Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: BREAKING : SCOTUS Allows For Full Enforcement of Trump Travel Ban

Message 1 of 6

Yup, Umbarch! you are correct! SCOTUS has said though, it will allow for appeal.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Not exactly—the court allows for appeal.  However, very disappointing and another disgrace for our country. 

Supreme Court rulings do not have a mechanism for appeal.  You cannot have the 9th liberal left wing court overrule the SC.  You can ask the Supreme Court to re-review the ruling but most likely, once they rule the case is LAW!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

"Appeal" is not the same as "challenge", by definitions in Webster's Unabridged.    In either case, however, final determinations would rest with a higher court than the one who made the determination being 'appealed' or 'challenged'. 

There are important semantic differences between the terms.  Differences that matter mostly for propaganda purposes.  SCOTUS is the highest court in the land.  The final determination will happen there.  No higher court exists to which appeal for redress of grievance or challenge to a determination can be made.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Not exactly—the court allows for appeal.  

That's what I said in my post - court cases are progressing through the courts now.  Could be the Supremes hear constitutional grounds by June 2018.

But until then . . . .

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

Not exactly—the court allows for appeal.  However, very disappointing and another disgrace for our country. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

BREAKING : SCOTUS Allows For Full Enforcement of Trump Travel Ban

Message 6 of 6

AP 12/04/2017 - Supreme Court Allows Full Enforcement of Trump,Travel Ban

7 / 2

Allows constitutional cases to continue through the court - donee allow for some relationship visits.

From the link -

The Supreme Court on Monday allowed the Trump administration to fully enforce a ban on travel to the United States by residents of six mostly Muslim countries.

This is not a final ruling on the travel ban: Challenges to the policy are winding through the federal courts, and the justices themselves ultimately are expected to rule on its legality.

But the action indicates that the high court might eventually approve the latest version of the ban, announced by President Donald Trump in September. Lower courts have continued to find problems with the policy.

read more at the link 

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors