Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Armed Mexican troops question American soldiers

Message 1 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

So do you also condone elements of the Mexican Army crossing our border and holding our soldiers at gunpoint?  Apparently you do by your continuing to stay off topic from that.

Condone no.  but not surprised,  why not, if the Mexicans are all criminals, rapists, border crossers, drug dealers, and all the insults that Trump have showered that country why would you be surprised at their actions?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 35

@gruffstuff wrote:

Could be  Mexican Citizens living near  the border are being terrorized by US right wing militias, and the Mexican police / military are trying to protect their own citizens.

Or it could be as the CNN article said:  "the officials said the river in that area consists of brush-filled and dried-out riverbed, making it "very easy" for people to be confused as to what side of the border they are on."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/politics/mexican-troops-american-soldiers-border/index.html

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 35

: Armed Mexican troops question American soldiers

Maybe is has something to do with armed militia dressed like the US military making " citizen's arrests " near the US border.

I wonder if they're crossing the border to " arrest " people, then bringing them back to the US and saying " See we got one " ?

Could be  Mexican Citizens living near  the border are being terrorized by US right wing militias, and the Mexican police / military are trying to protect their own citizens.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

This isn't "partisan", so pay attention to it, it's from the source provided for you:

"the president explains his decision to order Federal troops to Little Rock to ensure that the students are allowed access to the school, as mandated by the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Brown v. Board of Education".

Are you telling me what to post? 

Read my post to Alferdpacker and would you condone the Democratic Governor of Arkansas using the National Guard to prevent those Black students from attending Little Rock High School?  Apparently you would by your objections.

This link might be beneficial in explaining why Eisenhower sent in the 101st Airborne.  Basically he was carrying out out his constitutional responsibility to enforce the law.  Of course there are those who would prefer to carry on partisan type arguments.

So do you also condone elements of the Mexican Army crossing our border and holding our soldiers at gunpoint?  Apparently you do by your continuing to stay off topic from that.

You are correct correct, there are some here who would prefer to carry on "partisan type arguments", so please don't.  Again, this isn't partisan and you didn't answer to this:

"the president explains his decision to order Federal troops to Little Rock to ensure that the students are allowed access to the school, as mandated by the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Brown v. Board of Education".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 35

@mickstuder wrote:

But I know I Never Belonged To A US Miltary Organization that Believed My Service to My Country involved being put in a position where I could be held at Gun Point by the Mexican Army on US Soil & worse have it happen

I'm sure that the two soldiers acted responsibly.  As far as the Mexican soldiers that would be another question.  First it has already been explained that the border in that are is the Rio Grande.  But again it was in an area where the border fence was back from the actual border and the river bed was dry at the location.

One of the soldiers spoke Spanish and the two defused the situation.  I'm sure that the Mexican soldiers has had a good 'talking to' by now about international borders.

Of course these soldiers were not deliberately placed in that situation, but it was just a situation that happened.  And there was nothing about the incident about following an illegal order, and if it was it would go no farther than the Commanding General, but I have no doubt who would come out ahead unless there was a very good reason for the disobedience.

Perhaps other Veterans are looking at this situation more logically than wanting to make a political issue to place blame on someone they politically disagree with?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

There are many reasons why - Possee Comitatis - was deemed necessary

To the contrary, perhaps you should do some more research on Posse Comitatis.  These troops were at the border; the Mexican soldiers were on U.S. soil (even mistakenly).  The mission of the military at the border wasn't for law enforcement but for logistics support for the Border Patrol.  That was mostly to free them up for enforcement.

In this case it was the Mexican soldiers that was wrong.  And the Americans acted correctly to defuse the situation and set them straight, thus defusing the situation.

There does seem many who are not that familiar with the act.  Our military was correctly deployed correctly in supporting another federal agency within the United States in a non-military capacity.

Not sure what Military you claim to be a Veteran of

But I know I Never Belonged To A US Miltary Organization that Believed My Service to My Country involved being put in a position where I could be held at Gun Point by the Mexican Army on US Soil & worse have it happen

Just the Fact That This Incident Happened with the Commander & Chief Mute - is all the proof anyone should require to prove our current Commander in Chief is incompetent

I would have refused that kind of duty Mister & I would have dared my Government to Court Martial me over it

Uniform Code of Military Conduct

You Do Not Have To Obey A Illegal Order No Matter Who Issues it

I would have tested the Legality of that Order all the way to the Supreme Court & Won

Again the Incident Proves The Deployment of US Soldiers to the Southern Border where they were held on US Soil at Gun Point by Foreign Soldiers and their President response is to go Golfing at Mar a Lago just reaffirms that my response to such a deployment would have been to refuse

Imagine being one of those US Soldiers & being hung out to dry like that being abandoned by their entire Chain of Command all the way to the top

It disgusts me that other American Veterans would try to not only defend this mistreatment of US Soldiers but continue to support it

UnAmerican at the least and un supportive of the US Military at its worst

A Fully Trained & Equipped US Soldier is the most feared Individual Military Unit on the Planet - to disgrace them by using them in this manner & expecting them to endure this kind of humiliating incident & without any appropriate defensive response or retaliation is beyond my ability to comprehend

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 35

randpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

The above post contains opinion as well as conclusions that may or may not be appropriate, accurate and legally conclusive.

In any event, it appears your opinion would be that Eisenhower had no right to carry out his constitutional duties to enforce the laws of this country.  Therefore you are giving the impression that you support Faubus' action in calling out the National Guard to block the Black students from desegregating Little Rock schools.

Nope - not at all - Fabus was a racist scumbag - as were the majority of Southern governors of that era - a significant proportion of Fabus' constituency were racists...

Sorry - any dishonest and bogus attempt to paint me as a biased person against persons of color - a pro-white racist - will never work.

And even earlier in the thread apparently you are defending and praising the Mexican soldiers actions in holding our soldiers at gunpoint on our territory.  (04-19-2019 10:51 PM)

Yep - sure did - I consider it a very appropriate comeuppance for the fat moron making the once respected Oval Office into a disgusting bleephole - what is the fat moron going to do but whine and make stupid, mostly unworkable threats?

What will you do to me - reduce me in rank - put me on report?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 35

@alferdpacker wrote:

So there was no justifiable reason for them to be armed - we thought so...

To the contrary, for defensive purposes by the military law enforcement personnel.  Those of the Engineer units didn't.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 35

@alferdpacker wrote:

The above post contains opinion as well as conclusions that may or may not be appropriate, accurate and legally conclusive.

In any event, it appears your opinion would be that Eisenhower had no right to carry out his constitutional duties to enforce the laws of this country.  Therefore you are giving the impression that you support Faubus' action in calling out the National Guard to block the Black students from desegregating Little Rock schools.

And even earlier in the thread it appears that apparently you are defending and praising the Mexican soldiers actions in holding our soldiers at gunpoint on our soil.  (04-19-2019 10:51 PM)

Yes, I would agree that some conclusions may not be appropriate.

Have a good afternoon Alferd...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Our military was correctly deployed correctly in supporting another federal agency within the United States in a non-military capacity.

So there was no justifiable reason for them to be armed - we thought so...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors