Become a safer, more confident driver with the AARP Smart Driver course! Use the promo code VET and save 25% during November.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
135
Views

Re: BERNIE SANDERS FOR PRESIDENT?

135 Views
Message 51 of 95

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Not sure where it comes from, but Republicans seem compelled to take everything literally - perhaps its that prevasive Fundamentalist connection.

 

Whatever it is, it leads them down some very strange paths.

 

Medicare For All is jsut a shorthand for Universal Helath Care with a single payer, but GOPers insist on thinking they can attack it by pointing out opening Medicare to everybody won't work.

Why shorthand, are they trying to hide something? How about "Government Run healthcare won't work". Do you prefer that. So Medicare doesn't work? is that what you are sayiing?

 

Same thing with Free College For All - just means Government needs to make all post-high school education and training affordable, like it was back in the 1960's and 70's.

Where do you get these crazy ideas - the government didn't pay for college back then.    He din't say college, he said   training programs.  and he was saying affordable. for post  HS education. li probable Community colleges.

 

Reason Republicans have all been ordered to attack those Slogans is the way we pay for them is to restore fairness to our tax code, and the GOPerLords issuing the orders do not want that to happen.

"Fairness in our tax code" being defined as, "the non-productive getting more of the property of the productive". I didn't get any orders from anyone but understanding the phoniness of your statement doesn't require "orders".  BS

 


"BS"???? Seems a bit offensive. Do you have anything further to offer?


 


 


Yes

 

Medicare is a example of Democratic Socialism - a Majority of Americans Support it

 

Social Security is a example of Democratic Socialism - A Majority of Americans Support it

 

Trump is a lying corrupt ignorant incompetent fool - a Majority of Americans did not support him in the 2016 election - but he's still President

 

That's Kleptocracy & only 35% of Americans support it

 

But Trump is still President

 

So label anything whatever you want - what difference does it make

 

Vote out all Incumbents & support real change

 

 


You may be right. We have something like 47% of the population leaching off the rest (no tax paying but benefits collecting) - that does give you a good base to start with. All you need is a few more "bleeding hearts" to tip the scales to your Marxist State.


Now you know that is not true. Keep in mind Trump has become a  true socialist in the way he is funding the wall. Mexico said they will not pay so he wants the taxpayers to pay for it with out even voting, or having their lawmakers vote. That is a Marxist State or Dictatorship. Sadly his supporters support that type of state. I know it will take time for the enablers to get used to being Marxist, and Socialist.


What is not true - the non taxpayers approving of raising taxes on others or the bleeding hearts.


How can you say that. Your leader and his followers are making all people pay for his not needed wall. Even non paying taxpayers will pay as Trump and his followers increase all costs which every living person pays. Our enablers just can not get used to being Marxist, and socialist.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
135
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
134
Views

Re: BERNIE SANDERS FOR PRESIDENT?

134 Views
Message 52 of 95

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

 


You may be right. We have something like 47% of the population leaching off the rest (no tax paying but benefits collecting) - that does give you a good base to start with. All you need is a few more "bleeding hearts" to tip the scales to your Marxist State.


Your missing the point............

 

We have several National Democratic Socialist Programs that a Majority of Americans Support

 

A Majority of Americans when polled today support even more National Democratic Socialist Programs like Medicare For All

 

There is No Majority of Americans who support Trump as our President or a 1.5 Trillion Trump/GOP Tax Break for the Richest Americans & Corporations

 

So what you seem to be supporting is Kleptocracy instead of Democracy

 

Democracy reflects the will of a majority of the people

 

Kleptocracy reflects the will of a few financially rich & politically powerful people

 

Which of the two do you support?

 

Which point did I miss - the one about non taxpayers approving of others paying more or the bleeding hearts?

 

 

 

 


 


Well - you've missed a lot of points - but mainly the Fact that

 

A Majority of Working Americans - Americans who are not living off a Stock Portfolio or Trust Fund

 

Do not Favor Tax Breaks for the Rich - in fact the Vast Majority of Working Americans & Seniors who have worked their entire lives - support the Richest Individuals & Corporations paying a lot more in Taxes

 

Most voters don’t share the centrist preferences of Washington’s comfortable pundit class.

 

Most voters want to raise taxes on the rich and corporations.

 

They favor generous Medicare and Social Security, expanded Medicaid, more financial aid for college, a higher minimum wage and a bigger government role in job creation.

 

Remember, Trump won the Republican nomination as a populist. A clear majority of Americans wants the government to respond aggressively to our economic problems.

 

Source - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/22/opinion/big-economic-ideas.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clic...

 

When did I miss the fact that most people do not live off of stocks? 

 

Approval of the rich paying a larger portion in taxes - I didn't miss that. It is the way it is today.

 

When did I miss something about pundits?

 

As to a lot of people wanting more paid for by others - I didn't miss that in fact I addressed it.

 

So again, "Your missing the point............" - what point????


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
134
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
139
Views

Re: BERNIE SANDERS FOR PRESIDENT?

139 Views
Message 53 of 95

@MaVolta wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


You may be right. We have something like 47% of the population leaching off the rest (no tax paying but benefits collecting) - that does give you a good base to start with. All you need is a few more "bleeding hearts" to tip the scales to your Marxist State.


Good job, RK, keep it up! As I recall, the last guy who brought up those "leaching 47%'s" went down in defeat because of this insulting remark.

 

If 47% of the population is paying little or no income tax, then it would stand to reason that 47% must be well underpaid and / or underemployed since we are at "full" employment these days. (You do brag about that, you know.) And yet, R's overwhelmingly oppose paying a living minimum wage. Even the low wage earners must still pay Medicare and Social Security withholding taxes. And even more insulting, R's have the nerve to criticize them for having little or no health insurance, and many want to deny their right to receiving Medicaid.

 

A person is paid based on what value added he or she creates to the goods or services he or she is involved with. How do you propose changing that?

 

They pay Medicare and SS because they are contributing to their own retirement.


Those are the facts. If you find them insulting, then reality is insulting.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
139
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
142
Views

Re: BERNIE SANDERS FOR PRESIDENT?

142 Views
Message 54 of 95

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

 


You may be right. We have something like 47% of the population leaching off the rest (no tax paying but benefits collecting) - that does give you a good base to start with. All you need is a few more "bleeding hearts" to tip the scales to your Marxist State.


Your missing the point............

 

We have several National Democratic Socialist Programs that a Majority of Americans Support

 

A Majority of Americans when polled today support even more National Democratic Socialist Programs like Medicare For All

 

There is No Majority of Americans who support Trump as our President or a 1.5 Trillion Trump/GOP Tax Break for the Richest Americans & Corporations

 

So what you seem to be supporting is Kleptocracy instead of Democracy

 

Democracy reflects the will of a majority of the people

 

Kleptocracy reflects the will of a few financially rich & politically powerful people

 

Which of the two do you support?

 

Which point did I miss - the one about non taxpayers approving of others paying more or the bleeding hearts?

 

 

 

 


 


Well - you've missed a lot of points - but mainly the Fact that

 

A Majority of Working Americans - Americans who are not living off a Stock Portfolio or Trust Fund

 

Do not Favor Tax Breaks for the Rich - in fact the Vast Majority of Working Americans & Seniors who have worked their entire lives - support the Richest Individuals & Corporations paying a lot more in Taxes

 

Most voters don’t share the centrist preferences of Washington’s comfortable pundit class.

 

Most voters want to raise taxes on the rich and corporations.

 

They favor generous Medicare and Social Security, expanded Medicaid, more financial aid for college, a higher minimum wage and a bigger government role in job creation.

 

Remember, Trump won the Republican nomination as a populist. A clear majority of Americans wants the government to respond aggressively to our economic problems.

 

Source - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/22/opinion/big-economic-ideas.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clic...

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
142
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
144
Views

Re: BERNIE SANDERS FOR PRESIDENT?

144 Views
Message 55 of 95

@rk9152 wrote:


You may be right. We have something like 47% of the population leaching off the rest (no tax paying but benefits collecting) - that does give you a good base to start with. All you need is a few more "bleeding hearts" to tip the scales to your Marxist State.


Good job, RK, keep it up! As I recall, the last guy who brought up those "leaching 47%'s" went down in defeat because of this insulting remark.

 

If 47% of the population is paying little or no income tax, then it would stand to reason that 47% must be well underpaid and / or underemployed since we are at "full" employment these days. (You do brag about that, you know.) And yet, R's overwhelmingly oppose paying a living minimum wage. Even the low wage earners must still pay Medicare and Social Security withholding taxes. And even more insulting, R's have the nerve to criticize them for having little or no health insurance, and many want to deny their right to receiving Medicaid.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
144
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
133
Views

Re: BERNIE SANDERS FOR PRESIDENT?

133 Views
Message 56 of 95

@L42010 wrote:
Oh easyed and rk9152 my post/comment is at the top of the thread in case you want to quote me. ;-)

Bernie Sanders - time has COME

 

and

 

GONE!

 

  • Hillary Clinton’s weaknesses exaggerated Sanders’s strengths. Almost every other Democrat skipped the 2016 race because they saw Clinton as unbeatable. But she ended up being a flawed candidate. Democratic voters with reservations about her had only one place to go in 2016: to Sanders. In 2020, the field is huge.
  • Today’s Democratic voters are probably looking for a candidate with a different profile. He is a 77-year-old who has apologized for the sexism that existed in his 2016 campaign. He famously struggled to win over black voters four years ago. It’s no surprise Sanders keeps winning in Vermont, which has one of the nation’s oldest and whitest populations. But the Democratic primary electorate is not Vermont.

 

 

Source - David Leonhardt - NYT

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
133
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
139
Views

Re: BERNIE SANDERS FOR PRESIDENT?

139 Views
Message 57 of 95

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


Yes, they are opposites. One is a Capitalist and the other is a Marxist. And, as I have posted previously, it is not surprising that Bernie enjoys such support. There are a lot of Americans who want other people's money spent on them.

 

A good example of that is the theory of 10% of the people working and paying taxes to support the other 90%.

 

Your  post hadd me in stiches. LOL HA HA  so now Bernie is a Marxist  how about a socialist? YOu better than most know the difference but now, simply want to instill fear about Bernie by saying he is a communist.?  HA  HA  HA

I will not vote for him but my reasons are not yours, I believe that his policies will be too much to the left and I don't agree with extremes, but hat he is a Marxist?  Ha  Ha  
Ha


 


How many of the 10 Planks do you suppose Bernie disagrees with? Which of the 10 Planks do you consider funny?
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
139
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
116
Views

Re: BERNIE SANDERS FOR PRESIDENT?

116 Views
Message 58 of 95

@L42010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Bernie Sanders is the anthesis of lil' donny - Bernie is honest, hard working, supports the bottom 99% ahead of the top 1% and is highly intelligent.

 

I'd like to see all his programs enacted whoever runs, and hope he uses the primaries to wake people up to how the Democratic Social Justice he supports differs from the Kleptocratic Oligarchy Trump and the Republicans have created.


Yes, they are opposites. One is a Capitalist and the other is a Marxist. And, as I have posted previously, it is not surprising that Bernie enjoys such support. There are a lot of Americans who want other people's money spent on them.

 

A good example of that is the theory of 10% of the people working and paying taxes to support the other 90%.


Wrong again, rk9152, Bernie is not a Marxist, but we now understand what tax bracket you fall into, no?


Well, if by "tax bracket" "we" mean payer vs non-payer - yep, ya caught me. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
116
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
129
Views

Re: BERNIE SANDERS FOR PRESIDENT?

129 Views
Message 59 of 95

@rk9152 wrote:


Yes, they are opposites. One is a Capitalist and the other is a Marxist. And, as I have posted previously, it is not surprising that Bernie enjoys such support. There are a lot of Americans who want other people's money spent on them.

 

A good example of that is the theory of 10% of the people working and paying taxes to support the other 90%.

 

Your  post hadd me in stiches. LOL HA HA  so now Bernie is a Marxist  how about a socialist? YOu better than most know the difference but now, simply want to instill fear about Bernie by saying he is a communist.?  HA  HA  HA

I will not vote for him but my reasons are not yours, I believe that his policies will be too much to the left and I don't agree with extremes, but hat he is a Marxist?  Ha  Ha  
Ha


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
129
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
144
Views

Re: BERNIE SANDERS FOR PRESIDENT?

144 Views
Message 60 of 95

@n566192l wrote:
Spoiler
 

I just  have concerns about Bernie's age. We really have to take everything into consideration.


There are a lot of people in this message board that are as old as him beside if he chooses a good VP  what is the problem with that?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
144
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors