Honored Social Butterfly

Attention Regressives! Someone is picking on your Snowflake!!!

I know the regressives here will do anything to protect their precious Snowflake from the ridicule he deserves.  It happens so often they had to invent an acronym for the process: "TDS".  The implication being the reason Trump receives so much, well documented, bad press is that everyone hates their precious little Snowflake for no reason at all.  Well, the Lincoln Project is doing a wonderful job of documenting Trump's inadequacies  and his failures. The rest of us have an acronym to describe Trump's behavior as well:  "ITYS" which stands for "I told you so". 

Americans died from covid-19 at the rate of about one every 42 seconds during the past month. That ought to keep any president awake at night.

Not Donald Trump.

Just days ago, the president flipped out at a detailed New York Times article that described how he watches television at all hours, obsessed about how he’s covered in the news. As though to prove the story’s thesis, Trump rage-tweeted that it was a “phony story” and that the media would say “Anything to demean!”

And then, as though to prove the point again, at 12:46 a.m. on Tuesday, Trump went ballistic on Twitter.” Ten hours later, on the tarmac at Joint Base Andrews, Trump was still enraged, ranting about us for nearly two minutes in front of the media.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/06/george-conway-trump-lashed-out-me-twitter-its-bec... 

Honored Social Butterfly

96260746_193611202188201_5306679157906735104_n.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

It's been a month since Joe Biden had any reasonable forum to state his views, while the gutless draft-dodging Toad gets 2 hours a day to hold political rallies he calls "press conferences". and still Biden polls AHEAD of the Toad in virtually every State - Joe's tied with Toad in TEXAS as of 4 May.

Looks like we'll be rid of the Toad next January!! Then we can put the little snit in JAIL.

Honored Social Butterfly

Olderscout66  

It's been a month since Joe Biden had any reasonable forum to state his views, while the gutless draft-dodging Toad gets 2 hours a day to hold political rallies he calls "press conferences". and still Biden polls AHEAD of the Toad in virtually every State - Joe's tied with Toad in TEXAS as of 4 May.

Looks like we'll be rid of the Toad next January!! Then we can put the little snit in JAIL.

Yes but we will still have to extradite him from Russia first.

Silver Conversationalist

Toad supporters continue to ignore reality and claim he's doing a great job because they ONLY WATCH FOX. If we seriously want to avoid letting ANOTHER gutless, draft-dodging moronic psychopath into the White House, something must be done about the lack of honesty at Fox and H8Radio - like restoring the Fairness Doctrine in Broadcasting.

Until this is done, the GOPerbase will continue to believe:

Covid19 is just the flu and easily cured with Hydroxychloroquine

Immigrants and women are being given all the good jobs

9th Century technology will solve 21st Century problems

Injecting bleach will cure disease

Owing billions to Russia does not put you "in their debt".

Renaming trade deals greatly improves them

Tax cuts for the very rich are very good for everyone

...and most absurd of all:  tRump is a good businessman.

Honored Social Butterfly

SP, China wasn't even part of the TPP.. I think one of the goals was to create an organization, that was far more powerful than China. The Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement, was a proposed trade agreement between Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, Vietnam, and the United States

Here are some of the benefits per the USTP. / Source: United States Trade Representative

Economic Benefits of the Trans-Pacific Partnership 

The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) levels the playing field for American workers and American businesses, leading to more Made-in-America exports and more higher-paying American jobs here at home. By cutting over 18,000 taxes various countries put on Made-in-America products, TPP makes sure our farmers, ranchers, manufacturers and small businesses can compete— and win—in some of the fastest growing markets in the world. With more than 95 percent of the world’s consumers living outside our borders, TPP will significantly expand the export of Made-in-America goods and services and support American jobs.

Economic Benefits:

TPP ELIMINATES OVER 18,000 TAXES [TARIFFS] ON MADE-IN-AMERICA EXPORTS

• In TPP countries, these taxes, known as tariffs, increase prices for American exports. For example, they raise prices by up to 59 percent for U.S. autos and up to 40 percent for U.S. poultry. This puts our workers and businesses at a global competitive disadvantage.
  • Eliminating these taxes on the cars, crops, and consumer goods that our workers produce will support American jobs and create new opportunities to sell to the world’s fastest-growing markets.
  • Our domestic market is already open to the world. TPP tears down barriers to other markets so that we can compete.
0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

Critical Thinking,

I am not saying that it would not have been a good start.  I don't think it would have been enough.  But, everything has to start someplace and can always be improved, so it always better to start than not.  But that means you have to other "friends" that are willing to go with you and since Trump doesn't seem to care about alienating our long term friends, this isn't the case.

Honored Social Butterfly

sp362 wrote, "As an example. I agree that something needs to be done with China and trade.  However, if we had a President with a different attitude doing it, they would have been able to bring multiple countries into a coalition against China and have a much more effective position than the US trying to go it alone."

That isn't an IF, because it already happened. When Obama was president, he already did that. Obama helped form and promote the TPP, which was a major free trade organization set up to counter the economic weight of China. 

One of the first things Trump did was to drop out of the TPP. His cult members thought that was a great idea, but they have no idea about the design and plans for the TPP. They were used to Trump bashing the TPP at his rallies where his audience would boo when it was mentioned, but they didn't even know what TPP stood for.

It actually created many of the conditions Trump was seeking in his stupid Trade War with China. All he had to do was remain a member of the TPP.

Critical Thinking,

The agreement would have had a limited effect on trade with China (compared to what we are trying to do now).  If we could have gotten the European Union on board (with the other largest importers of Chinese goods), we would have been in the driver's seat. 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Good Morning to you ALL and i hope you stay well. ✌️

OKAY,  just one more comment...NONE of what you all have said has anything to do with the FACTS.  It never does, hence the initial brick wall comment.  I think most of you just like to argue, never mind the truth or the facts.  It shows in the OPs headline really and then in further responses.

I'm not a name caller and believe that labels are made for product not people. But you all have at it, you usually do.  "We" can't have a intelligent conversation with people that have the following thinking:

trump broke the sun LOL April 2020.jpgA

A picture is worth a thousand words.  🙂

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Richva: Your response is what I usually get from those who, for reasons only God can understand, protest that he is doing a good job. It happens just after I start rolling out facts such as his 50% employee turnover rate.  46% of his Department heads are "acting".  He  has given Iran the ability to pursue their nuclear ambitions without any effective curbs. He abandoned the Kurds on the battlefield. His approach to immigration is based on a physical wall he cannot justify. 

sunluver1943: OKAY, just one more comment...NONE of what you all have said has anything to do with the FACTS. It never does, hence the initial brick wall comment. I think most of you just like to argue, never mind the truth or the facts. It shows in the OPs headline really and then in further responses.

I always find it fun when the regressives resond to a list of facts about Donald Trump with

1. A statement that there are no facts which make Trump look bad and
  2. A meme instead of any facts. 

In truth, it must really suck to attempt to defend the Trump administration with factual data. Apparently, it cannot be done.  ITYS

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal 
Factual responses? There is one area which is the base of many discussions...

trump’s lies to the American public. 
Due to modern technology, we have records of the printed word, audio recordings, and video recordings with audio. In three and a half years, trump has over 12,000, and probably more, diversions from any glimpse of the truth.

And he does this on a daily basis.  

Wouldn’t that be considered factual, and an underlying basis for daily discussions. 

sunluver1943,

What you are complaining about is part of the discussion.  You think that Trump is doing a great job.  I would disagree.  What specifically has he done that you consider to be so great?  If you want to have an actual discussion, then list a few.  Please be as specific as possible, saying something like eliminating regulations is meaningless since there will be some regulations that were eliminated that I would consider to be good and others that I would consider to be bad.

I would also argue that your America First position will lead to longer term problems.  As an example. I agree that something needs to be done with China and trade.  However, if we had a President with a different attitude doing it, they would have been able to bring multiple countries into a coalition against China and have a much more effective position than the US trying to go it alone.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

WOWZER:  Conversation is pictures / memes...RW are pretty pathetic and they swear their loyalty to a person who has done little more than lie for 3 yeara...and those people lap that bs up.   Weirdly, they attempt to blame others for "hate" when in fact that is also not true - unless of course you agree that rights alone are sufficient, those groupies take no step toward being responsible for negative outcome from their actions.....shooting people because they are asked to wear protective masks when entering an establishment.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

trump lies and will go down as probably the worst president ever. 
Destroying a country will be his “crowning” legacy...that’s not good!

Are you sure? Because Trump's saying the press treats him worse than it treated Lincoln.

Maybe Trump's just misunderstood. He didn't have the advantages Lincoln had: 

born in a log cabin in Kentucky (ack!), self-educated, sparkling reputation for scrupulous  business dealing, known as "Honest" Abe.

No, Trump was born a millionaire, educated at the finest private schools, played exhausting rounds of golf again and again, and suffered all his life from painful bone spurs. Poor guy. It's not fair they way he's treated.

Regular Social Butterfly

Richva...Your response(s) simply make my initial point. So continue to say what you must but i don't see the point in my continuing with this. I have said all i need or want to say. 

President Trump doesn't need me, or anybody else, to defend him or the great work he has done during his Presidency. The proof is there for anybody that's sincerely willing to open their eyes and mind to see. Like it or not he is still President of the United States of America and will be, God willing, for another four plus years!  

Honored Social Butterfly

sunluver1943

Richva...Your response(s) simply make my initial point. So continue to say what you must but i don't see the point in my continuing with this. I have said all i need or want to say.

President Trump doesn't need me, or anybody else, to defend him or the great work he has done during his Presidency. The proof is there for anybody that's sincerely willing to open their eyes and mind to see. Like it or not he is still President of the United States of America and will be, God willing, for another four plus years!

Your response is what I usually get from those who, for reasons only God can understand, protest that he is doing a good job. It happens just after I start rolling out facts such as his 50% employee turnover rate.  46% of his Department heads are "acting".  He  has given Iran the ability to pursue their nuclear ambitions without any effective curbs. He abandoned the Kurds on the battlefield. His approach to immigration is based on a physical wall he cannot justify. 

The list goes on but suddenly they become "tired" of talking to me and say things like "your responses make my initial point" without explaining that very vague statement at all.  They certainly are never able to post any facts to the contrary.  So, I continue to take the opportunity to point out the many Trump failures to date and hope that they have some power to sway. If not the person to whom I am writing, then to all those undeclared voters out there.  But......be aware the thread is about solid conservatives who are also spreading the facts about Trump.  Not some left wing liberal conspiracy group. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Richva:  His approach to immigration is based on a physical wall he cannot justify. 

It's also one he can't build.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Only proves the point. trump supporters always want to shut down the conversation, or withdraw because there is no rational reason of support for trump being president, especially after watching trump speak at any event. 
We know what we see, hear, and read...

trump lies and will go down as probably the worst president ever. 
Destroying a country will be his “crowning” legacy...that’s not good!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

williamb: Only proves the point. trump supporters always want to shut down the conversation, or withdraw because there is no rational reason of support for trump being president, especially after watching trump speak at any event.
We know what we see, hear, and read...

Yes, we do know what we see and hear, but I have to wonder just what they see and hear. It's like we see a Dalmation and describe a dog with spots, but they see one and describe a solid black, long haired dog and tell us we hate dogs so that's why we talk about a dog with spots.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

2019-09-14 April 20 2020 transfer from phone to pc 056.gif

Sorry (Richva)  but i have tried having a decent/civil conversation regarding the politics of today and our President and it just ain't happenin'.  Because most Dems ( i did say "most") are like they're brain dead and don't comprehend the truth or seem to be blind when it comes to President Trumps accomplishments and there are many.  I mean do you actually watch President Trump yourself at his rallies or watch his briefings on this new virus?  Because if you do, your comprehension is totally different than many of us that happen to appreciate President Trumps AMERICA/AMERICANS FIRST philosophy.  

Honored Social Butterfly

sunlover1943 posted:

Sorry (Richva)  but i have tried having a decent/civil conversation regarding the politics of today and our President and it just ain't happenin'.  Because most Dems ( i did say "most") are like they're brain dead and don't comprehend the truth or seem to be blind when it comes to President Trumps accomplishments and there are many.  I mean do you actually watch President Trump yourself at his rallies or watch his briefings on this new virus?  Because if you do, your comprehension is totally different than many of us that happen to appreciate President Trumps AMERICA/AMERICANS FIRST philosophy.  

============

I believe I can see why you have been unable to have a civil discussion regarding the politics of today and it isn't the fault of those you are discussing with.

Honored Social Butterfly

sunluver1943 Sorry (Richva) but i have tried having a decent/civil conversation regarding the politics of today and our President and it just ain't happenin'. Because most Dems ( i did say "most") are like they're brain dead and don't comprehend the truth or seem to be blind when it comes to President Trumps accomplishments and there are many. I mean do you actually watch President Trump yourself at his rallies or watch his briefings on this new virus? Because if you do, your comprehension is totally different than many of us that happen to appreciate President Trumps AMERICA/AMERICANS FIRST philosophy.

I believe "America First" is his tag line.  Something like Bennie Hill would use on a regular basis.  Since he did not deign to begin a response to the pandemic for several months, hoping it would just go away.  That makes him remarkably selfish as well as short sighted.  You want to classify me as someone who suffers from "TDS" but what kind of leader is so incompetent on so many levels that he must create an acronym to explain the people who bring light to his failings?  I prefer ITYS.  As everything his greatest detractors had predicted is coming to fruition. And worse. 

Regular Social Butterfly

OK i'll bite.  lol

judge judy animated.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

sunluver1943:OK i'll bite. lol

Ah, Just talking about the Lincoln Project. A group of conservatives who want to return the GOP to the ethics and morality of its roots. They are creating short documentaries of the incompetence of Donald Trump. It is WONDERFUL.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png