Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: BLUE WAVE

Message 1 of 8

Economists are calling this a blip. Trump is dumping billions he borrowed to give tax cuts into the economy which is like using gasoline on a charcoal BBQ. Don't get me wrong, I would love it if he could sustain this but no economist thinks he can.

Now the factories are starting to relocate to the countries where no steel tariffs exist and farm country is beginning to hurt.  Trump has to borrow from the Chinese and other foreign investors to make his government welfare payments to farmers and they will pull the plug on THAT. It is good to see he is almost matching Obama's job growth but I don't believe it is sustainable.  I just wish he would pay attention to the economists and not run the country as if it were one big pep rally.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

Ok...Darrick Wilkins grew up in Stone Mt. Ga..  Attended Universtity of Georgia majoring in economics.  Following his venture there he went to work at John Hancock Financial for a couple of years.  He left to found a company called LTC [Long Term Care] in 2001.  A 'co-president' of LTC then founded a company called ValueTech.  LTC then merged with ValueTech, so they are now the same company.  Now...let's assume each had the same number of investors, just for fun.  Assume they were not duplicated and the investor pool just doubled, but nothing much else changed.  

Derrick is a self-described conservative.  Anti-monopoly.   'Believing' [bigly] that 'competition solves it all'.

He is a frequent tweeter.  Why, I'm not sure...it's time away from his job for sure.  Maybe it's recreation.   Similar to another frequent tweeter we hear about every day now.  I have not followed Darrick's tweets, so I cannot tell you with certaintly he has an equal disregard for fact and truth of it in the real world.  

Sources of information do count, though.  Choices made when picking your source directly affect 'belief' you base on them.....a whole bunch.  'Belief' is, after all, confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof.  Read that to mean 'belief' is a choice too.  Garbage in, garbage out.

So...I think all this conflation is intended to create an impression in the minds of those who have made their choices. An accelerator to help the concrete set, so to speak. Keep them in line would be another way of looking at it. 

About that choice 'thingy', though.  Anyone 'choosing' a 'source' first presumes the choice selected is a 'good' one.  I'd suppose a 'good' source would use only documented fact and rational analysis to get to some semplance of the Truth.  Be pretty reprehensible to do anything else. 

Deliberately mislead and that's a lie.  Now it's true some folks are seriously plagued with impaired judgement so they can't tell the difference.  That condition does affect what and how they think and so affects their 'beliefs'.  I haven't got a fix for that one.  Doubt if anyone does. 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@jimc91 wrote:

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 8.24.19 AM.png

The BLUE WAVE illustrated above is BAD NEWS...  For democrats!

I guess President Obama was wrong... Again.

Thank you President Trump!

Gee & I thought Obama was president in 2014 (read the picture's caption)!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

jimc91:  Relax and enjoy the ride, the adults are in charge...

I hope it isn't fatal when you finally fall off your turnip truck. Lol

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

‘Doomsday Prepping’ for Another Round of Tariffs

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/15/opinion/trump-tariffs-economy-risk.html

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Do you really believe that a president has some control over the GDP?

Ever taken economics?

Guess not!!!!!

I am very happy people that think like the above are not in charge anymore.  President Trump proves them wrong week after week.

Relax and enjoy the ride, the adults are in charge...

And yes, President Obama was WRONG.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

@jimc91 wrote:

Do you really believe that a president has some control over the GDP?

Ever taken economics?

Guess not!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

BLUE WAVE

Message 8 of 8

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 8.24.19 AM.png

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The BLUE WAVE illustrated above is BAD NEWS...  For democrats!

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 8.27.47 AM.png

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies