Baltimore Removes 4 Confederate Statues Last Night

Reply
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
290
Views

Re: Baltimore Removes 4 Confederate Statues Last Night

290 Views
Message 21 of 63

@Roxanna35 wrote:



@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Remember who else removed/destroy historic monuments, etc that was unpleasant to their thinking?

 

 

 


And yet, no conservatives extended this argument of "history" when they were pulling down statues of Saddam or Lenin. Somehow it only becomes an argument when the monuments to people who's ONLY accomplishment was to fight in a war to own the people who live around the monuments. 


Wait a minute!!!!!!! Please!!!!!! are we all going crazy here?
Are we now equating Robert E Lee and Sadam Hussein?

Are you sure that you really mean what you have written?

Have we have gotten so divided that all reason has been thrown down the toilet?

Are you really sure that this is the path that you all want to follow?

Frankly, I think that the time has come that Trump needs to leave. He has done more harm to this country that perhaps this country can take.
Before is too late, this man has to go.

We as Americans cannot continue to be as divided as we seem to be today.

I hope that Congress and its leaders now really see what is happening in this country and put a stop to all of this.


I think you may have misinterpreted the point.  If it is history you are preserving with these statues, then the ones of Saddam and Lenin are equally historical if not more so. Yet there was no outcry when they were removed from the same conservatives who are decrying the removal of Confederate statues. 

 

I have no interest in doing a compare and contrast of the two men. The only similarity I see is that the statues of each should be removed. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
290
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
286
Views

Re: Baltimore Removes 4 Confederate Statues Last Night

286 Views
Message 22 of 63

@Roxanna35 wrote:




Wait a minute!!!!!!! Please!!!!!! are we all going crazy here?
Are we now equating Robert E Lee and Sadam Hussein?

Are you sure that you really mean what you have written?

Have we have gotten so divided that all reason has been thrown down the toilet?


 


Just an attempt to confuse the issue along with the other frivolous remarks attempting to sidetrack discussions.  And yes, all of this comes across as an attempt to divide and conquer along with the political rhetoric.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
286
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
285
Views

Re: Baltimore Removes 4 Confederate Statues Last Night

285 Views
Message 23 of 63



@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Remember who else removed/destroy historic monuments, etc that was unpleasant to their thinking?

 

 

 


And yet, no conservatives extended this argument of "history" when they were pulling down statues of Saddam or Lenin. Somehow it only becomes an argument when the monuments to people who's ONLY accomplishment was to fight in a war to own the people who live around the monuments. 


Wait a minute!!!!!!! Please!!!!!! are we all going crazy here?
Are we now equating Robert E Lee and Sadam Hussein?

Are you sure that you really mean what you have written?

Have we have gotten so divided that all reason has been thrown down the toilet?

Are you really sure that this is the path that you all want to follow?

Frankly, I think that the time has come that Trump needs to leave. He has done more harm to this country that perhaps this country can take.
Before is too late, this man has to go.

We as Americans cannot continue to be as divided as we seem to be today.

I hope that Congress and its leaders now really see what is happening in this country and put a stop to all of this.

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
285
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
274
Views

Re: Baltimore Removes 4 Confederate Statues Last Night

274 Views
Message 24 of 63

@Richva wrote:



And yet, no conservatives extended this argument of "history" when they were pulling down statues of Saddam


The United States Army was involved in removing statues of Saddam.  Remember that on TV where the tank crew wrapped a strap around it and then erected an American flag, but then removed it and put up an Iraqi flag (probably on orders from above).

 

Since you mentioned Lenin, one statue was exported to the United States and erected in Seattle.  So statues of Lenin is prefered over those of the Civil War?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
274
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
278
Views

Re: Baltimore Removes 4 Confederate Statues Last Night

278 Views
Message 25 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Remember who else removed/destroy historic monuments, etc that was unpleasant to their thinking?

