Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Bernie Sanders town hall

Message 41 of 75

No Defense for hiding Trillions of Dollars inTax Free Oversea's Accounts that benefit the Cayman Islands and not your own Nation. The Nation that you were raised in and  gave you the Great Oportunities with great Freedoms , Schools , Hospitals , Police , Fire , Roadways , Bridges , etc etc.  That Greed is OK ?

Make Cayman Islands Great Again !!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 75

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

In my opinion, many of the right do not have the capability of accepting that change is needed and you have to have a starting point to think out of the BOX (dogma).  I hear how they want to continue down this path that the Citizens United decision has created; a system of the lobby industry runs the country and pushes more into the lower classes....far too many only living paycheck to paycheck with little or no savings and retirement programs are unobtainable.  Thanks to you all who love to sit back, criticize and watch the generations after you struggle in the world that you also helped create. You may be surprised at the younger generations deep concern for the environment, economy and the social welfare of this country. They know it is time for equality, fair justice and a sustainable environment.

Your post sounds like the "solution" is redistribution of the wealth? Where have I heard that before?

With all due respect, I ask what is your solution?  Is it something I probably have already heard?

The GOPerBase is still thinking there will be a dribble down showering them with the same purchasing power their grandpa had in 1964, along with ever improving infrastructure including public "amenities" like parks transportation and swimming pools and summer youth programs, and all they need to do to get it BACK is to cut more taxes for the Uberrich and Corporations.

Beyond that, they will tell you the huge redistribution of income and wealth from the Reagan Taxscam is because the top 10% (esp the top 1%) has become that much smarter and harder working than the bottom 90%, so if we're not doing better than you parents did, its because we're stupid and lazy with Commie tendencies.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 75

@Richva wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Even though there are obviously some Welfare Cheats - TWO WRONGS DONT MAKE IT RIGHT by accepting our Wealthy to hide Trillions of Tax Dollars in Oversea's Accounts that OUR Schools , Police , Fire , Hospitals , Infrastructure and Senior's (who worked their whole lives) desperately need to help support this Great Nation.

But blaming a Few Welfare Cheats is a Cop Out IMHO. The Insanely Wealthy should know better and be thankful to live in such a Great Nation.

When I was in college, I had a Finance professor who loved to point out how much money we spent trying to police welfare cheats. He also pointed out how often the people we would label as cheats knew how to get around the system where the honest folks would lose benefits because they did not. His idea was a guaranteed minimum income for every American If some able bodied loser was willing to live on that stipend, let them.  We would save billions by eliminating all that bureaucracy. 

Your finance professor should have got an F- when in college. He obviously is a Democrat.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 75

@Tom5678 wrote:
then how do we fix the climate. I am all ears.

Solution for the left: Raise taxes on those already getting gouged with federal this tax and that tax and the climate is saved (by declaration)!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 75

@Panjandrum wrote:

NOTHAPPENING:  Liberals have been absorbing all the wealth that conservatives have been bleeding.

Does that include the parasitic red states that can enjoy lower taxation as long as they have their snouts in the Federal trough taking tax dollars generated by blue states? ROFL

Hint for the left: states don't get taxed but people do!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 75

@mandm84 wrote:

Even though there are obviously some Welfare Cheats - TWO WRONGS DONT MAKE IT RIGHT by accepting our Wealthy to hide Trillions of Tax Dollars in Oversea's Accounts that OUR Schools , Police , Fire , Hospitals , Infrastructure and Senior's (who worked their whole lives) desperately need to help support this Great Nation.

But blaming a Few Welfare Cheats is a Cop Out IMHO. The Insanely Wealthy should know better and be thankful to live in such a Great Nation.

When I was in college, I had a Finance professor who loved to point out how much money we spent trying to police welfare cheats. He also pointed out how often the people we would label as cheats knew how to get around the system where the honest folks would lose benefits because they did not. His idea was a guaranteed minimum income for every American If some able bodied loser was willing to live on that stipend, let them.  We would save billions by eliminating all that bureaucracy. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 75

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 75
then how do we fix the climate. I am all ears.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 75

cf91418416 says "FACTS ARE THIS -"

--------------------

Let's hear " Facts " when you start out with "FACTS ARE THIS" not your biased opinion backed by NO FACTS.

Are you blaming Welfare ? Where's your FACTS ?

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 75

@cf91418416 wrote:

FACTS ARE THIS - This Country SUPPORTS far too many people who could be working but won't, and sucks up to people who shouldn't be here at all.  This has caused those of us who hate supporting losers to find ways to keep more of what we earn.  Because those who take don't give back, we can't do everything we need to do.  Taking from the rich and giving to the poor, DOES NOT WORK. I do not understand how anyone with half a brain does not know this.  Building homeless camps WILL NOT inspire the homeless to DO anything!  Fact is, it inspires homeless to invite more homeless in.  WHAT WE NEED, is TIGHTER rules for receiving free stuff - as it is now, nobody ever checks what people do with free money.  Illegals NEVER should get anything here, we should NOT print anything in any languages unless they pay extra to have it made, eliminate "perks" from government, and random drug tests for welfare rats.  All death row inmates serve their sentence after 6 months, no exceptions.  Inmates must pay for extras other than food, medical, and water.  There are hundreds of ways we COULD spend less on people who will never give back, but we are too "afraid" to upset anyone.  Democrats will NEVER say this, but THEY don't want to put out more than they already do either - they obviously are completely ignorant as to WHERE money comes from - 2% of the population CANNOT support all of the takers now - they can't support MORE later!!! 

Too many lazy takers enabled by the over emotional insecure fools is the problem, and it's a huge problem.  You cannot make things "equal", because a taker and a giver are complete opposites.  The idea of doing that is as stupid as using bleach to go from black to white!!! 

Your very last statement speaks VOLUMES!!!!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors