Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Before You Judge.....

Message 1 of 18

@Centristsin2010

Very good point Cent, more than telling. Lack of compassion. Small wonder that trump and the zombie repubs enact no legislation to promote good programs for regular citizens. Case in point, let’s give those “poor” wealthy folks another 100 billion in tax breaks...that one, let’s definitely judge...not looking out for the little guys, gals, and kids!

nothing good to say about trump!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 18

Of course it was apolitical until the addition of expensive suits, Oligarchs, Kluxers, Der Trumper, Putin, etc. etc. etc.

Up to that point it was just self-aggrandizing.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 18

Of course the topic was apolitical as you pointed out, Scout; that was the point!

It's a topic providing both "sides" of the political divide an opportunity to agree and come together on an issue about preconceived beliefs and choosing not to consider the opportunities.  As said before, others have wanted "good story" topics and topics that aren't divisive.  Is it telling that only one "side" responded thoughtfully?  Maybe it is.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 18

The YouTube was apolitical, wingers wish it could be warped to chasten critics of Der Trumper's words and deeds.

Der Trumper appears in $6,000 Italian suits with ties he tried to sell for $100 (but you can get on eBay for 3bucks) and a combover that probably cost more than the suit.

Nobody hates Der Trumper because of the way he dresses.

Everyone with at least half a brain hates Der Trumper for what he DOES - promotes violence, redistributes trillions from the middle class to the Corporate Oligarchs, praises Nazis, KKK and White Supremacists at his rallies, insults the disabled, destroys American jobs with moronic tariffs, kiddnaps refugee children and sends them to be tortured by people he pays $960/kid/day, choses Putin over our own Intelligence services, and STILL insists "it could've been someone else" and after his stupidity costs bean farmers $12 Billion, tries to bail them out with tax dollars. The list goes on and on and on - all very good reasons to hate the man who is destroying our democracy and turning America into a totally divided Nation.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 18

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Is anyone surprised that those who complain about the "hatred" and/or divisiness in this country, or complain there is "no good news" posted on this forum, have ignored/chosen not to respond to this thread.  There doesn't seem to be anything to disagree with; or is there?

I am not surprised that such a positive message would be used to judge and attack others. To some, anything can be a weapon.

Who is being judged and attacked other than the poster you responded to here?

Yes - a person who uses a positive message as a weapon.

I don't see anyone "using a weapon" here; unless one considers stupidity a weapon.  But thankfully, no one gets hurt.

Would it help if I included the implied word "verbal"?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 18

I dislike change, you know the metal coins that you get when you buy stuff with cash.     I do save some of it, because the bus from my area to downtown is $0.65 one way.    So I do keep reserve some coins for that, but otherwise:   I put it in a cupholder in my car - afterall Donald said that heavier cars are less risky.      

At most major freeway entrance cross streets with stop lights, I can see homeless folks asking for change.   Most times I ignore them, until - one actually looks directly at me and engages me with a smile or wave....I then donate whatever is collected.     That is a human dignity factor that I can make quickly and with no real effort, because I am not alone, ie there are a bunch of other drivers watching / waiting.   

What that brief U-tube showed was that when we constantly look away, we miss out on human encounters that make us more human.     I don't know if that is part of getting older or what, but it makes for a much better day to have human interations with people we don't know, because one can never learn if they stay inside their own bubble.   

Thanks for this wonderful reminder of BEING HUMAN.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 18

I think that most of us judge, I do and I admit it. I do try to be fair. 

I think that we make short term judgements and long term judgements. We also have criteria that we base our judgements on. When considered with others judgements, we have similarities and differences. I think that we have a plus column and a minus column. 

I will use trump as an example, who we now have a long term view of his actions. And I do judge him. It is not based on hate, but based on the 

plus / minus criteria. In the present view and over the last 2 years, trump represents absolutely nothing in my plus column. But, in fairness, I have tried to find something positive, but cannot. 

This judgement is based on what we are witness to every day. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 18

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Is anyone surprised that those who complain about the "hatred" and/or divisiness in this country, or complain there is "no good news" posted on this forum, have ignored/chosen not to respond to this thread.  There doesn't seem to be anything to disagree with; or is there?

I am not surprised that such a positive message would be used to judge and attack others. To some, anything can be a weapon.

Yes - a person who uses a positve message as a weapon.

I don't see anyone "using a weapon" here; unless one considers stupidity a weapon.  But thankfully, no one gets hurt.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 18

@Olderscout66 wrote:

AMAZING! A GOPer thinks it is WRONG to like this video because it exposes the depravity of those who judge others based on their appearance.

Instead we must support those in $6,000 Italian suits who kiddnap and abuse refugee children, call them murderers and rapists and tell them they live in places the monitors on this site will not even allow us to repeat.

I saw now GOPer or anyone else say it is fine to judge one one their appearance. On the other hand, there is the strange comment about $6,000 suits.

Are you by any chance referring to those bleephole places that the citizens are fleeing?? What would you call them, "Paradise on earth"?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 18

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Yes - a person who uses a positve message as a weapon.

Kudos
Views