Bernie Can Beat Trump, Primary Voters Know It

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Bernie Can Beat Trump, Primary Voters Know It

Message 11 of 87

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Once again, Not Happening is wrong. This time it's his myth that the government can't do anything right. The facts (which Trump Cult members ignore) are very clear, Medicare is the most cost efficient health care system in America. 

In addition, 75% of Americans approve of Medicare. So much for another right wing myth.

I'm not talking about Medicare for All, I'm talking about the current Medicaer system.

You just forgot one phrase, Once again, "in my personal opinion", nothappening is wrong.

We know your liberal opinion and that is my conservative opinion!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Bernie Can Beat Trump, Primary Voters Know It

Message 12 of 87

Once again, Not Happening is wrong. This time it's his myth that the government can't do anything right. The facts (which Trump Cult members ignore) are very clear, Medicare is the most cost efficient health care system in America. 

In addition, 75% of seniors approve of Medicare. So much for another right wing myth.

I'm not talking about Medicare for All, I'm talking about the current Medicare system.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 87

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All Bernie's plans are paid for in spades by the wealthy people.  The more you make (or have), the more you pay.  You need to know your candidate! If fact, all Democrat plans have the same theme - the more you make, the less you get!

Thank you for showing that you haven't read Bernie's plan.

You don't even know that Bernie's plan covers illegal aliens in his Medicaid for All plan.  Do you expect to get the same level of healthcare as you now get with private plans?  If you do, take a good look at the VA which has improved but far inferior service than one would get with the private system.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 87

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All Bernie's plans are paid for in spades by the wealthy people.  The more you make (or have), the more you pay.  You need to know your candidate! If fact, all Democrat plans have the same theme - the more you make, the less you get!

Thank you for showing that you haven't read Bernie's plan.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 87

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

And that would make the "something for nothing" crowd happy!

Another erroneous claim. Highways weren't "for nothing", Social Security isn't "for nothing", Medicare isn't "for nothing", our infrastructure isn't "for nothing", public school isn't "for nothing", neither would anything that Bernie wants for America "for nothing", it's tax based.

True all highways are funded by gasoline taxes, SS is paid for all your working life and then you collect a (taxed) sum of money that you would have been better off investing, school is paid for by real estate taxes (in spades).  Bernie wants Medicare for All (including illegal aliens).  Maybe Bernie should take a look at the overwhelming support he has from his union workers who have good insurance and about to receive Bernie (bad) insurance. All the Dem candidates have this free goodies bankrupting the country attitude.

Maybe you should read his plan instead of making false claims about his plan.

The "Bernie plan" costs per person is based on wealth or income so I am against it!  When you purchase a new car, do they ask you for your last years 1040 form from the government to determine the price?  I'm sure Bernie's plan would.

It would entail an income tax increase of a yearly amount that is a fraction of what a person pays in insurance premiums in a year. It would entail an employer paying a 6% payroll tax. Also, there would be far less yearly in copays and deductibles. I guess you didn't study things very closely.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 87

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Another erroneous claim. Highways weren't "for nothing", Social Security isn't "for nothing", Medicare isn't "for nothing", our infrastructure isn't "for nothing", public school isn't "for nothing", neither would anything that Bernie wants for America "for nothing", it's tax based.

True all highways are funded by gasoline taxes, SS is paid for all your working life and then you collect a (taxed) sum of money that you would have been better off investing, school is paid for by real estate taxes (in spades).  Bernie wants Medicare for All (including illegal aliens).  Maybe Bernie should take a look at the overwhelming support he has from his union workers who have good insurance and about to receive Bernie (bad) insurance. All the Dem candidates have this free goodies bankrupting the country attitude.

The "Bernie plan" costs per person is based on wealth or income so I am against it!  When you purchase a new car, do they ask you for your last years 1040 form from the government to determine the price?  I'm sure Bernie's plan would.

It would entail an income tax increase of a yearly amount that is a fraction of what a person pays in insurance premiums in a year. It would entail an employer paying a 6% payroll tax. Also, there would be far less yearly in copays and deductibles. I guess you didn't study things very closely.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 87

The DNC had better get its electoral college map figured out. You can bet the Trump campaign and the RNC have theirs.

If Sanders is the nominee, you can kiss Texas' 38 electoral votes goodbye. Any hopes of turning the state blue or even a deeper shade of purple will be gone.

Clinton fared better in the 2016 general election than Obama in 2012. In the D-primary, Clinton won 65.19% to Sanders 33.19%.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 87

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 87

There is this great big gray, 78-year-old elephant who just had a heart attack rampaging through the living room and no one else sees him?

It doesn't matter what Bernie's policies are, his health is too fragile to risk voting for. Stress kills and Bernie's shooting for the most stressful job on the planet. This is a fascinating discussion but it's moot. It's academic. Can you really vote for a guy who will be 80+ years-old in his first term trying to fix Trump's horror show? I can't.

No Bernie, no Bloomberg, no Biden, I'm fed up with 70+ year-old white guys. Enough. There are better ways to go. It's not like the Democrats are short of candidates.

"The buck stops here." Harry S Truman
"I don't take responsibility at all." Donald J. Trump
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 87

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.