From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you still proud as an American

Message 31 of 84

@jimc91 wrote:

Yes I am very proud to be an American.

The behavior of some of our Americans from the left do however embarrass me.  But we are a nation of laws so we have a way to deal with people that violate the law.

I will defend the first amendment to the death,  You have the right to say how you feel.  You do not however, have the right to put your hands on another person in a fit of anger.  All Americans have the right to defend themselves and their families.

So to you radicals from the left;  You should think twice about letting your emotions get the best of you.  Should you run across one of us Americans that understand we do have the right to defend ourselves, just be prepared for the response.

Don't start any trouble and there will be no trouble...

Like the rattlesnake flag with the "Don't Tread On Me" caption.  A threat concealed in a 'warning'.  Not that I disagree with the sentiment.  I have to admit to feeling the same way from time to time.

I do try to make criticism fit the culprit just the same. I can't think of any instance where stereotypes are a good thing.  One size never does fit all.  'Course,,,,, IF the personal behavior fits the stereotype, I guess that's something else.  In cases like that just say the truth right out loud.  Might be a good thing to make sure it really IS the truth, though.  That way you don't swing that tar-brush too wide and catch somebody you shouldn't.  There might be consequences you might not like and that's the truth.

Made me think about the 'Best Old Farmer's Advice Ever'.  A descendents of a relative dug it up.  This one goes like this:  'Don't pick a fight with an old man.  If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you'.  

Not quite the same, but something like what you said, wouldn't you say?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 84

@Soosie wrote:
I myself am still proud to be an American, but ashamed what an of what American has become.....@angeleyes.........I too am ashamed of what many in America have become. I am ashamed of the haters, the name callers, the people who can only see something negative in everything that is accomplished. I am ashamed of those who sit by each day and throw stones, but never get up and actually go out and do something on an individual basis to make the world better. I am ashamed of those that cry for children brought in by careless parents who are not coming through a legal system and THEY, themselves with selfish motives put their own children at risk. I am ashamed that these same people are not reaching out to the countless children who have lost their parent who went to war to defend our rights, even the rights of those who only whine. I'm ashamed of a party who cannot see they are destructing within and doing harm to our country. I am ashamed of those who spend each day worrying about something they may lose, but make no backup plan should this happen. I am ashamed of able bodied individuals who whine that the government does not have enough to support them. I am ashamed of those who do not support our military or police officers. I am still hopefull. I see my hope in the next generation. I pray they do not become bitter and angry as mine has. I pray the next generation is stronger, less dependent, forward thinkers, go getters, thinkers and solvers who don't mind using some elbow grease to get things done.

Ahhh...soosie, soosie, soosie.  Remember the lesson in the parable about the mote in another's eye and the beam in one's own.  A pretty smart man told that one and I can't be sure who he had in mind, but I've got a pretty good idea just from the way he behaved all day, every day.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 84

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

You got a problem with my identifying a reason I'm proud to be an American -

You forget Slick Willie, Hillary and Obama.  One who used the Oval Office for his liason with his intern, Hillary who sold her office for contributions to the family business, and Obama who was more interested in his heritage than the country.

Interesting opinion that you are of course entitiled to  - but I don't accept that point of view at all.

I'll pray for you...

Ahhhh.....now, now, now you're being sarcastic again, af.  The ultimate patronizing put-down.  Somebody or something's gonna getcha for that.  Learn that at born-again Sunday School, did you? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 84

Interesting to see all the GOPers professing great pride in America without mentioning anything specific they're proud of - only the things they feel are preventing American Greatness.

So Republicans, are you proud of:

Our infrastructure?

Our culture?

Our scientific accomplishments?

Our unity?

Our upward mobility?

Our willingness to help eachother?

Our openess to other cultures?

Our health care system?

Our infant mortality?

Our average real income?

Our affordable education?

What is it, exactly, that makes you proud and does not require improvement?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 84

@alferdpacker wrote:

Yep - and credit must be given to some of the tovarisches who persist in posting in favor of Putin's Purchase on your side of the fence for their misuse of the term...

Just like the communists of the 40's and 50's....when met with accusations reply with attempting to denigrate the integrity of the other.

Bye Alferd

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

- just can't find a way to deal with that hate they have for Hillary.

That word - HATE - has been much overused here a lot by the hillbots.

Yep - and credit must be given to some of the tovarisches who persist in posting in favor of Putin's Purchase on your side of the fence for their misuse of the term...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 84

@alferdpacker wrote:

- just can't find a way to deal with that hate they have for Hillary.

That word - HATE - has been much overused here a lot by the hillbots.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I like this brief topic by a poster on another discussion site:

Hillary Clinton..2016

She lost.

HILLARY CLINTON........2020. Hey, we can dream can't we?

Might add this:

Hillary Clinton..2008

She lost.

Hillary Clinton..2016

She lost.

Hillary Clinton..2020

Three strikes and she's OUT

The AMA has some good articles that should be of use to you.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 84

There the trump klan goes again - just can't find a way to deal with that hate they have for Hillary.

Having and holding that much virulent hate deep inside isn't at all good for one's health - emotional and physical...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 84

@rk9152 wrote:

I like this brief topic by a poster on another discussion site:

Hillary Clinton..2016

She lost.

HILLARY CLINTON........2020. Hey, we can dream can't we?

Might add this:

Hillary Clinton..2008

She lost.

Hillary Clinton..2016

She lost.

Hillary Clinton..2020

Three strikes and she's OUT

Kudos
Views