 

 

 


And yet, no conservatives extended this argument of "history" when they were pulling down statues of Saddam or Lenin. Somehow it only becomes an argument when the monuments to people who's ONLY accomplishment was to fight in a war to own the people who live around the monuments. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
278
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
281
Views

Re: Baltimore Removes 4 Confederate Statues Last Night

281 Views
Message 26 of 63

Image result for cartoons about removing monuments


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
281
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
271
Views

Re: Baltimore Removes 4 Confederate Statues Last Night

271 Views
Message 27 of 63

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Baltimore hauls away four Confederate monuments after overnight removal

 

Crews removed Baltimore’s Confederate statues early Wednesday, days after the deadly unrest in Charlottesville instigated by white nationalists rallying to defend a downtown Confederate monument.

 

The quiet and sudden removal of four monuments

 

 


Social change yes... How will our great great great grandchildren know what took place after the progressives erase the reality of actual history?

 

 

 

 Amazing that so many have gotten so blind that they don't see their own extremists attitude.  Oh, I think they do.

Let's not confuse the actions of the Alt Right, KKK and White Nationalists with any of this. They have not place in this country.  No, they don't.

But those men that fought in the Civil War do. they fought for what at that time they thought was right. and they lost.  They were the extremists of the day, rker.  Why make them hero's?  Do you believe the "Alt-Right", the KKK and the Nazi's aren't fighting what they think is right?  Have you see this video?

 

Charlottesville August 11-12 2017

 

They are part of our history. So are the "Alt-Right", the KKK and the Nazi's.  they cannot be erased as if if didn't happen. Removing monuments is not erasing anything.  Why do you claim it is?  own your history, and leave it so that we all learn and make a better future.  Want a statue of Castro in your front yard?  Probably not.  One's history doesn't need to be shoved in our faces, just like religion.  When I want religion, I do so in my own home, or go to church.  If I want history, I can go on-line and review it, or open a book in my library, or turn on the history channel, or go to a museam.  I don't need it our park. Those who claim otherwise, just don't "get it".


Let us not be led by extremists of any kind. Like those who claim we are erasing history by removing a monument?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
271
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
265
Views

Re: Baltimore Removes 4 Confederate Statues Last Night

265 Views
Message 28 of 63

   Words do matter:    according to some:  remove = destroyed.    

   Perhaps they need a dictionary.    

 

    The Confederate Statues that were removed in Baltimore were not destroyed, merely removed.   So unless someone sitting in TX is now telling us that they know exactly what the City of Baltimore is planning for those statues, then perhaps this is another "blowing smoke" entry. 

 

    Did the naysayer know who Taney was before the KKK, NeoNazi and White Nationalist / Supremist / Separatists went to Charlottesville, VA?      

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
265
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
269
Views

Re: Baltimore Removes 4 Confederate Statues Last Night

269 Views
Message 29 of 63

Remember who else removed/destroy historic monuments, etc that was unpleasant to their thinking?

 

 

 

http://robertariail.com/

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
269
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
278
Views

Re: Baltimore Removes 4 Confederate Statues Last Night

278 Views
Message 30 of 63

@NerdyMom wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Baltimore hauls away four Confederate monuments after overnight removal

 

Crews removed Baltimore’s Confederate statues early Wednesday, days after the deadly unrest in Charlottesville instigated by white nationalists rallying to defend a downtown Confederate monument.

 

The quiet and sudden removal of four monuments

 

 


Social change yes... How will our great great great grandchildren know what took place after the progressives erase the reality of actual history?

 

 

 

 Amazing that so many have gotten so blind that they don't see their own extremists attitude.

Let's not confuse the actions of the Alt Right, KKK and White Nationalists with any of this. They have not place in this country.

But those men that fought in the Civil War do. they fought for what at that time they thought was right. and they lost.
They are part of our history. they cannot be erased as if if didn't happen. own your history, and leave it so that we all learn and make a better future.
Let us not be led by extremists of any kind. 

 

 

 


Books.


 

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
278
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors