Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: BARR IN COMPTEMPT OF CONGRESS

Message 11 of 17

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@Roxanna35 

Have you already determined the ending to this legal saga?

You do know that many of our laws have to be not only tested in various situations but can go up the hierarchy of judicial rule.  In our Democracy, laws and rules can be tested IN COURT.

Most likely this will be another legal battle - a push and pull - until there is a judicial ruling on the specifics of the matter from each side and a weighing of the law.

It is NOT uncommon to have legal battles between government branches or even different types of governments - state vs federal comes to mind - that happens all the time and even now with Obamacare, Immigration - and on and on.

It seems to be playing out just as VOX reported several weeks ago - and this might go as fast as a turtles pace..

Just more reason why nothing else much is getting done.

VOX 04/18/2019 - How to understand the redactions in the Mueller report

from the link ~

Democrats in the House and Senate have made no secret of their desire to see every word Mueller’s team wrote in their final report. Their main argument is that Congress has a right to see the entire document in order to perform their constitutionally mandated oversight duties.

“We’ve been doing everything we could for the last weeks and weeks to try and reach an accommodation with the attorney general under which we would see the report and the underlying evidence,” Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), chair of the House Judiciary Committee, told reporters this week.

It’s unclear if they’ll ultimately get their wish, though, especially since Barr has the right to redact what he wants within the law and within reason. In addition, Trump could exercise executive privilege to try to keep information related to him in the Mueller report secret.

If Democrats disagree with any of this, though, they can issue a subpoena for an unredacted copy. That would likely pit Congress against the administration in a nasty, drawn-out legal fight, and there’s no guarantee if Democrats would win it.

Didn't I get a response from you saying that you didn't not post political  post that had to do with the President? so what now"

I am glad to see that you show  a different ending to all of this, and to the sake of this country I wish you are correct. but we will see where all of this ends and what happens to this Democracy when all of this is over.

I said I discuss policy and programs - this is a disagreement within policy between (2) branches of government - who can see what and when - the disagreement stems from what each side thinks - A pwer struggle in a certain respect.

I personally didn't say anything about anybody specific one way or the other - only how, most likely, it will get SLOWLY resolved because another branch of government (Judicial) will most likely have to end the standoff - 1st one court and then another until it all plays out.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 17

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Do you also remember Jim Jordan saying that why not wait until we have Mueller testifying and you can ask first hand anything you want (before subpoenaing the unredacted report)? I didn't think so. This way you could get the answers from the horse's mouth but that wasn't the objective.

Mueller isn't accused of malfeasance, and wouldn't be impeached; Barr is and may be.  You're welcome.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 17

@GailL1 wrote:

@Roxanna35 

You do know that many of our laws have to be not only tested in various situations but can go up the hierarchy of judicial rule.  In our Democracy, laws and rules can be tested IN COURT.

Most likely this will be another legal battle - a push and pull - until there is a judicial ruling on the specifics of the matter from each side and a weighing of the law.

It is NOT uncommon to have legal battles between government branches or even different types of governments - state vs federal comes to mind - that happens all the time and even now with Obamacare, Immigration - and on and on.

It seems to be playing out just as VOX reported several weeks ago - and this might go as fast as a turtles pace..

from the link ~

Democrats in the House and Senate have made no secret of their desire to see every word Mueller’s team wrote in their final report. Their main argument is that Congress has a right to see the entire document in order to perform their constitutionally mandated oversight duties.

“We’ve been doing everything we could for the last weeks and weeks to try and reach an accommodation with the attorney general under which we would see the report and the underlying evidence,” Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), chair of the House Judiciary Committee, told reporters this week.

It’s unclear if they’ll ultimately get their wish, though, especially since Barr has the right to redact what he wants within the law and within reason. In addition, Trump could exercise executive privilege to try to keep information related to him in the Mueller report secret.

If Democrats disagree with any of this, though, they can issue a subpoena for an unredacted copy. That would likely pit Congress against the administration in a nasty, drawn-out legal fight, and there’s no guarantee if Democrats would win it.

Didn't I get a response from you saying that you didn't not post political  post that had to do with the President? so what now"

I am glad to see that you show  a different ending to all of this, and to the sake of this country I wish you are correct. but we will see where all of this ends and what happens to this Democracy when all of this is over.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 17

@Roxanna35 

from the link ~

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 17

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Do you also remember Jim Jordan saying that why not wait until we have Mueller testifying and you can ask first hand anything you want (before subpoenaing the unredacted report)? I didn't think so. This way you could get the answers from the horse's mouth but that wasn't the objective.

I apologize for not making my post sufficiently clear for the above poster. But I clearly stated that this was not an issue of the Mueller report, or whether we see it or not of whether Barr testifies or not. or Mueller or McGann.

This is the issue of one BRANCH OF GOVERNEMTN NOT COMPLYING WITH A REQUEST from ANOTHER BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT.

COMPRENDE?

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 17

@Roxanna35 wrote:

After hearing this morning the amount of jokers that actually spoke in Congress, I wonder if anyone noticed, the amount of complete gibbering that it was said.

I even heard one idiot saying that they were making Barr break the Law.  and I am sure that many believe that.

But that is not the issue. the Mueller report redacted of not is not the issue whether Barr, McGaan and Mueller appear in Congress is not the issue.

The issue for the ones that have not noticed.

Is, the fact that there is one branch of Government that is not willing to comply with another Branch of Government.

Wow, don't scream at me, when I am saying Have we become or are becoming a Banana Republic?

What else now needs to happen?  Now, is it the time for Congress to say, I am an equal branch and I will exert my authority? or cave in?

Again, Impeachment is not what is at issue. for those who forget what the impeachment process  is.  Impeachment is just a political issue. not a legal issue.

But,  not having three equal branches of government is a gigantic issue.

So, what do Americans want ? 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

BARR IN COMPTEMPT OF CONGRESS

Message 17 of 17

After hearing this morning the amount of jokers that actually spoke in Congress, I wonder if anyone noticed, the amount of complete gibbering that it was said.

I even heard one idiot saying that they were making Barr break the Law.  and I am sure that many believe that.

But that is not the issue. the Mueller report redacted of not is not the issue whether Barr, McGaan and Mueller appear in Congress is not the issue.

The issue for the ones that have not noticed.

Is, the fact that there is one branch of Government that is not willing to comply with another Branch of Government.

Wow, don't scream at me, when I am saying Have we become or are becoming a Banana Republic?

What else now needs to happen?  Now, is it the time for Congress to say, I am an equal branch and I will exert my authority? or cave in?

Again, Impeachment is not what is at issue. for those who forget what the impeachment process  is.  Impeachment is just a political issue. not a legal issue.

But,  not having three equal branches of government is a gigantic issue.

So, what do Americans want ? 

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507