Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Attention farmers: You ain't getting those markets back

Message 1 of 4

, watch who finances Briazil's "expanded" soy bean production.

China has been expanding influence in South America for decades, this is a huge step forward in that long term goal.

I doubt they give up that market.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

This may stack up as a real tragedy for America’s farmers: grain, livestock, vegetables, seafood and fruits. These are real “gems” for our country, and are a source of pride, economic impact, and jobs. 

Now, we may be watching the partial destruction of some areas here. 

We have trump enacting idiotic nonsensical policies for farming, which are looking just like his zero tolerance immigration policy. 

His lack of real strategy seems to be making a mess of something not broken and having no real plan to clean them up, or desire to fix...only to destroy and satisfy his demented ego. 

The really gulling aspect is having his supporters cheering him on. 

This is the American way?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

@Richva wrote:
God, I miss Obama's free market philosophies. 

Now that we have the Republican version of the Soviet Communist managed markets, watch who finances Briazil's "expanded" soy bean production. The Chinese government has been waiting to "own" as big a part of that international market as possible.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Attention farmers: You ain't getting those markets back

Message 4 of 4

"Trade wars are easy to win" to quote Trump the Bump.  Every war is easy if you are not the one left bleeding and dying on the battlefield.  American farmers and their governors went into markets like China pitching stability and quality. India and Latin America took notice but the United States got there first and locked in huge markets. Now China is financing Latin American soybean farms and reduced tariffs on Indian beans to zero. 

I used to work in a grocery. When our competitor went to 24 hours we did as well. I asked the store manager if we actually made any money between 9 PM and 8 AM only to discover the real reason is to keep our customers from getting in the habit of going to the competition. 

There are 40K soybean farmers in Iowa.  Trump's farm welfare attempt will be a drop in the bucket and they will never get back into those markets like they are now.  Democrats have been trying to tell Republicans for decades that state control of supply and demand does not work.  A lesson they have not yet learned.  

God, I miss Obama's free market philosophies. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors