From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you still proud as an American

Message 41 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

You seem to be defensive about Hillary

You seem to be infatuated with her.

I like this brief topic by a poster on another discussion site:

Hillary Clinton..2016

She lost.

HILLARY CLINTON........2020. Hey, we can dream can't we?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Then go cream at that topic there, and stop taking the thread at this discussion site off-topic.

Do you always jump into a discussion telling others what to post and what not to? 

Do you have any reason for taking this thread off-topic by only posting what's allegedly posted at another discussion site? Didn't think so.

Now, as a general response (to no one in particular Tx, so you can quit thinking this is still about you) I want to relate a discussion I had with my youngest daughter the other day. She's 50, so though she was alive during Nixon's term as president, she was just a baby/toddler.

She started by telling me how she recalled how embarrassed she felt for Nixon while learning about him growing up. More like pity and shame, especially for the bigotry he harbored, particularly against Jews and blacks. She never felt that kind of embarrassment toward our government again until the lying in the run up to the Iraq war became apparent.

And then, there's Trump. The way he insults other countries and their citizens. The petty lying about crowd sizes and Bowling Green Massacres. Crude (and criminal) remarks about women. Bending over backwards for a nation that shoots civilian airliners out of the sky and poisons people around the world, but does nothing to assist the American people he's bent on taking health care away from (many who have health care as adults for the first time in their lives). The bigotry he empowers (very fine people), and his silence regarding the uptick in anti-Semitism. One tried to cheat on his taxes, and the other won't release a tax return at all.

All I could do was sit and nod as she spoke. I'm pretty sure I can speak for both of us in that our American pride is still there, it's just being suffocated beneath a dense layer of shame and embarrassment, for the second time in both of our lives.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 84

@BigLib wrote:

Then go cream at that topic there, and stop taking the thread at this discussion site off-topic.

Do you always jump into a discussion telling others what to post and what not to? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 84

we36tsqz85811.jpg

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 84
I'M PROUDER TO BE A TEXAN, THAN AN AMERICAN.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 84
I LOST MOST OF THE REST MY PATRIOTISM WHEN "W" WAS ELECTED/RE-ELECTED. & THE DISHONEST ELECTION OF 2000 FURTHER DISSALLUSIONED ME. AS A CYNIC, I WAS NOT SURPRISED TO READ ABOUT THE VOTING IRREGULARITIES & PROBLEMS. ONLY WHEN WE ELECTED/RE-ELECTED BARACK OBAMA, DID I THINK THAT PERHAPS THIS COUNTRY CAN DO SOMETHING RIGHT- THAT'S PROGRESS! BUT SINCE THE LAST 'ELECTION' I RESPECT EVEN LESS WHAT THIS COUNTRY HAS BECOME.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Hillary Clinton..2016

She lost.

Well thanks for a straight answer. You are infatuated with her. That happens to a lot of people with famous people. The AMA has some good articles on how to control it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Hillary Clinton..2016

She lost.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 84

@john258 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Hillary Clinton..2016

She lost.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

You got a problem with my identifying a reason I'm proud to be an American -

You forget Slick Willie, Hillary and Obama.  One who used the Oval Office for his liason with his intern, Hillary who sold her office for contributions to the family business, and Obama who was more interested in his heritage than the country.

Actually, a lot of America was more interested in Obama's heritage,, that was unquestionably American. A genuine fools parade.

Kudos
Views