Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
303
Views

Re: Ask Your Favorite Billionaire these Questions

303 Views
Message 1 of 33

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Hey - How about - just once - the United States had a President who grew up poor on a Farm - served his Country in the Military in a War Zone - went back to Civilian Life after 3 years of Service & a Honorable Discharge - went right to work after the Service working at least 2 jobs much of the time started a few small businesses with various degrees of success - raised 5 children & is still relatively poor living in a low to middle class neighborhood surrounded by mostly other Americans who had a similar lifes experience

 

You know - how about for once we have a American President who really identifies with someone like me & the approximately 200 million other Americans who lived a similar life in this Country & never got anywhere near being a Millionaire or a Billionaire or hasn't had a day go by where MONEY wasn't a worry right at the top of the list all the other daily Worries

 

Why have we come to a point in time where like everything else in America - Wealth determines everything - even who can become President or will even be considered


I like your idea but I don't think I will see this in my lifetime.


That's because we have so many idiots that are willing to support a low life Russia loving traitor like trump. 


Your point is what - we had no billionaires during the Clinton and Obama Administrations?

 

Hatred for the President and we who voted for him cannot be the only answer to every issue.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
303
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
307
Views

Re: Ask Your Favorite Billionaire these Questions

307 Views
Message 2 of 33

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I believe that welfare recipients were your inclusion, not mine.

Uh huh. And that's why I believe conservatives are perpetually fact-challenged. The second post on this thread - the second post on this thread - was made by you, and consisted entirely of "I'm sure my favorite millionaire is no more or less capable of reading axios than anyone living off the efforts of others." Here's the permalink. (The OP didn't mention welfare at all)

 

Now, you can claim all you want that "anyone living off the efforts of others" isn't right wing code speak for welfare recipients, but y'all ain't as clever as you think you are. I will not back off my stance that using racial slurs is more than simply being, as you categorized it, "insulting". And now you'll deny ever using the word "insulting" in 3.... 2...... 1....

 

An edit just to add - We're done.

 

 


There is no need for "code" or as some like to say, "dog whistle". Within our society and economy we have makers and takers. If you do not like that, fine but that does not change the reality.
How could I and why would I deny using the word "insulting"? It's right there. So, keep the count down going, your mind reading has failed.
And, once again, post in error and rather than accept it, say "We're done" and run away.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
307
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
318
Views

Re: Ask Your Favorite Billionaire these Questions

318 Views
Message 3 of 33

I'm trying to sort through your rantings.

 

So by your own measure... billionaires are wealthy from inheritances or crooks and such wealth can only be obtained illicitly and I'll assume the inherited wealth was also obtained in much the same way.... is that right?

 

In addition not allowing your tax filling to be public is an indictment of sorts... is that right too?

 

 

 

 


@mickstuder wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
I have no problem with that, but no one should be chastised for their success. It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have.

If you take your opportunity and buried it into the ground and complain about others who took advantage of opportunity and made it grow ... that makes no sense and is unAmerican.


Everyone should be Scrutinized for their Success when they reside in a Demographic where you can fit all of them in a Passenger Plane and still have seats left for the US Millionaires............................according to Forbes their are only 540 Billionaires in the USA and 1/2 of them like Trump refuse to allow anyone to see their Taxes so the number is probably much lower - There are 230 Airbus A380's that Fly all around the World that can carrying 850 passengers - everyday - all day

 

If all it took to become a Billionaire in todays World was some smarts and hard work - one would think that out of a population of 8 Billion in the World - there would be more than 2,250 Billionaires on the Planet

 

You get to be a Billionaire either by inheriting the money & power or by being corrupt and cheating on everything and everyone else

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
318
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
354
Views

Re: Ask Your Favorite Billionaire these Questions

354 Views
Message 4 of 33

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Hey - How about - just once - the United States had a President who grew up poor on a Farm - served his Country in the Military in a War Zone - went back to Civilian Life after 3 years of Service & a Honorable Discharge - went right to work after the Service working at least 2 jobs much of the time started a few small businesses with various degrees of success - raised 5 children & is still relatively poor living in a low to middle class neighborhood surrounded by mostly other Americans who had a similar lifes experience

 

You know - how about for once we have a American President who really identifies with someone like me & the approximately 200 million other Americans who lived a similar life in this Country & never got anywhere near being a Millionaire or a Billionaire or hasn't had a day go by where MONEY wasn't a worry right at the top of the list all the other daily Worries

 

Why have we come to a point in time where like everything else in America - Wealth determines everything - even who can become President or will even be considered


I like your idea but I don't think I will see this in my lifetime.


That's because we have so many idiots that are willing to support a low life Russia loving traitor like trump. 


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
354
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
358
Views

Re: Ask Your Favorite Billionaire these Questions

358 Views
Message 5 of 33

@rk9152 wrote:

I believe that welfare recipients were your inclusion, not mine.

Uh huh. And that's why I believe conservatives are perpetually fact-challenged. The second post on this thread - the second post on this thread - was made by you, and consisted entirely of "I'm sure my favorite millionaire is no more or less capable of reading axios than anyone living off the efforts of others." Here's the permalink. (The OP didn't mention welfare at all)

 

Now, you can claim all you want that "anyone living off the efforts of others" isn't right wing code speak for welfare recipients, but y'all ain't as clever as you think you are. I will not back off my stance that using racial slurs is more than simply being, as you categorized it, "insulting". And now you'll deny ever using the word "insulting" in 3.... 2...... 1....

 

An edit just to add - We're done.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
358
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
401
Views

Re: Ask Your Favorite Billionaire these Questions

401 Views
Message 6 of 33

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

 


How is Schultz related to the nastiness of customers?
However, I do believe my comments of how to make more than the minimum is valid and a lesson that should be pushed rather than trying to make the minimum a salary to raise a family on.

You like to go on about the 238,000 jobs Schultz created, yet the company he steered doesn't pay those employees, who are often subjected to abuse from the customers, any where close to what Bezos pays his employees (not to mention Bezos created more than double the jobs Schultz did), yet the right wing frequently bashes Bezos. It's interesting to see how the right wing lionizes one, and vilifies the other.

 

So how much should a company pay someone who is often subjected to abuse? Of course, we know Starbucks can dish it right back. Having black people arrested for doing the same thing white people do, or disparaging a latino name with a racial slur, and even after their so called racial diversity training, disparaging a Filipino-American air force vet with a racial slur.

 

@Olderscout66and @mickstuder made excellent points, and no diversions about minimum wage or welfare has disputed it.

 

No "on and on" just a simple statement of fact. I'm not lionizing anyone, I am not bashing Bezos. So I really don't get why you are responding to me with that stuff.

 

You complained about employees being insulted and now you are concerned about them insulting. it seems you just have a need to spout negativism.


 


Excusing racism as merely "insulting" is exactly why it still exists to this day. There was no "simple statement of fact" that had anything to do with welfare recipients, you just threw them in because they're a favorite right wing whipping post. Scout spilled the beans about Schultz's fortune, and your response was what about the 238,000 jobs. And then when it's pointed out that those 238,000 jobs pale in the face of jobs created by someone the right wing loves to mock, the line then becomes "I really don't get why you are responding to me with that stuff". So, since you can't seem to follow the conversation, we're done.

 

 


Just what is your complaint, that Schultz's employees are picked on or that they are racists?? And neither was excused by me so you can drop that claim.
I believe that welfare recipients were your inclusion, not mine.
Once again, I did not mock Bezos so please stick to reality not your built up resentments.
I am following the conversation very well but you keep making stuff up to complain about. And now you want to run away from your false claims.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
401
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
410
Views

Re: Ask Your Favorite Billionaire these Questions

410 Views
Message 7 of 33

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
I have no problem with that, but no one should be chastised for their success. It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have.

If you take your opportunity and buried it into the ground and complain about others who took advantage of opportunity and made it grow ... that makes no sense and is unAmerican.


Nobody is chastising Schultz, just pointing out HOW he made his billions - by underpaying those who sold the goods that generated the profits.

 

Nobody is chastising the Uberrich, just pointing out they've been underpaying their taxes for the past 32 years and its time for that to stop.


By what standard did he underpay them?

 

Uberrich - Considering the fact that the top 20% pays 87%, I'd say you have a strange idea of "fair share".

 

BTW - your 32 year thing is wrong. So, maybe you can drop the Reagan tax cut scam fraud that has been going on for too long. The top 10% paid a higher percentage of the total in 2014 (70.88%) than in 1979 (59.4%).

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29861648/ns/politics-capitol_hill/t/how-tax-burden-has-changed/#.XFS-NuHYr...

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CAKVPC_enUS654US655&ei=g8FUXMz9N6bm_QbGjr7wCA&q=percentage+of+tot...

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
410
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
420
Views

Re: Ask Your Favorite Billionaire these Questions

420 Views
Message 8 of 33

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
I have no problem with that, but no one should be chastised for their success. It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have.

If you take your opportunity and buried it into the ground and complain about others who took advantage of opportunity and made it grow ... that makes no sense and is unAmerican.


Everyone should be Scrutinized for their Success when they reside in a Demographic where you can fit all of them in a Passenger Plane and still have seats left for the US Millionaires............................according to Forbes their are only 540 Billionaires in the USA and 1/2 of them like Trump refuse to allow anyone to see their Taxes so the number is probably much lower - There are 230 Airbus A380's that Fly all around the World that can carrying 850 passengers - everyday - all day

 

If all it took to become a Billionaire in todays World was some smarts and hard work - one would think that out of a population of 8 Billion in the World - there would be more than 2,250 Billionaires on the Planet

 

You get to be a Billionaire either by inheriting the money & power or by being corrupt and cheating on everything and everyone else

 

 

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
420
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
431
Views

Re: Ask Your Favorite Billionaire these Questions

431 Views
Message 9 of 33

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

 


How is Schultz related to the nastiness of customers?
However, I do believe my comments of how to make more than the minimum is valid and a lesson that should be pushed rather than trying to make the minimum a salary to raise a family on.

You like to go on about the 238,000 jobs Schultz created, yet the company he steered doesn't pay those employees, who are often subjected to abuse from the customers, any where close to what Bezos pays his employees (not to mention Bezos created more than double the jobs Schultz did), yet the right wing frequently bashes Bezos. It's interesting to see how the right wing lionizes one, and vilifies the other.

 

So how much should a company pay someone who is often subjected to abuse? Of course, we know Starbucks can dish it right back. Having black people arrested for doing the same thing white people do, or disparaging a latino name with a racial slur, and even after their so called racial diversity training, disparaging a Filipino-American air force vet with a racial slur.

 

@Olderscout66and @mickstuder made excellent points, and no diversions about minimum wage or welfare has disputed it.

 

No "on and on" just a simple statement of fact. I'm not lionizing anyone, I am not bashing Bezos. So I really don't get why you are responding to me with that stuff.

 

You complained about employees being insulted and now you are concerned about them insulting. it seems you just have a need to spout negativism.


 


Excusing racism as merely "insulting" is exactly why it still exists to this day. There was no "simple statement of fact" that had anything to do with welfare recipients, you just threw them in because they're a favorite right wing whipping post. Scout spilled the beans about Schultz's fortune, and your response was what about the 238,000 jobs. And then when it's pointed out that those 238,000 jobs pale in the face of jobs created by someone the right wing loves to mock, the line then becomes "I really don't get why you are responding to me with that stuff". So, since you can't seem to follow the conversation, we're done.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
431
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
441
Views

Re: Ask Your Favorite Billionaire these Questions

441 Views
Message 10 of 33

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
I have no problem with that, but no one should be chastised for their success. It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have.

If you take your opportunity and buried it into the ground and complain about others who took advantage of opportunity and made it grow ... that makes no sense and is unAmerican.


Nobody is chastising Schultz, just pointing out HOW he made his billions - by underpaying those who sold the goods that generated the profits.

 

Nobody is chastising the Uberrich, just pointing out they've been underpaying their taxes for the past 32 years and its time for that to stop.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
441
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors