Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you still proud as an American

Message 21 of 84

So.  Back to the topic itself.  The United States of America gave us reason to be proud because of concepts set forth in THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE and followed by THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES together with it's amendments.  Sadly, not all implementing law, administration of that law or behavior of its citizens has been consistent with those concepts.  That's a truth.  I am not proud of that. Nor does anyone have a right to be.

Admirable things, those documents.  The envy of the 'enlightened world'.  A grand and glorious experiment in eloquent words by elegant people.  So liberal, they may even be termed radical...and have been.  Not at all 'conservative'. 

'Conservatives' were the monarchists then.  Todays 'conservative' is similarly disposed toward authoritarianism and nationalism.  The proponents center their arguments on isolationist self-aggrandizement with manufactured evils if no convenient ones actually exist.  Demagogues do that.  It works. That practice and its successful result flies in the face of the self-evident Truths so simply declared by our founders. An indictment of the demagogue and their targets as well.  Hard to be proud of that.

Am I proud to be an American?  Well...I'm exceedingly proud to be a citizen of what the United States of America is supposed to stand for.  For the real progress the Nation has made toward those stated concepts.  I am honestly dismayed by what the United States of America is on the way to becoming if we fail to return to the concepts as written in those documents.  Forget the details. If each of us would abide by those concepts, details would inevitably lead to those concepts. Think about it.  The great divider has no interest in that.  Nor do his disciples.

To try to convince others to see the importance of that is why I'm here. To convince them those concepts are their country.  To have it and be proud of it, they must nurture it with honest commitment to its values supported by their responsible and informed vote when called upon to do so.   For me it's a personal thing. That being said...I couldn't care less whether or not you agree.      

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 84

@umbarch64 wrote:

Even IF true...and it may not be...it's completely irrelevant to those whose behavior is in question.  No graduate of my intelligence sector in my Air Force could pull that crap and remain in his positon.  An ex-captain once tried that...I'm here....he's not.  Just so you know.

Now you are talking in riddles, I can't understand a thing you are saying.  I survived many situations by using common sense.  Not sure what you are talking about 'intelligence sector'... or what it has to do with this topic. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

and one more time your Clinton fetish comes to a thread. Innocent until proven guilty..unle you are a member of the Hitler youth, where any accusation you care to make should be taken as guilt. * I LOVE AMERICA, THE CONSTITUTION, AND ALL YOU ******* NEED TO GO TO JAIL FOR NOT AGREEING WITH MY FAKE NEWS.*

I do believe that you have a problem with my posting an opinion.  There is no Clinton fetish, but there is a problem in reminding Clinton supporters who are still crying in their beer because she lost. 

You don't have to read my posts if you have a problem with them.  We put up with your sides browbeating us during the primaries and before the general elections. 

Besides it was Hillary's nomination that drove more of those in mid-America to vote for Trump.  Any other candidate and he had a good chance of not being elected. 

So it began with you.

Awww....c'mon Tx.  That's a past source...this is now.  What any of the so-called liberals and their crew did or didn't do is irrelevant to what so-called conservatives and their crew now do by choice. 'They did it tooOOOOO' isn't very candid, now is it?  Opinion or not.

Even IF true...and it may not be...it's completely irrelevant to those whose behavior is in question.  No graduate of my intelligence sector in my Air Force could pull that crap and remain in his positon.  An ex-captain once tried that...I'm here....he's not.  Just so you know.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 84

@mandm84 wrote:

There are a few Republican's who have the moral character to stand up to the Lies , like the Bush Family and their Ethics Lawyer Richard Painter.

Tex asks What does Trump have to do with being a proud American ? Really is that a serious question - Our President ???

You admit he is OUR President?  What other President hasn't lied to the American people?  There are other things to be proud of to be an American rather than dwelling entirely on criticism of OUR President.  

Remember it is the voters who elected Trump to be our President, no one but an American citizen was in that voting booth with the choice to vote for him or not.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 84

Ok Tex , I will clean the slate and give President Trump my support !!! Maybe your right and I didn't give President Trump a fair shot from the start !!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 84

My Grandson hears the President on TV and asks me If what he says is true ? I answer No , then he asks " Why is the President saying it  ?  If this happened every once in a while ok , but 3,000 times !

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 84

There are a few Republican's who have the moral character to stand up to the Lies , like the Bush Family and their Ethics Lawyer Richard Painter.

Tex asks What does Trump have to do with being a proud American ? Really is that a serious question - Our President ???

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 84

What about those 3,000 Lies from President Trump Epster , rk9152 , Not , Easy , Soosie , Tex and other Far Right Posters ??? Are you " Proud " of those ??? Just pretend theyre not there and come up with another distraction or two ???

Truth matters not to the Far Right !!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 84

@mandm84 wrote:

What about those 3,000 Lies from President Trump ?

What does Trump have to do with being proud to be an American?   You are continually obsessed with Trump.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 84

What about those 3,000 Lies from President Trump ?

Kudos
Views