Kudos
Views

Re: Bad News Coming - Trumps Head Explodes on Twitter

Message 2 of 11

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

The subject of this forum reads:

Bad News Coming - Trumps Head Explodes on Twitter

...and the bad news is?

Oh I don't know how about the President of the USA ( that would be Trump believe it or not ) being accused of not ONE but TWO Felonies

See Trump started his Twitter Tirade way before the rest of us got to see the heavily redacted but revealing enough - Sentencing Memos from Mueller on both Manafort & Cohen

Trump already knew what was coming cuz he's got his little snitch Whitaker as acting AG

to give him the full unredacted versions

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

If one looks at the history of tariffs and the resulting trade wars, they always made the problem far worse as opposed to better. Tariffs do not work!

For years I used to hear "Trade wars don't work", but never heard a good explanation as to why.

Since the trade war with China began, I'm starting to believe it's a lot more complicated than I imagined. On paper, Trump seemed to make sense. China had more to lose than the U.S. since the imbalance currently is in their favor. Tariffs would make sense. 

I can see the Chinese people uniting in not buying American products, more than I can see Americans doing the same. Besides, it appears that "American brands" are mostly made in China, anyway.

I watched two episodes of "Crouching Tiger" on Youtube. It is narrated by Peter Navarro. It's a total of 5 episodes about 40 minutes each. I may watch the other 3 episodes later, but to me, it seemd like a lot of fear mongering. The first two episodes were strictly about the mighty China military. I'm hoping they cover the economy on the other episodes.

Crouching Tiger - Part 1 at link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBe2wpZqN0s

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

The subject of this forum reads:

...and the bad news is?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

If one looks at the history of tariffs and the resulting trade wars, they always made the problem far worse as opposed to better. Tariffs do not work!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11
The headline from Mick's link ..

U.S. economy adds 155,000 jobs in November, below expectations. Unemployment rate was 3.7 percent.

That is good news....for most.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

I think the story of Huawei's CEO Meng being arrested and, as they say, will be extradited to the U.S., is a very big story.

There must be more to it than only selling Huawei phones to Iran. Supposedly, Huawei signed an agreement with the U.S. not to sell their phones to Iran. Components inside their phones are considered U.S. components.

Huawei phones, by and large, are not sold in the U.S., so we don't have much leverage there.

The biggest question is - what will China do? Retaliate? If so, retaliate how? Arrest some of the many American CEOs who live and work for American companies in China? 

If China begins arresting American CEOs in China, this could eventually lead to American companies leaving China, in which case Trump wins (sort of). 

China seems to be very good at practicing restraint, but maybe not with Meng in prison.

I heard one charge against Meng might be some sort of bank fraud. 

Is it possible the arrest of Meng was done to get China to compromise on Trump's trade deal? Imagine that. That would make it blackmail. A form of legal kidnapping. Trump wouldn't be that crazy. Or would he? 

I thought I heard Canada's Trudeau seem to distance himself from the arrest. He said it was done by local authorities. I think it was in Vancouver. I don't think Canada wants a trade war with China, which could happen now, especially if they extradict Meng to the U.S.

China is not only angry over this, but Xi Jinping may feel he has to do something just to save face in the eyes of the Chinese people.

This whole incident could have huge consequences.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

@afisher wrote:

1.   Daily Wire is a Ben Shapiro site- any info should be fact-checked.    The woman is still in Canada

2.   Weissman convicted mobsters in NYC...donald certainly doesn't like that....hmmm

3.  Tarriff man - that lead to huge drop on WS - 1000 pts over 2 days has yet to recover.

4.    Jobs added, lower than expected - will his followers know that below expectation is not good news?

Insult to ignorance of Donald - is that possible.    He wanted a new guy ( sans experience) to be head of Crimnal Section of DOJ.     There were concerns because of his historical ties to AlfaBank ( Russian).    And now we know that he pulled a Jeff Sessions - he has recused himself from being anywhere close the to Mueller Investigation.   

Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou arrested in Canada, faces extradition to United States

The US Justice Department sought the arrest as part of ongoing investigation, according to a law enforcement official.

Meng Wanzhou, CFO of Huawei

New York (CNN Business)The chief financial officer of Chinese tech giant Huawei has been arrested in Canada. She faces extradition to the United States.

Meng Wanzhou, also known as Sabrina Meng and Cathy Meng, was apprehended in Vancouver on December 1, according to Canadian Justice Department spokesman Ian McLeod.

In addition to her role as CFO, Meng serves as deputy chairwoman of Huawei's board. She's the daughter of Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei.

Meng "is sought for extradition by the United States, and a bail hearing has been set for Friday," McLeod said in a statement, which was first reported by The Globe and Mail.

Source - https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/05/tech/huawei-cfo-arrested-canada/index.html

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

1.   Daily Wire is a Ben Shapiro site- any info should be fact-checked.    The woman is still in Canada

2.   Weissman convicted mobsters in NYC...donald certainly doesn't like that....hmmm

3.  Tarriff man - that lead to huge drop on WS - 1000 pts over 2 days has yet to recover.

4.    Jobs added, lower than expected - will his followers know that below expectation is not good news?

Insult to ignorance of Donald - is that possible.    He wanted a new guy ( sans experience) to be head of Crimnal Section of DOJ.     There were concerns because of his historical ties to AlfaBank ( Russian).    And now we know that he pulled a Jeff Sessions - he has recused himself from being anywhere close the to Mueller Investigation.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors