Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Bad Judgement from the Democratic Party.

Message 1 of 8

RE:  how stupid Democratic party is when choosing their leaders.  Have you seen what is sitting his ugly butt in our WH??

The Filibuster is risky, no doubt.  The Republicans will change the rules, no doubt.  These two parties have to stop paying **bleep** for tat and start communicating. Until then, this sort of thing will continue.

I have great respect for Chuck Schumer.  This is an ethical stand for him and the others who stand behind him.  We have a lot to risk with the confirmation of Gorsuch, should that happen.  He is strongly against abortion rights,  and has in the past voiced concern over contaceptives. He also has a history of siding with big cooporations rather than the little guy. I think that is worth the fight.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@rker321 wrote:

I cannot believe the stupidity of this action, and how much is going to cost to the Democrats in Congress.

I saw today that guy from the DNC  Peres,  and I have one word for him and for what I heard.

He is an idiot. and will be an embarrassment to the Democratic Party.
The reasons that he gave in support of the philibuster were absurd.  sorry, Democarts, if you want to win elections you need to pick the fights that will provide you with votes and support.

You might want to read this article - it might provide some food for thought - as has been mentioned this is Pure Politics and Payback for what the Republicans did with Obama's Nominee Garland - they refused to hold hearings on Obama's Supreme Court Nominee for almost 12 months - the Democratic Base is extremely upset which has been demonstrated by all the Negativivity Republicans are met with when they go home to meet with their Constituents

Even with GOP Electoral District Gerrymandering many Republicans still have to deal with a large Democratic opposition and when the Democratic Leadership has the Courage to Fight - even when it;s a losing battle - it keeps the base energized and the next Elections are not that far off - upset people go out and vote and upset people donate money

What's gotten into Chuck Schumer?

Schumer has not lost his mind or his pragmatic streak.

Nor is he folding under pressure from the Democrats' "progressive" left wing. The Senate majority leader is preparing for the midterm elections in November of 2018, when 34 Senate seats are up for grabs.

In the fallout from the nuclear option and the Gorsuch confirmation, the strategic Schumer will criss-cross the country raising barrels of cash by reminding the Democratic base that without the protection of the filibuster, the party will be defenseless against the Republican Senate majority.

He will raise the specter of the evil Donald Trump packing the court with heartless conservatives who will crush progressive initiatives for the next 20 years. He will urge the wealthiest members of the Democratic base to give early and give often to avoid Trump Armageddon.

In the end, if Schumer plays the nuclear option correctly, he may turn potential disaster into his opportunity to become the most powerful and influential Senate majority leader since Lyndon Johnson.

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

Have never been able to understand as to why the Democratic party is so bad when they choose their leaders. 
They had one that could have been pretty good. I believe his name is Ryan and is a Representative. and they simply didn't choose him.

I am sad to say that this guy, will not take the Democratic Party to any success. and I wish that they understand that very quickly.
As we are seing now, the Senators in the Democratic Party are stuck on the fact that the Republicans were jerks when they denied Garland, so, instead of growing up and accepting the fact that they cannot stop the confirmation of this new guy, have decided that they are going to sit down in protest. and disregard the consequences of their action.

Time for a new party. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

Rker wrote-I cannot believe the stupidity of this action, and how much is going to cost to the Democrats in Congress.

I saw today that guy from the DNC  Peres,  and I have one word for him and for what I heard.

The reasons that he gave in support of the philibuster were absurd.  sorry, Democarts, if you want to win elections you need to pick the fights that will provide you with votes and support.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I saw that interview and have to agree with you. I thought to myself that I was glad he was the head of the DNC and not the RNC.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

I cannot believe the stupidity of this action, and how much is going to cost to the Democrats in Congress.

The reasons that he gave in support of the philibuster were absurd.  sorry, Democarts, if you want to win elections you need to pick the fights that will provide you with votes and support.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

You are correct. This is a fight that should happen with the next Supreme Court justice Trump gets to nominate but the Democratic base is just plain angry at the way the Republicans have treated the rules to date. They have no choice. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

Bad Judgement because once the Senate ,with a Republican majority, goes nuclear with a 51 vote majority it will open the door for the  majority to put in a more Conservative,right Wing  Candidate next time. Gorsuch is a moderate and a well qualified  choice for the Supreme Court. The Dems are shooting themselves in the foot.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Bad Judgement from the Democratic Party.

Message 8 of 8

Again, the Democrats  continue to deal with issues in a mistaken manner.

Now they are going to philobuster this guy who will get confirmed no matter what they do.

They will be spending political capital on something that they don't need to fight and start by paying attention on the iisues that merit attention.
Posturizing, on any of this, will simply  make them look like fools.

But, as usual, they are not paying attention to the issues that they need to spend their political capital.
For example, Trump and Ryan are meeting in order to be able to perhaps reach an agreement on Health Care. and If I was the Democracts I would be doing whatever I could to stop that, and not  standing over an issue that is totally unproductive.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors