It’s open enrollment season for Affordable Care Act health insurance! Here are 11 things you need to know.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Bed Bath and Beyond drops Trump-brand merchandise

Message 51 of 68

The only reason that I wouldn't buy Trump's brand in a Bed and Beyond is because it is probably too expensive and made in China. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 68

Reconsidering?  Oh great if this is true no I won't be able to go there anymore!!  That's OK I'm like a little Donnie, I've outgrown the need for diaper bags!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 68

@nctarheel wrote:

So, are you saying that because someone's a merchant, their 1st Amendment rights should be squashed for the "greater good".

What a merchant carries should be their sole decision; if it doesn't sell then they'll pay the ultimate price anyway.

--

Did you actually read what I said in that post?  "Merchants or retail chains shouldn't carry items based on political or any other type boycotts". If you did, you would actually find that is what I said. 

The topic is that there is pressure for stores not to carry anything associated with the Trump name, but it is a business decision for the owners to decide. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Good call.  Merchants or retail chains shouldn't carry items based on political or any other type boycotts.  Same way with sports teams, etc attempting to control laws or political matters.  Such boycotts should be covered under the RICO statues.

So, are you saying that because someone's a merchant, their 1st Amendment rights should be squashed for the "greater good".

What a merchant carries should be their sole decision; if it doesn't sell then they'll pay the ultimate price anyway.

If you really believe your point above, do you believe that merchants have the "right" to be closed on Sundays, put full page religious ads in newspapers, and not offer contraception coverage with their insurance.... say along the lines of a HOBBY LOBBY?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 68

@easyed598 wrote:

The retailer clarified, "We are not making our merchandising decisions based on anyone's political beliefs. We have Ivanka Trump products in some stores and carry them whereconsumer demand and business performance justifies it. Bed Bath & Beyond strives to provide our customers with a wide variety of high quality product choices across our businesses that fit their varying preferences

--

Good call.  Merchants or retail chains shouldn't carry items based on political or any other type boycotts.  Same way with sports teams, etc attempting to control laws or political matters.  Such boycotts should be covered under the RICO statues.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 68

@easyed598 wrote:

"We want to apologize for recent confusion caused by one of our customer service representatives," the publicly traded, New Jersey-based company said in a statement late Saturday afternoon. "Our customer service representative inadvertently provided information to a customer that was not accurate."

The retailer clarified, "We are not making our merchandising decisions based on anyone's political beliefs. We have Ivanka Trump products in some stores and carry them whereconsumer demand and business performance justifies it. Bed Bath & Beyond strives to provide our customers with a wide variety of high quality product choices across our businesses that fit their varying preferences

I wonder if  financially supporting the President's daughter could be considered a political act?  Must be as we are discussing it on this forum. Another case of Trump picking winners and losers ?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 68

"We want to apologize for recent confusion caused by one of our customer service representatives," the publicly traded, New Jersey-based company said in a statement late Saturday afternoon. "Our customer service representative inadvertently provided information to a customer that was not accurate."

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 68

@easyed598 wrote:

Latest new about this topic -Bed Bath and Beyond  have reconsidered and won`t drop  Trump line. Good thing ,because I am a frequent customer and friend of manager at local Bed Bath and Beyond and would hate to see him lose my business. Makes you wonder why Businesses  want to alienate half their customer base when they get involved in politics.

I wondered the same thing when I saw them advertising Donald Trump in a positive manner. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 68

Latest new about this topic -Bed Bath and Beyond  have reconsidered and won`t drop  Trump line. Good thing ,because I am a frequent customer and friend of manager at local Bed Bath and Beyond and would hate to see him lose my business. Makes you wonder why Businesses  want to alienate half their customer base when they get involved in politics.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 68

Myexper-- but then who carries Sean's??

Seriously, The Trump name has a very negative and disgraceful connotation.  I wouldn't want my business connected in any way with that horrible name.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs