AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: BLOOMBER FOR pRESIDENT?

Message 21 of 23

@rker321 wrote:

Bloomberg has entered the race and many would like to know why now? I do have my personal theory....

Image result for swing and a miss

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: BLOOMBER FOR pRESIDENT?

Message 22 of 23

Right now the only candidate Bloomberg will take votes from is Joe Biden. It remains to be seen if he can reach Progressives, but if not, he just might hand the nomination to Bernie or Warren. I personally think either one would be a great President, but unless the Blue Wave coming sweeps the House to elect 293 Democrats and puts 60 Dems in the Senate, neither one will be able to accomplish much of what they're running on even if they can get elected.

The problem I see is too many Democratic moderates find Bernie and Warren TOO liberal, and will simply sit out the election, handing victory to The Toad just like the Hillary Haters did in 2016.

Biden on the other hand has plans that are do-able like strengthing ACA and offering a Public Option for Health Insurance. Joe wants a $15/hr minimum wage, paid sick and family leave and affordable higher education. What exactly does the Progressive wing find "unsupportable" about that? Right now, Joe is the only hope for Democrats retaking the votes from the white working class, and that's really the whole ball game.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

BLOOMBER FOR pRESIDENT?

Message 23 of 23

Bloomberg has entered the race and many would like to know why now? I do have my personal theory.
He has seen how weak the Democratic fied has become. and in all honesty he is correct.
He realizes that neither Warren/Sanders would have an even chance of winning against Trump., and now many has managed to  weaken the only candidate that  wouldhave won at the national level.  Hate to say this but as usual the Democrats manage to  blow elections.
Does he has a chance?  Yes, he will be the alternative to Warren/Sanders, and has government experience, and the money to spend on this elections.
He has just position himself between. Mayor Pete who is in my view brilliant but gay. and I say that because this country as of now would have a hear attack if they actually elected a gay person.
And Joe Biden and the rest of moderates that apparently cannot make the Democrats believe that this is not the time to pursue dreams but realities and become pragmatic as to what is possible.
So we will see how much he can upset all of those that should all drop out of the race and stop the  confusion of the Democratic field.
This is becoming a Yes, I can be President and I can defeat Trump field by all of them. 
We will see now what will be his strategy, and see how the rest of the country responds to all of this.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs