Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

 

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
122
Views

Re: Australian diplomat whose tip prompted FBI’s Russia-probe has tie to Clintons

122 Views
Message 21 of 70

The Australian diplomat whose tip in 2016 prompted the Russia-Trump investigation previously arranged one of the largest foreign donations to Bill and Hillary Clinton’s charitable efforts, documents show. 

 

Former Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer’s role in securing $25 million in aid from his country to help the Clinton Foundation fight AIDS is chronicled in decade-old government memos archived on the Australian foreign ministry’s website.  

 

Downer and former President Clinton jointly signed a Memorandum of Understanding in February 2006 that spread out the grant money over four years for a project to provide screening and drug treatment to AIDS patients in Asia. 

 

The money was initially allocated to the Clinton Foundation but later was routed through an affiliate of the charity known as the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI), officials said. Australia was one of four foreign governments to donate more than $25 million to CHAI, records show.

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
122
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
123
Views

Re: Australian diplomat whose tip prompted FBI’s Russia-probe has tie to Clintons

123 Views
Message 22 of 70

@rk9152wrote:

How typical - disagree with a point and call it a "conspiracy theory".


In this case, it would appear they were disagreeing with the conspiracy theory itself. When you have no facts to present, it is called a theory. When there is no logical path to the conclusion you have reached, the only recourse is "a conspiracy". 

 

Are you suggesting that Papadapolus' guilty plea is part of a new conspiracy?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
123
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
157
Views

Re: Australian diplomat whose tip prompted FBI’s Russia-probe has tie to Clintons

157 Views
Message 23 of 70

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Panjandromwrote:

easyed598:  The more they investigate Trump the more it points to the Obama  and Hillary misdeeds.

 

 

 

Would you care to let us in on exactly what those misdeeds are? Aside from merely existing.


"Us" - it was the use of federal agencies in a partisan fashion.


So the FBI was used "in a partisan fashion" to investigate Hillary?


They sure did "investigate" her and covered for her. Your point??


Do you really believe all the stupid conspiracy theories you post here?


I'll have to assume that you do not agree with me but are unable to intelligently express yourself and have only childishness like "stupid theories" to post.

 

However, was the report not changed from "grossly negligent" to "extremely careless" thereby enabling the "no one would indict" claim? Then there was the "Oh sure she did violate security rules bur we can't prove she meant to" defense offered by Comey. She was not charged when she ad subpoenaed emails erased. Then her assistants were interviewed not sworn in and given permission to erase their computers. And, how about the Weiner fiasco - the FBI did nothing.


I guess that means you really believe the stupid conspiracy theories you post.


How typical - disagree with a point and call it a "conspiracy theory".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
157
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
159
Views

Re: Australian diplomat whose tip prompted FBI’s Russia-probe has tie to Clintons

159 Views
Message 24 of 70

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Panjandromwrote:

easyed598:  The more they investigate Trump the more it points to the Obama  and Hillary misdeeds.

 

 

 

Would you care to let us in on exactly what those misdeeds are? Aside from merely existing.


"Us" - it was the use of federal agencies in a partisan fashion.


So the FBI was used "in a partisan fashion" to investigate Hillary?


They sure did "investigate" her and covered for her. Your point??


Do you really believe all the stupid conspiracy theories you post here?


I'll have to assume that you do not agree with me but are unable to intelligently express yourself and have only childishness like "stupid theories" to post.

 

However, was the report not changed from "grossly negligent" to "extremely careless" thereby enabling the "no one would indict" claim? Then there was the "Oh sure she did violate security rules bur we can't prove she meant to" defense offered by Comey. She was not charged when she had subpoenaed emails erased. Then her assistants were interviewed not sworn in and given permission to erase their computers. And, how about the Weiner fiasco - the FBI did nothing.


I guess that means you really believe the stupid conspiracy theories you post.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
159
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
172
Views

Re: Australian diplomat whose tip prompted FBI’s Russia-probe has tie to Clintons

172 Views
Message 25 of 70

@easyed598wrote:

Panj wrote-Here you are Ed, one stop shopping for everything you never knew about Benghazi. You won't like it as well as Fox News, but it's the results of multiple Republican investigations in congress.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thanks for sharing but much more has been found out since and today everyone is still wondering why so many people in the Obama administration lied about the video and the need to cover up the true facts until they were forced to admit it was a terrorist attack and had nothing to do with the video.


Can you show sources/documentation that nullifies the information in the sources provided by "Panj" ? Can you show reputable sources for what you claim?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
172
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
175
Views

Re: Australian diplomat whose tip prompted FBI’s Russia-probe has tie to Clintons

175 Views
Message 26 of 70

@rk9152wrote:

@Richvawrote:


I have yet to meet a liberal FBI agent.  Your conspiracy theory is fake news. Another desperate attempt to explain clearing Hillary without looking at any facts.  Fake!

I must admit I have not met any FBI agents. I guess we run in different social circles. However, I have no doubt you are correct. What you are overlooking (intentionally?) is that no one has made such a claim about FBI agents. It was very, very few at the management level that were corrupted.

 

FISA warrants are issued based on information from a variety of sources. Obviously, the  high quality research and sources in the Steele Dossier was one of the things that helped get the warrant but you never explain why the court re-issued the warrant 5 times and the re-issue has to be based on whether the warrants are generating real and actionable information. Again, your conspiracy theory does not fit the facts and is fake news.

I am not conversant with the rules for reissueing of the warrants. Can you cite something official to make your point. You may be right but "because I said it's so" does not make it so.

 

First you say the FBI is in partnership with the DNC and now you say the DNC did not trust them to let them access their computer systems. The problem with fact-less conspiracy theories is that they soon start colliding.  More fake news.

Again not "the FBI" - a few corrupted members. And yes, the DNC refused access.

 

You are three for three.  

Yes I am while you have struck out.


 


(a)  You mean "corrupted" by the truth? Show who was "corrupted", and by whom.

 

(b)  You should obviously educate yourself on FISA warrant procedures, until you do the debate you offer about it could be easily and justifiably ridiculed.

 

(c)  The DNC refused access by the FBI, who you claimed they were in cahoots with in a conspiracy.  What a hoot !  Ya' just can't make up this kind of stuff !  ROFLMAO !!!!

 

(d) You are the one who has "struck out".


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
175
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
178
Views

Re: Australian diplomat whose tip prompted FBI’s Russia-probe has tie to Clintons

178 Views
Message 27 of 70

@Richvawrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:


You know what the point is. The FBI and 7 Republican investigations cleared Hillary. If there was anything partisan about it, it was partisanship on the Republican side.

The Congressional Committees were sandbagged by the FBI and the cleared he rin very nebulous terms as descibed in another post.

 

FISA warrants were issued on available information, not where that information cam from.

The where it "cam" from is a factor in judging veracity.

 

Trump asked the Russians to "find the emails". They were found through hacking, the Right didn't complain about that did they? Hypocrisy comes to mind.

A few thoughts - you know he was joking, dontcha? The DNC computers were hacked and the FBI offered to fix and protect them - they refused access. As to the hacked emails - it seems the content is a bigger factor than the wikileaks source.


 


I have yet to meet a liberal FBI agent.  Your conspiracy theory is fake news. Another desperate attempt to explain clearing Hillary without looking at any facts.  Fake!

 

FISA warrants are issued based on information from a variety of sources. Obviously, the  high quality research and sources in the Steele Dossier was one of the things that helped get the warrant but you never explain why the court re-issued the warrant 5 times and the re-issue has to be based on whether the warrants are generating real and actionable information. Again, your conspiracy theory does not fit the facts and is fake news.

 

First you say the FBI is in partnership with the DNC and now you say the DNC did not trust them to let them access their computer systems. The problem with fact-less conspiracy theories is that they soon start colliding.  More fake news.

 

You are three for three.  


Thank you Richva, you have explained this so well, I need not respond to rk in my own words.The never ending conspiracy theories from the Right amuse me.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
178
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
182
Views

Re: Australian diplomat whose tip prompted FBI’s Russia-probe has tie to Clintons

182 Views
Message 28 of 70

Here you are Ed, one stop shopping for everything you never knew about Benghazi. You won't like it as well as Fox News, but it's the results of multiple Republican investigations in congress.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Some intersting statements from what you posted in the general review -
The haphazard decision to place the four officials cited by the ARB on paid administrative leave created the appearance that former Secretary Hillary Clinton’s decision to announce action against the individuals named in the ARB repo How much did the decision to extend the Benghazi mission as a temporary facility limit the Department’s ability to provide security resources? • Who should be held accountable for deciding to extend the Benghazi mission as a temporary facility rt was more of a public relations strategy than a measured response to a tragedy Although the ARB made several findings that are consistent with facts uncovered by congressional investigators, the Committee’s investigation has revealed that ARB did not go far enough in addressing systemic weaknesses within the State Department. In addition, while there is no question that the real accountability rests with the terrorists who carried out these heinous acts, the evidence the Committee has uncovered to date suggests that some of the ARB’s findings related to accountability within the State Department were flawed. --Again thanks for sending this info

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
182
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
185
Views

Re: Australian diplomat whose tip prompted FBI’s Russia-probe has tie to Clintons

185 Views
Message 29 of 70

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:


You know what the point is. The FBI and 7 Republican investigations cleared Hillary. If there was anything partisan about it, it was partisanship on the Republican side.

The Congressional Committees were sandbagged by the FBI and the cleared he rin very nebulous terms as descibed in another post.

 

FISA warrants were issued on available information, not where that information cam from.

The where it "cam" from is a factor in judging veracity.

 

Trump asked the Russians to "find the emails". They were found through hacking, the Right didn't complain about that did they? Hypocrisy comes to mind.

A few thoughts - you know he was joking, dontcha? The DNC computers were hacked and the FBI offered to fix and protect them - they refused access. As to the hacked emails - it seems the content is a bigger factor than the wikileaks source.


 


@I just have to laugh, your conspiracy theories contradict themselves. This is explained excellently in Rchva's post, posted on 03/07/2018 @ 6:41 am.  Have a look at it.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
185
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
188
Views

Re: Australian diplomat whose tip prompted FBI’s Russia-probe has tie to Clintons

188 Views
Message 30 of 70

Panj wrote-Here you are Ed, one stop shopping for everything you never knew about Benghazi. You won't like it as well as Fox News, but it's the results of multiple Republican investigations in congress.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thanks for sharing but much more has been found out since and today everyone is still wondering why so many people in the Obama administration lied about the video and the need to cover up the true facts until they were forced to admit it was a terrorist attack and had nothing to do with the video.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
188
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors