as attempting to force views on others.

You fallaciously indicated that banning any type of firearm was a violation of Constitutional rights Tex.

But pardner, at least you did have an opportunity to use your much overused 'fallacious' comment.

It's only used where it applies Tex ..... as in "overused" erroneous views!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 162

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

There is no need for ANY civilian to own ANY military grade weapons ..... like the AR15!

Because you say they're military grade weapons does NOT make it so.  Military grade weapons are designed to fire multiple times with one trigger pull and don't overheat when fired automatically.

Apparently the poster isn't aware of the difference between military grade weapons and civilian type firearms. 

I don't own any AR or AK type weapons because I see no need for them yet I do know poeple that hunt with them.  Apparently the poster knows very little about firearms.

Wrong again NOTHAPPENING!

You don't need to be a firearms expert to realize the obvious FACT that a mass killing weapon designed for military use is most certainly a military grade weapon ..... thus not intended for civilian use.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 110 of 162

@myexper wrote:

Did I say anything about banning AR-15s?  My comment was my perspective that those who don't own any as attempting to force views on others.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors