Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Bed Bath and Beyond drops Trump-brand merchandise

Message 11 of 68

It's all a business decision.

First, for whatever reasons, sales/profits/etc have been judged to be unacceptable, causing the line to be dropped.

Second, there have been communications to businesses saying that the business would not be patronized as long as a certain line was carried.  

Remember what happened to Paula Deen's lines of merchadise when her racist statements became known nationwide?

Those are facts of the business world.

Not fair or equitable - but that's how things are.

Retail sales has been this way for the history of this nation, for dozens of centuries worldwide, and will continue - even if a tiny-fingered vulgarian momser and his obsequiously fawning sycophants disapprove...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 68

@myexper wrote:

It has to do with your assertion (in "the discussion") that if a store had what you wanted "and at decent prices, you could find no reason not to shop there."

So, relative to that assertion (in "the discussion"), I asked you if you would feel the same if that store was owned by Hillary.

But instead of answering the question, you evaded it with an accusatory question ..... avoiding a response which would likely render your assertion negated.

--

But what does what you posted have to do with the topic?  Was it to engage in discussion or attempt to create dissension?  In my opinion it could be considered an attempt to bait.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 68

@pc6063 wrote:

tx-Yes, but you don't go around the country as the president of the US saying that importing items from other countries is terrible and has to stop, right?  You're good, Trump is a hypocrite.

--

So what items are we talking about?  I thought this was about what a chain of retail stores was carrying.   Besides the discussion isn't about the President.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 68

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I find it amusingly ironic that you insert Hillary into most discussions about Trump yet complain when someone does that to you. What comes around goes around.

--

But of course this isn't about politicians, but about a company.  A poster attempted to make it about her, when the discussion is about Bed, Bath and Beyond.  So you can't add to that discussion but attempting to insert dissension?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

Even if the store was owned by Hillary?

--

What does she have to do with the discussion?

It has to do with your assertion (in "the discussion") that if a store had what you wanted "and at decent prices, you could find no reason not to shop there."

So, relative to that assertion (in "the discussion"), I asked you if you would feel the same if that store was owned by Hillary.

But instead of answering the question, you evaded it with an accusatory question ..... avoiding a response which would likely render your assertion negated.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 68

tx-Yes, but you don't go around the country as the president of the US saying that importing items from other countries is terrible and has to stop, right?  You're good, Trump is a hypocrite.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I find it amusingly ironic that you insert Hillary into most discussions about trump yet complain when someone does that to you. What comes around goes around.

--

Perhaps you might find it amusing that it was the poster I replied to who brought Hillary into the discussion.  And this topic is about a company, not about a political figure.

I repeat:  

I find it amusingly ironic that you insert Hillary into most discussions about Trump yet complain when someone does that to you. What comes around goes around.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 68

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I find it amusingly ironic that you insert Hillary into most discussions about trump yet complain when someone does that to you. What comes around goes around.

--

Perhaps you might find it amusing that it was the poster I replied to who brought Hillary into the discussion.  And this topic is about a company, not about a political figure.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 68

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Meetup.com has facilitated hundreds of local Indivisible meetup groups which share information with the larger organization. 

"Message me information on this."

---

https://www.meetup.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meetup_(website)

https://www.facebook.com/meetup/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenrosenbaum/2017/02/09/meetup-take-a-stand-trump/#41a91a8e2fe6

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/meetup#/entity

You're welcome, no need for thanks.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

--

Aren't you the one complaining when she is mentioned in a post on another topic?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs