Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Reply
Info Seeker
0
Kudos
147
Views

Re: Bernie Sanders town hall

147 Views
Message 51 of 75

FACTS ARE THIS - This Country SUPPORTS far too many people who could be working but won't, and sucks up to people who shouldn't be here at all.  This has caused those of us who hate supporting losers to find ways to keep more of what we earn.  Because those who take don't give back, we can't do everything we need to do.  Taking from the rich and giving to the poor, DOES NOT WORK. I do not understand how anyone with half a brain does not know this.  Building homeless camps WILL NOT inspire the homeless to DO anything!  Fact is, it inspires homeless to invite more homeless in.  WHAT WE NEED, is TIGHTER rules for receiving free stuff - as it is now, nobody ever checks what people do with free money.  Illegals NEVER should get anything here, we should NOT print anything in any languages unless they pay extra to have it made, eliminate "perks" from government, and random drug tests for welfare rats.  All death row inmates serve their sentence after 6 months, no exceptions.  Inmates must pay for extras other than food, medical, and water.  There are hundreds of ways we COULD spend less on people who will never give back, but we are too "afraid" to upset anyone.  Democrats will NEVER say this, but THEY don't want to put out more than they already do either - they obviously are completely ignorant as to WHERE money comes from - 2% of the population CANNOT support all of the takers now - they can't support MORE later!!! 

 

Too many lazy takers enabled by the over emotional insecure fools is the problem, and it's a huge problem.  You cannot make things "equal", because a taker and a giver are complete opposites.  The idea of doing that is as stupid as using bleach to go from black to white!!! 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
147
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
160
Views

Re: Bernie Sanders town hall

160 Views
Message 52 of 75

So our Far Right Trump Supporting Posters are ok with our Insanely Wealthy hiding Trillions of Dollars Totally Tax Free in the Cayman Islands ? Badly needed Tax Dollars to support our Infrastructure , Schools , Police , Fire , Hospitals , Senior Care. 

Sanders wants to end this Plutocratic Greed and demand they pay their fair share. It's the least they can do to thank our Great Nation for the Good Fortune they were rewarded.

 

What is this ? Make the Cayman Islands Great Again ?

 

Supporting that kind of Greed will destroy any Republic !!

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
160
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
148
Views

Re: Bernie Sanders town hall

148 Views
Message 53 of 75
Soosie asked..

.@Richva, can you better explain why you think the absurd inequalities exist today? Is it because of taxes, our culture, different levels of ambition, personal drive or skills, pure luck or some other reason?

===============================================================

That is a good question and I hope you get a reasonable answer, which I doubt.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
148
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
145
Views

Re: Bernie Sanders town hall

145 Views
Message 54 of 75

NOTHAPPENING:  Liberals have been absorbing all the wealth that conservatives have been bleeding.

 

 

Does that include the parasitic red states that can enjoy lower taxation as long as they have their snouts in the Federal trough taking tax dollars generated by blue states? ROFL

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
145
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
143
Views

Re: Bernie Sanders town hall

143 Views
Message 55 of 75

Controlled42010:  Equal wealth is not achievable in this egotistical/narcissistic society that has always been. I assume you are okay with the massive "welfare" our democracy receives with it's lobbyist and government handouts called "gifts" many lawmakers receive along with their paychecks? It's so sad, imo, that far too many are okay with this type of system instead of giving a fair shot and a hand up to those who never were in the "silver spoon society". 

 

 

I agree. Many discount all the obstacles at a fair shot and seem to think anyone could be the next Jeff Bezos if they'd just get off their backsides and try harder. It's nuts to think anyone born in this country has exactly the same chance at wealth as anyone else.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
143
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
131
Views

Re: Bernie Sanders town hall

131 Views
Message 56 of 75

@Panjandrum wrote:

NOTHAPPENING: 

 

Your post sounds like the "solution" is redistribution of the wealth? Where have I heard that before?

 

 

 

Conservatives have been redistributing wealth upwards for years. Do you have a problem with that as well?


Liberals have been absorbing all the wealth that conservatives have been bleeding.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
131
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
130
Views

Re: Bernie Sanders town hall

130 Views
Message 57 of 75

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

In my opinion, many of the right do not have the capability of accepting that change is needed and you have to have a starting point to think out of the BOX (dogma).  I hear how they want to continue down this path that the Citizens United decision has created; a system of the lobby industry runs the country and pushes more into the lower classes....far too many only living paycheck to paycheck with little or no savings and retirement programs are unobtainable.  Thanks to you all who love to sit back, criticize and watch the generations after you struggle in the world that you also helped create. You may be surprised at the younger generations deep concern for the environment, economy and the social welfare of this country. They know it is time for equality, fair justice and a sustainable environment.


Your post sounds like the "solution" is redistribution of the wealth? Where have I heard that before?


With all due respect, I ask what is your solution?  Is it something I probably have already heard?


I would say that most likely you have heard this "solution" many times. The federal government should be as small as possible and interfere the minimum possible. It should foster success by working hard and educating yourself. It should not get in the way of those goals by punitive taxes, discouraging hard work/success. It should NOT reward people for being lazy and NOT working unless unable to work by disability. It should not solve all problems. It should have an immigration system that works (not working now). It should not rely on taxes to solve all problems (Climate Change).

 

Equality does not mean equal wealth!


Equal wealth is not achievable in this egotistical/narcissistic society that has always been. I assume you are okay with the massive "welfare" our democracy receives with it's lobbyist and government handouts called "gifts" many lawmakers receive along with their paychecks? It's so sad, imo, that far too many are okay with this type of system instead of giving a fair shot and a hand up to those who never were in the "silver spoon society".  Spending money that the government receives on much needed infrastructures improvements while also training and giving employment opportunity to better prepare our land, seas and air, is just a waste to far too many.  Changes are coming....check out all the natural disasters that have been occurring....so you wouldn't want the government to help your community in such instances, right? I assume you would rather everyone just take care of their own instead of the community? Better watch out, because Lord knows we have a whole lot of those ambulance chaser lawyers who will be quick to sue those wealthy people for any mishaps. Finally, why is it we are now hearing from some of the most wealthiest that they believe the system is not fair and the rich should indeed be taxed more? I'd say, yep, we are on your due course!


I'm OK with eliminating all handouts but not OK redistributing wealth. You can't fix the Climate (or anything else) by excessive taxation! You are listening to the wealthy liberals who claim to want to be poor but are lying.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
130
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
130
Views

Re: Bernie Sanders town hall

130 Views
Message 58 of 75

NOTHAPPENING: 

 

Your post sounds like the "solution" is redistribution of the wealth? Where have I heard that before?

 

 

 

Conservatives have been redistributing wealth upwards for years. Do you have a problem with that as well?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
130
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
131
Views

Re: Bernie Sanders town hall

131 Views
Message 59 of 75

@Richva wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

OK... So what is the acceptable rate?

 

 


I think you are approaching it the wrong way. First, we determine the nations needs in education, housing, health care, defense, etc. That gives us a budget. Then we  put together a simple spreadsheet with the percentage of wealth and income each income level receives. Then you multiply the percentage by the dollars needed and OH LOOK, the upper 1% has to pick up 90% of the bill. 

 

Seems fair to me.  (Republicans just love bumper sticker solutions, don't they?)


While some of what you say is true.... the government receives an "allowance" from taxpayers and redistributes wealth.  The needs of the constituants provided by government have priorities and limits... just like you and me. 

 

The constitution outlines in general terms what those are in the Preamble. They are, justice, order, defense, safety and health in that order.  

 

I do not believe the government should be the overseer of all essential services especially at local levels. For instance education is not a government responsibility. As we move beyond the scope of the preamble we clearly are moving "more" towards socialism. 

 

Back to ole Bern. He said the effective rate for the wealthy should be 52%

He also said medicare for all would be a neutral dollar program. I believe in universal health care... and I also believe eventually we will have it. What I don't want is Federal Government to control health care. I wouldn't oppose states or regions forming a common consortium of sorts. 

 


"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
131
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
132
Views

Re: Bernie Sanders town hall

132 Views
Message 60 of 75

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

In my opinion, many of the right do not have the capability of accepting that change is needed and you have to have a starting point to think out of the BOX (dogma).  I hear how they want to continue down this path that the Citizens United decision has created; a system of the lobby industry runs the country and pushes more into the lower classes....far too many only living paycheck to paycheck with little or no savings and retirement programs are unobtainable.  Thanks to you all who love to sit back, criticize and watch the generations after you struggle in the world that you also helped create. You may be surprised at the younger generations deep concern for the environment, economy and the social welfare of this country. They know it is time for equality, fair justice and a sustainable environment.


Your post sounds like the "solution" is redistribution of the wealth? Where have I heard that before?


With all due respect, I ask what is your solution?  Is it something I probably have already heard?


I would say that most likely you have heard this "solution" many times. The federal government should be as small as possible and interfere the minimum possible. It should foster success by working hard and educating yourself. It should not get in the way of those goals by punitive taxes, discouraging hard work/success. It should NOT reward people for being lazy and NOT working unless unable to work by disability. It should not solve all problems. It should have an immigration system that works (not working now). It should not rely on taxes to solve all problems (Climate Change).

 

Equality does not mean equal wealth!


Equal wealth is not achievable in this egotistical/narcissistic society that has always been. I assume you are okay with the massive "welfare" our democracy receives with it's lobbyist and government handouts called "gifts" many lawmakers receive along with their paychecks? It's so sad, imo, that far too many are okay with this type of system instead of giving a fair shot and a hand up to those who never were in the "silver spoon society".  Spending money that the government receives on much needed infrastructures improvements while also training and giving employment opportunity to better prepare our land, seas and air, is just a waste to far too many.  Changes are coming....check out all the natural disasters that have been occurring....so you wouldn't want the government to help your community in such instances, right? I assume you would rather everyone just take care of their own instead of the community? Better watch out, because Lord knows we have a whole lot of those ambulance chaser lawyers who will be quick to sue those wealthy people for any mishaps. Finally, why is it we are now hearing from some of the most wealthiest that they believe the system is not fair and the rich should indeed be taxed more? I'd say, yep, we are on your due course!

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
132
Views